The Student Room Group

NOMS Prison Service Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by saladin
Specifically, is it just numerical reasoning or does it also contain data interpretation, numerical computation or numerical estimation questions ?

Just numerical :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by saladin
Specifically, is it just numerical reasoning or does it also contain data interpretation, numerical computation or numerical estimation questions ?

Sorry first time I replied didn't really read this properly (I thought you were asking numerical Vs verbal etc). I guess it includes most of those things under num reasoning (it has graphs etc).
Reply 62
Original post by rms2011
Sorry first time I replied didn't really read this properly (I thought you were asking numerical Vs verbal etc). I guess it includes most of those things under num reasoning (it has graphs etc).

Thanks! It's shocking how rusty one can get at maths over time. Hopefully the revision will pay off , good luck all!
How soon is it before you find out the results of the numerical test?
In ran out of time on the 16th question, don't think i did well. But good luck guys!!!
Reply 64
Original post by RachaelShapiro
How soon is it before you find out the results of the numerical test?
In ran out of time on the 16th question, don't think i did well. But good luck guys!!!

I got an email about 30 seconds after I sat the test- but I did do it in normal office hours. I found I was very pushed for time but still passed- so don't worry too much about it, the pass mark obviously isn't 100%!
Reply 65
The interviews starts at the end of January, does anyone have an idea when we find out if we've been successful? I need sufficient notice to get out of work if I am on the rota.
Reply 66
Original post by jhgtfc
The interviews starts at the end of January, does anyone have an idea when we find out if we've been successful? I need sufficient notice to get out of work if I am on the rota.

I found out about the online tests about 30 seconds after doing them- I think it's at least semi-automated. If you're through the online tests, then there's a part of the email that comes through saying you've passed the tests which says:

"We will not be able to confirm if you have been selected for the next recruitment stage until all applications have been received and considered. This will take place towards the end of the year. We hope to be in touch during the first week of January. "

i.e. I would imagine we'll hear in the first week of January about whether we're through to the JSAC.
Reply 67
I got my email today - confirming that I've been unsuccessful - so those of you with higher overall scores than me; GOOD LUCK!
Reply 68
Original post by jhgtfc
I got my email today - confirming that I've been unsuccessful - so those of you with higher overall scores than me; GOOD LUCK!

Sorry to hear that, hope you're successful in whatever else you decide to go for. I'm quite worried now as I didn't manage to finish the numeracy test...
Reply 69
JSAC invite :biggrin:. Just got the email! I saw it was from NOMS and having seen the penultimate post was sure it'd be a rejection, but it was an invite. So they are now coming through. Terrified, but so pleased.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys, i applied on the deadline day and have been invited to Assesment centre...i havent done any maths since i was 16 and after a bit of revision managed to pass the online tests but it does say that we may be required to sit another similar test! i hope not!!!
i am generally a shy person and so scared about the role plays!! anyone ever attended anythin like this before? :biggrin:
Reply 71
Yay, invite too! So pleased. Well done everyone :smile:
Reply 72
I'm invited too! Sooo happy :biggrin: found out just in time for Christmas. Although the timing of them is a bit of a nightmare, I have an exam on the Thursday and Friday! Well done everyone else!! Xx
I applied for this grad scheme and got my JSAC on 25th Jan. are we meant to wear just normal clothes or dress smart? I'm soooo nervous about it coz I'm usually so shy and quiet
Reply 74
Original post by missmorris-x
I applied for this grad scheme and got my JSAC on 25th Jan. are we meant to wear just normal clothes or dress smart? I'm soooo nervous about it coz I'm usually so shy and quiet

I suppose as they don't give any guidance on what to wear that there's no strict rule - personally, I won't go in a suit but I won't go in jeans either. Does anyone know if its just the driving license/passport that we have to take with us or if there's anything else?
Hi all, I applied with literally 10mins to go before they wouldn't accept applications! Managed to get through, do the online test, pass that and now get through to JSAC! :smile: Very excited, although not entirely sure what to wear, probs wear something reasonably practical, smart casual! I applied for the South-West, anyone else apply there? Nice to finally be able to speak to people about this, I don't know anyone else applying! :smile:
Reply 76
Hi all,
I have got a while til i would need to apply to grad programmes etc. but good luck to you all this year!

Sorry editing as i answered my own question! Would love to hear about all your experiences with further stages etc. I think i would be really interested in applying for this in the future.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by missmorris-x

Hi, I have my JSAC on 26th January. Wear something smart and professional! Like you would for any other interview for a job. I know i deffinatly am, they are not gonna mark you down for being over dressed but they may mark you down for being underdressed
Reply 78
Original post by victoria247
Hi all, I applied with literally 10mins to go before they wouldn't accept applications! Managed to get through, do the online test, pass that and now get through to JSAC! :smile: Very excited, although not entirely sure what to wear, probs wear something reasonably practical, smart casual! I applied for the South-West, anyone else apply there? Nice to finally be able to speak to people about this, I don't know anyone else applying! :smile:

Hi, I applied for North West and then emailed them to request they also consider Midlands for me too. They emailed me back saying although you have put a preference applicants should be flexible and may be placed at any prison in the country
Reply 79
Original post by emreyn432
Hi, I have my JSAC on 26th January. Wear something smart and professional! Like you would for any other interview for a job. I know i deffinatly am, they are not gonna mark you down for being over dressed but they may mark you down for being underdressed

How did today go? What kind of things did you have to do? I also agree, I would definitely always go for a smarter option!

Quick Reply

Latest