The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
yeah. help here. is there anyone doing ee on business management? why does ib prefer less bm ee??? i was thinking of bm ee but... don't know where n how to start. any topic who'd like to share?
Did mine in English, wrote something about gender imbalance and social norms based on "Jane Eyre". LOVED IT. EE was (and still is) my fav thing about IB. Once you find a topic that interests you , you'll definitely enjoy it :biggrin:
I did mine in English, handed it in about a month ago, the title was "The nature and significance of time in Christine Evans' 'Trojan Barbie'" (which is a piece of modern drama by the way). Getting it under 4000 words was a nightmare! Pretty glad it's over now, I enjoyed it but it was seriously time consuming :smile:
Reply 2103
I did mine in English and sent it in a while ago. Mine was something like the 'paradoxical situation of being an educated and oppressed woman in the society of Gilead in Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale"'. I had no problems getting it up to 4000 words (cuz i suck at english)
Reply 2104
People i have a very important question is there anything wrong if one researches a question provided in the IB guide?
Reply 2105
Original post by giobru
People i have a very important question is there anything wrong if one researches a question provided in the IB guide?

I wouldn't advise it... You mean like doing one of the examples they provided? I think there is a criterion on the originality of the topic you chose...
Reply 2106
Yeah if i use a topic from the ib guide the worst that can happen is penalising for orginality right? I mean would this topic be ok?
How many square numbers are also trianguloar numbers, how do we find them and how didi this lead to pell's equation.
Original post by Julio Jones
I have ordered my extended essays to best essay writing services. They are providing the good quality of essays at a low price. I may get my extented essays within 2-3 days.

Yeah, they'll be in Thai.
Reply 2108
I need help picking a topic, or at least a general idea. I want write mine in Biology, but I'm not sure what to do because they all require some sort of raw data collection. Perhaps something with plants or bio/normal detergent. Help?
Reply 2109
Hey, I am doing my EE on history, and my topic is how the different levels of military technology affected the rise of the Roman Empire and the fall of the Greek and Egyptian ones. I think it is quite interesting because it allows me to study the cultures I really admire
Reply 2110
Hey guys!!

Mature student here really panicking over this extended essay!!!! I've done mine on a criminology subject of Retribution vs Rehabilitation but i'm not sure if i have done it right. It's completed now, just referencing to do over this weekend and being given in on Monday.

Would somebody be willing to help my nerves a little and possibly send me a copy of their extended essay for comparison (in terms of structure, literature review etc) please?? Just really worried that i have done it wrong and i want to put my mind to rest!

Thanks

REME10
Original post by giobru
Yeah if i use a topic from the ib guide the worst that can happen is penalising for orginality right? I mean would this topic be ok?
How many square numbers are also trianguloar numbers, how do we find them and how didi this lead to pell's equation.

Not a good idea - we had the same question for our maths investigation which can be written in just a 1000 words with rather simple mathematics, and we only had 10 days time... you would lose marks in originality as well as everything else, cuz its just too easy for an EE. Some good examples: Some guy got an A for this: How to improve the traffic problem around his school, i think he used discrete maths or something not sure...but yeah you get the idea, the pell equation thing is way too straightfoward
Reply 2112
aviklotr13 thanks for answering!
However, why is this questiont to simple?
Firstly i derived pell equation and now im trying to solve it. Then i will extend the investigation with continued fractions. Will that be ok?

To other users, will an EE on pells equation, where i derive it from square triangular numebrs and then solving it will be ok?
Reply 2113
Original post by aviklotr13
Not a good idea - we had the same question for our maths investigation which can be written in just a 1000 words with rather simple mathematics, and we only had 10 days time... you would lose marks in originality as well as everything else, cuz its just too easy for an EE. Some good examples: Some guy got an A for this: How to improve the traffic problem around his school, i think he used discrete maths or something not sure...but yeah you get the idea, the pell equation thing is way too straightfoward

aviklotr13 thanks for answering!
However, why is this questiont to simple?
Firstly i derived pell equation and now im trying to solve it. Then i will extend the investigation with continued fractions. Will that be ok?

To other users, will an EE on pells equation, where i derive it from square triangular numebrs and then solving it will be ok?
"The Reformation and its effect on the music of Johann Sebastian Bach"

Music, got full marks for it!
Reply 2115
To what extent is the Auto - Rickshaw industry in [XXX] operating under perfectly competitive conditions.
Wait for it.... "To what extent were John Locke and Charles de Montesquieu the main ideological influences on the American Declaration of Independence?" Yeah. I know.
Reply 2117
"To what extent was George Washington America's first president" :cool:
"What were the differences between geishas and oiran in 18th century Japan"?
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this site but I gotta write out a proposal for my extended essay before I even start the actual EE. So I kinda have a topic but I'm not sure if it's good...so if I could get any feedback I'd really appreciate it! :smile:
My topic currently is "How did American containment of communism affect Cuban relations"
I wanna know if it's too broad, too specific to the point where researching is gonna be too hard, or if it's unoriginal. Thanks for any feedback guys and gals