The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
so i contacted the accommodation office and it turns out CSM recieved my application for halls but somehow lost it... so i was never offered a place.

i will only be taken into consideration if and when a student declines their offer... anyone saying "no" to accommodation?????????????

thanks!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
I rang up housing yesterday and was told i'm still 'pending' and that they're doing more allocations and i should hear by the middle of July if I have a place. I think I'll be getting offered a place that someone else has turned down, as I think most people must have heard by now? (I did my foundation at UAL and was in halls this year (Ewen Henderson) so I don't have as much priority as everyone else, but live far enough away to possibly get a place....i think!)
Ewen Henderson was ok, the location isn't the nicest place, but i did feel quite safe, the staff are all really nice, there's a walk in clinic about 50 steps away, an Iceland at the top of the street and a Sainsburys 5/10 minutes walk away. There are also tescos/morrisons/asda/b&q all about 10-15mins on the bus. New Cross Gate station is 5 mins away and it takes about 8 minutes to get the train to london bridge. I had a monthy travelcard on my oyster in order to use the train (you can't do payg on this route) but it was a bit annoying that the east london line closed.
Reply 62
hi shiamay, im from Malaysia as well... gotten a place in ewen henderson too :biggrin:
but i guess im not taking up the offer seems too far away :mad:
Reply 63
Hey Save_k9... Wow... Which college are u goin to? Found somewhere else to stay?
Reply 64
im going to LCF, at golden lane, currently im in the midst of booking a room at canto court. Judging from the map, lime groove seems soooooo far away from ewen.
why dun u try finding a place nearby lime groove?
Reply 65
hrm... its okay.. will settle for this one. Itll be worse i suddenly couldnt find another accomodation. Hopefully second year will be better =)
Reply 66
all the best :biggrin:
Hi,

I'm an internation student from the US- going to LCF in Sept 08 for Foundation. I was offered a place in DGH, and a girl from LCF I was talking to on facebook gave me this information about the house: "I've lived here for the last two years and I find the location absolutely right. It doesn't take too long to get into central London and is very near Brick Lane, Old Street and Hoxton - the three most trendy parts of East London. Its the most comfortable halls of residence at UAL but a lot depends on who you live with. The crowd in my first year wasn't great but this year has been fantastic. DGH is also pretty close to two 24 hr bus routes so getting home after a night out is not going to be a problem!"

Anyone have anything else to add? I'm freaking out a little because I'll be completely on my own, and to top it all off, in a new country. Thx!
Reply 68
either way i guess u dun have any option to switch hostel now. was hoping to get don gratton as well, but was given ewen instead :frown:
Is this thread just for halls?
there's a room going in the flat I'm living (small single room £80 inclusive)
message me if you are interested - 20min bus ride from LCC - 20 min walk (5min bus ride) to Greenwich - same for Canada Water.
I got a warning for letting people know that there is a room going where I'm currently renting!!! (i'm not the landlord so I do not profit or receive anything!)

apparently being helpful is an awful thing to do so I apoligise for being informative and promise not to do it again!

and people wonder why others never do anything kind for others anymore!

PS: love the way TSR do not except responses back! try talking... it's called communciation!
Reply 71
well, maybe there are some scammers ard i guess? im not too sure, but i did received a pm or 2, abt room renting and xchange, and both are new members with one already banned
Reply 72
i have a place at ewen henderson but am going to be at the davies street campus so it's kinda far, if anybody at lcc would prefer ewen henderson or just anybody at all wants to swap, message me!
Reply 73
I think I was pretty lucky with accommodation!
I didn't get allocated any in the first lot of allocations, but ended up with an offer for Will Wyatt Court now =) anyone else staying there?
Reply 74
notdellie
I think I was pretty lucky with accommodation!
I didn't get allocated any in the first lot of allocations, but ended up with an offer for Will Wyatt Court now =) anyone else staying there?

omg! same here. i wasn't allocated a place cause i live bout an 1hour away. but i sent them an e-mail and they gave me a offer for will wyatt court. i'm moving in on the 7th sept. kinda nervous!
Reply 75
dolly_girl
omg! same here. i wasn't allocated a place cause i live bout an 1hour away. but i sent them an e-mail and they gave me a offer for will wyatt court. i'm moving in on the 7th sept. kinda nervous!

Really?! Thats very early! I was going to move my stuff down on the 14th and then go back home for a week and go down to stay on the 21st. I am so nervous about moving down etc AHHH

What course and stuff are you doing?
Reply 76
notdellie
Really?! Thats very early! I was going to move my stuff down on the 14th and then go back home for a week and go down to stay on the 21st. I am so nervous about moving down etc AHHH

What course and stuff are you doing?

yea i guess it's kinda early, thinking bout it what the hell am i gona do there. i know no one..i think i'm gona collect my keys, check my room on the 7th then move in on 14th. oh... i'm doing a foundation in art and design in lcf. what course r u doing?
Reply 77
Im doing fashion promotion at LCF.
But Ive changed my moving date to the 21st, its silly my stuff being down there and me not!!
Dont worry about not knowing anyone though, everyone is in the same boat and will be more than willing to make friends =)
Reply 78
im in ewen henderson court now! Anyone here stayin here too?
Reply 79
hi all i'm staying at Dongratton House, but was planning to move out to live with a couple of friends, anyone in need of halls and would love to take over the lease do let me know ? do email me at [email protected] for more info if you're interested ! thanks so much

Quick Reply