The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
I am awaiting edge hill for a decision, had interview last week. I am hoping no news is good news :/
Conditional offer from Cardiff for BBB! I'm over the moon but I told them I'm predicted BBC so I'm not sure what to do really, I know I'm capable of getting a C in Biology and I'm worried if I do firm them, on results day if I get a C they'll reject me even if I get two Bs. Does anyone have any advice?

Original post by TigerRose93
Conditional offer from Cardiff for BBB! I'm over the moon but I told them I'm predicted BBC so I'm not sure what to do really, I know I'm capable of getting a C in Biology and I'm worried if I do firm them, on results day if I get a C they'll reject me even if I get two Bs. Does anyone have any advice?

My friend got a*, a, c in her results last August for Adult nursing, Cardiff was her firm choice and she got rejected on results day because of her C, But she is studying at Kings College London as it was her firm and she loves it x
So far Unsuccessful at Coventry, Cardiff and Swansea but Unconditional Offer at Birmingam City University for Children's Nursing, been waiting to hear from Edge Hill for 3 MONTHS!!! :O ARGHH! I feel lucky to have one offer though, especially for childrens nursing as each university has limited spaces, i heard beack 4 days after my interview at BCU with my unconditional offer so I feel quite proud of that, it is my first choice uni too I loved it there, will be starting next April! Just waiting to hear from Edge hill just incase so i can put an insurance choice! Good luck with the offers everyone, anyone else for BCU APRIL 2013? x
Original post by J16Jessica
So far Unsuccessful at Coventry, Cardiff and Swansea but Unconditional Offer at Birmingam City University for Children's Nursing, been waiting to hear from Edge Hill for 3 MONTHS!!! :O ARGHH! I feel lucky to have one offer though, especially for childrens nursing as each university has limited spaces, i heard beack 4 days after my interview at BCU with my unconditional offer so I feel quite proud of that, it is my first choice uni too I loved it there, will be starting next April! Just waiting to hear from Edge hill just incase so i can put an insurance choice! Good luck with the offers everyone, anyone else for BCU APRIL 2013? x

Hey, just to let you know if you have an unconditional offer and you choose to put this as your firm then you can't have an insurance place as there is no need for it.:smile:

My friend got a*, a, c in her results last August for Adult nursing, Cardiff was her firm choice and she got rejected on results day because of her C, But she is studying at Kings College London as it was her firm and she loves it x

Okay, was she predicted a B where she got the C?
Reply 446
Is there anyone who still hasn't heard from cardiff?
Reply 447
Original post by Jo22_p

Hi, i'm still waiting, had interview on 22nd feb for Adult. Got conditional for Glam to start sept tho :smile:

When did you interview?
Reply 448
Original post by Jo22_p

I'm still waiting
Reply 449
Original post by lizajxxx
Hi, i'm still waiting, had interview on 22nd feb for Adu lt. Got conditional for Glam to start sept tho :smile:

When did you interview?
x

I had my interview in november so been waiting a long time now :frown: well done on ur offer from glam :smile:
Reply 450
Hi,
I've been offered a place for adult nursing at Southampton and Surrey, I dont know which one to choose. Does anyone know any pros and cons of either? They are both local to me so that is't an issue.
Original post by Kbooth82
Hi,
I've been offered a place for adult nursing at Southampton and Surrey, I dont know which one to choose. Does anyone know any pros and cons of either? They are both local to me so that is't an issue.

hi there :smile:
i think its best to go to an open day so that you can get a real feel of the universities and maybe even what the courses are going to be like
Reply 452
Hiya kbooth, totally a nosy question but were you on another forum last year? I think I recognise the name as you were on my friends list. Any way I have been unsuccessful again for midwifery and decided to apply to soton for nursing through extra. I have just been offered a place. Personally I would say southampton. What vibes did you get of the unis at the selection days?
X
Reply 453
Original post by flutterby23
Have you had an interview?

No not yet, havent even had an invite to interview!
Original post by TigerRose93
Okay, was she predicted a B where she got the C?

She was predicted a B yes xxx
Original post by tinkerbell2387
Hey, just to let you know if you have an unconditional offer and you choose to put this as your firm then you can't have an insurance place as there is no need for it.:smile:

Oh wow really, i never knew that, guess I'm off to Birmingham then :smile: x
She was predicted a B yes xxx

Okay, thank you for your help! :smile: I think I'm gonna email admissions after Easter.
Original post by becca127
No not yet, havent even had an invite to interview!

Any news yet? Or have you contacted them x
Reply 458
How and when do we pay for the CRB check. Anyone know, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 459
Original post by Ladybird
Hi everyone

I have applied for Sep 12 for Adult Nursing at LJMU, Edge Hill, Uni of Liverpool, Northumbria and Chester.

Got 4/5 invite to interviews so far; Uni of Liverpool next week (!!) LJMU on 21st March, Edge Hill on 28th March and have had invitation from Northumbria for 15th March but I have to ask for a different date as I'm away that week.

I emailed Chester today as I still hadn't heard from them and they said they're still processing applications received in November (sent mine late Dec) so not to worry and they will be in touch soon.

Edge Hill is my 1st choice but i will be pleased to get into any of them at the moment as I know places are really tight.

Does anyone have any tips about the Liverpool selection day? And also what types of questions were people asked in their interviews?

Good Luck to everyone that is applying xx

Have you heard from Chester yet? I applied late Dec and still not heard from them at all. Getting worried now as they were my first choice and not long left until the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending