The Student Room Group

Edinburgh College of Art 2012 Applicants

Hey,
I've applied for Fashion at ECA, I have had my portfolio review and am now waiting for a response. Has anyone heard back yet or know when we should hear back? My Head teacher said that the UCAS deadline for responses was the 31st of March but I have no idea if that applies to Art Schools ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there :smile:
I've gotten offers for sculpture and art, but i'm an international student so the whole timing thing might be a tad bit different for us.
Reply 2
Original post by jonnyjwalker
Hey,
I've applied for Fashion at ECA, I have had my portfolio review and am now waiting for a response. Has anyone heard back yet or know when we should hear back? My Head teacher said that the UCAS deadline for responses was the 31st of March but I have no idea if that applies to Art Schools ???

the ucas thing is actually like may, or atleast for art schools it is bc for some of them the application deadline is march 31st, and you could be in for a wait bc gsa told me the end of march at the earliest, scottish schools are notoriously slow and there is a lady on here whose son didn't get his offer from eca until the end of May.
Original post by rayray12310
the ucas thing is actually like may, or atleast for art schools it is bc for some of them the application deadline is march 31st, and you could be in for a wait bc gsa told me the end of march at the earliest, scottish schools are notoriously slow and there is a lady on here whose son didn't get his offer from eca until the end of May.

That's me. The offer came on May 8th, which was the last day for offers 2 years ago. The March 31st 'deadline' is only a guideline, and the actual date for offers this year is May 10th, after which UCAS will make any outstanding applications unsuccessful. You may be waiting quite a while, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a 6th form tutor, as well as a parent, and I promise you, it's like this every year. It's frustrating but not in any way out of the ordinary to be waiting at this time. My son says they were doing interviews last week and it's probably still going on for a bit, as he's not got any tutor time this week, presumably because they're busy doing other things. Keep your spirits up, all of you. It's not over until they tell you it is.
Original post by Ailieo15
Thanks for all the information ^^! It seems quite unfair that unis can give offers on the last day possible, but I guess there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Any sense of unfairness disappears when you get it!
Reply 5
A lot of GSA applicants heard back today so i'm hoping that Edinburgh will let us know soon !!!
Reply 6
Congrats! What offers did you get?

I heard the same about the 31st being the deadline, at the interview the guy said thats when they had to sent their decisions by! So nerve racking! It's just annoying because UCAS take ages to actually put stuff up, they could have the results now but they just aren't on our track pages yet. Good luck to you.

Unconditional for sculpture and conditional for fine art! What did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 7
I applied for the MA and BA in fine art! I just accepted the offer I got for the MA.. so scary!

Was just wondering, does anyone know anything about the accomodation? Is there separate halls/flats for the art school than the uni of edinburgh?

ahh nice, I got an MA offer too :smile: Not that eca is joined with the university you can apply to have accommodation within the university halls, but I think there still may be some residential halls that are purely for the art college
I haven't got any feedback yet and I am pissed off. Anyone who applied for photography got back from ECA?
Reply 9
Hey :smile:

I got an offer last night from ECA - year 2 entry for performance costume. So hopefully you'll hear back soon, but I expect it'll be different for each course.

I'm an English student.... Who is so confused as what to do next! Does anyone know anybody who might also be doing this course? Or give me some background on ECA, about the number of applicants and places they give out?
Would be much appreciated :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Still waiting attended the applicants day for film and Tv 2 months ago now, starting to worry as its my first choice, got a couple of offers from other unis though
Reply 11
I've been checking these forums for a while, and haven't heard anyone mention Illustration at Edinburgh -
I got an offer for 2nd year entry on Monday night & I just firmed it! (I'm so relieved!)
(oh, and my applicant day was on the 16th March)
Is anyone else studying illustration next year?
:h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by so-ph
I've been checking these forums for a while, and haven't heard anyone mention Illustration at Edinburgh -
I got an offer for 2nd year entry on Monday night & I just firmed it! (I'm so relieved!)
(oh, and my applicant day was on the 16th March)
Is anyone else studying illustration next year?
:h:

My friend is and also got an offer for ECA, I just don't know if she's decided where she's going yet! :| She's deciding between that and Kingston.
Reply 13
Original post by millas2103
My friend is and also got an offer for ECA, I just don't know if she's decided where she's going yet! :| She's deciding between that and Kingston.

Ah, that's a tough choice! (though I'd definitely say she should choose Edinburgh!) :grin:
Have you applied to ECA too?

For people that have picked Edinburgh as their firm -
Have you been asked to send past exam certificates for verification?
And when are people applying for accomodation?
(I'm starting to look - there are so many options! Feel like I need to get a move on now :s)
Reply 14
Original post by so-ph
Ah, that's a tough choice! (though I'd definitely say she should choose Edinburgh!) :grin:

(I'm starting to look - there are so many options! Feel like I need to get a move on now :s)

Yeah got an offer for performance costume :smile: just haven't hit the firm button yet! I need to look at accommodation :frown:

And I think she should choose edinburgh too :wink:
Anyone else going to 1st year fashion here?
Reply 16
I firmed ECA for Photography last weekend after flying up to look about. Booked myself a room in iQ halls too :wink:
Original post by millas2103
Yeah got an offer for performance costume :smile: just haven't hit the firm button yet! I need to look at accommodation :frown:

And I think she should choose edinburgh too :wink:

I got an offer to study performance costume too :smile: but i've no idea what to do about accommodation :/
Reply 18
Original post by Capricorn24
I got an offer to study performance costume too :smile: but i've no idea what to do about accommodation :/

May I ask whether you got accepted for first or second year entry? Also, when did you receive your offer? I've been waiting for ages, but received a message yesterday saying that I'm placed on hold.
Reply 19
Original post by so-ph

I was asked to 'send qualifications', not specifically which ones.
I sent my graphics, photo and physics A levels and that's it.. I don't even know where my GCSE/AS certificates are! (woops)

I got a confirmation letter from the uni though after a week, so I assume that's all they wanted.

Accommodation wise, I applied to 3 halls that were recommended to me by a current student, not too fussed.

Quick Reply

Latest