The Student Room Group
Reply 1
:smile: you can call up ucas on their helpline and ask them personally or just ask a school tutor??
Nextmove
do the tutors write your reference for UCAS after you hit pay/send.

Yes.
Reply 3
pippit
:smile: you can call up ucas on their helpline and ask them personally or just ask a school tutor??

I'm on a gap year and my tutor isn't replying to my email.

On the website it says

Applying through a school, college or other organisation
You won't have access to your reference. This will be completed on your behalf by your centre.

1.Check that each section of your application is correct and mark them all as complete.
2.Pay for your application (if applicable) and send it online to your referee.
3.Your referee will check and approve your application.
4.Your referee will write the reference.
5.Your centre will approve the reference and send it to us.
6.We'll then process your application.

So I can only assume i've done my half and they have to do their half now right?
Reply 4
Good bloke
Yes.

oh thanks!! gosh I was scarred to death for the last few minutes! TO DEATH!
Nextmove
oh thanks!! gosh I was scarred to death for the last few minutes! TO DEATH!

Scarred? That is a horrible way to die: the death of a thousand cuts. Almost as bad as being scared to death. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Nextmove
I'm on a gap year and my tutor isn't replying to my email.

On the website it says

Applying through a school, college or other organisation
You won't have access to your reference. This will be completed on your behalf by your centre.

1.Check that each section of your application is correct and mark them all as complete.
2.Pay for your application (if applicable) and send it online to your referee.
3.Your referee will check and approve your application.
4.Your referee will write the reference.
5.Your centre will approve the reference and send it to us.
6.We'll then process your application.

So I can only assume i've done my half and they have to do their half now right?

I think so yes :yep: although really it would be safe to call UCAS up,
and if you can get in touch with your tutor or call them up as well just so that you know fo'sure =]
Reply 7
Good bloke
Scarred? That is a horrible way to die: the death of a thousand cuts. Almost as bad as being scared to death. :biggrin:

Ahhh this made me lol.
Thought you might want to know :cool:
Good bloke

:teehee:
Reply 9
pippit
I think so yes :yep: although really it would be safe to call UCAS up,
and if you can get in touch with your tutor or call them up as well just so that you know fo'sure =]

Oh no it's fine!

Silly me!

I just logged into UCAS and realised it says it right there "Your reference has not been started yet" They probably wouldn't let it get sent of without a reference anyway.
Reply 10
Nextmove
Oh no it's fine!

Silly me!

I just logged into UCAS and realised it says it right there "Your reference has not been started yet" They probably wouldn't let it get sent of without a reference anyway.

:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending