The Student Room Group

What's the name of this course? Is there even a name for it?

There's this course at uni, which i know alot of them offer; it's the 1st year in england, 2nd year abroad and 3rd year back in england.

has this course got a name? or have i just made up the fact that it has a name.
specifically i'd like to do my year abroad in north america, and not too sure but i think i want to do it in something english-y.

and also, how would i go about finding universities that offer this for my subject?
thanks y'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall :-----)
A sandwich course I think it's called.
Reply 2
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
A sandwich course I think it's called.

Sandwich has a year in industry.

OP: generally your course doesn't exist. You can do a 4 year course with a year abroad, but you'll struggle to find a 3 year version.
Some courses and Universities allow you to take one year out of the three abroad but it's an optional thing and you have to apply for it when you get there (and aren't guaranteed to be able to do it) as a separate thing, you don't apply for it in the first place.

York allows you take your second year abroad, they certainly do for History, not 100% sure about English but it's likely and they do send people to America.
They're just normal courses with 'study abroad' options. You have to look on each uni's website or prospectus and see if studying abroad is available for you in your course.
Reply 5
They are just study abroad programmes. At Lancaster and (I am pretty sure) York study abroad for non-language subjects like history and geography, are 3 years. I don't know how it works for other universities but I presume for a lot of them it is simmilar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending