BMusic :smile:
Reply 1304
Original post by TheBambiHeart
Got QM today too! :biggrin:
What are people studying that are staying there? :smile:

Studying Psychology too! :biggrin:
Got QM! Studying history :smile:
Reply 1306
Just to add my voice to the others, I got QM too! Haven't accepted yet because have to wait till payday to pay the deposit. I'm guessing I'll find out the specific block/room when I accept it.
Reply 1307
Original post by Jamin
Just to add my voice to the others, I got QM too! Haven't accepted yet because have to wait till payday to pay the deposit. I'm guessing I'll find out the specific block/room when I accept it.

When is the deadline for paying the deposit? Or is it different for everyone? :smile:
Do you all have unconditional offers? :smile: I have applied for accommodation a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. But I am holding a conditional offer, do it probably means I have to wait until the end of my exams.. right? :biggrin:
Reply 1309
Original post by Annie-Bananie
Do you all have unconditional offers? :smile: I have applied for accommodation a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. But I am holding a conditional offer, do it probably means I have to wait until the end of my exams.. right? :biggrin:

Yes I got an unconditional. Yes I guess they want to wait and see how your exams go. :smile:
Reply 1310
Original post by egliuxe
When is the deadline for paying the deposit? Or is it different for everyone? :smile:

At least in my offer it said that the deadline is April 27th, but I don't know if that's the same for everyone. Probably depends on when you get your offer. :smile:
Reply 1311
Original post by egliuxe

Well mine is the 27th but I'll firm it on the 20th.
Reply 1312
Wow, it's pretty soon because I'll know my exams results only in June. But I guess, I won't get an accommodation offer till then too.

But still, thank you for your answers :smile:
Original post by Jamin

I just accepted mine! No sign of anything to do with blocks or rooms though :frown: I'd really quite like to know haha! Even though I know it makes no difference.
Reply 1314
This might be a little off topic, but does anyone else wants to move in Glasgow this summer? Or maybe is even looking for a roommate?:smile: I'm in Poland at the moment, but it's time to search myself a place to live, any advice?:smile:
Applied for my accommodation last night :biggrin:

1. Wolfson single
2. Wolfson single- ensuite
3. Murano 5 person
4. muran 10-12 person
5. QM
6. Cairncross

Wolfson is first as its so close to the vet school :smile: The fees are harsh so its a cardboard box for the remaining 4 years :biggrin:
Original post by Emelynaki
hey congratz!! :smile:
and by the way was your offer from Glasgow conditional or unconditional?

Thanks, and unconditional :smile:
Reply 1317
Original post by TheBambiHeart
I just accepted mine! No sign of anything to do with blocks or rooms though :frown: I'd really quite like to know haha! Even though I know it makes no difference.

Yeah it doesn't really matter lol, it would be nice to know just on the chance that your future flatmates are kicking around here!
Original post by la-penseur
I'm so glad it was my dad and not me driving, he was so close to smashing his phone because the gps kept telling us to go the wrong way :L and cause knowing me I'll end up just relying on her instead of going out of my way to make friends :P but it's also sorta good in a way, makes things less scary :smile:

oh dear :s-smilie: i was lucky to have my cousin to take me who's from there otherwise i would have had a lot of trouble too, i don't think it would have looked too good to turn up late for my interview! that's true but are you doing the same subject or staying in the same halls? yeah it would be a lot less daunting not to go on your own i wish somebody was coming with me too haha :smile:.. are your parents going to take you over?
I'm an international postgrad, and I'm wondering which residence I should stay in. Right now I'm trying to choose between Winton, and Maclay or Kelvinhaugh Gate. Obviously Maclay is more expensive, but the rooms seem nicer. I am wondering, though, about the neighbourhood differences between Kelvinside and Kelvinhaugh. Would one option be more convenient than the other? Are there any downsides?

Does anyone have any insight they could offer?

Quick Reply