The Student Room Group

What's the difference between a daytime tshirt and pyjama tops?

I just got this really cute Minnie Mouse shirt which my siblings insist is a pyjama top, but I didn't get it from the nightwear section! Now i dunno the difference between regular tshirts and pyjamas tops and i really don't want to look like I'm following the wearing-pyjamas-everywhere trend. It'd be good to know what the difference is, coz i once wore a pyjamas top on a trip and it was a bit embarrassing :redface: I'd like to prevent that from happening again.
Reply 1
material mainly.
Post a picture of it, it's easier to decide if it is or isn't that way.

Generally night shirts are less hardy because they're not really designed for outdoors use.
If it wasn't a nightwear top placed in the wrong section and doesn't have anything like 'Nightwear''Secret Posessions' then you're right.

In general, pyjama tops tend to be looser and not fitted and have a lot less chance of having elastic, viscose or any synthetic material listed than regular clothes. Of course you CAN get fitted pyjamas though. The ones Primark have look downright uncomfortable sometimes.
Reply 4
I just googled Minnie mouse geek chic(that's what is on the tshirt) and my exact shirt came up on some eBay shop called sleepy sheep, I think that settles it then. I just bought another pyjamas top as a tshirt :rolleyes:

This is the shirt btw http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Womens-Ladies-Girls-Disney-T-Shirt-Minnie-Mouse-Geek-Chic-Sizes-6-20-Official-/230758789375?pt=UK_Women_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item7b694cb200
Original post by damilola
I just googled Minnie mouse geek chic(that's what is on the tshirt) and my exact shirt came up on some eBay shop called sleepy sheep, I think that settles it then. I just bought another pyjamas top as a tshirt :rolleyes:

This is the shirt btw http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Womens-Ladies-Girls-Disney-T-Shirt-Minnie-Mouse-Geek-Chic-Sizes-6-20-Official-/230758789375?pt=UK_Women_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item7b694cb200

To be fair, I wouldn't have automatically said it was a night top. :colondollar:
Original post by Ham22
The weft is tighter than the weave in night clothing.

That ebay shop sells 'womens clothing' and 'sleepwear', so it's not really clear weather it's a night shirt or not from where i'm sitting.

Plus they do list some things as sleepwear but didn't put this top in that category.
Reply 7
Original post by Ham22
The weft is tighter than the weave in night clothing.

That ebay shop sells 'womens clothing' and 'sleepwear', so it's not really clear weather it's a night shirt or not from where i'm sitting.

what's a weft?
Reply 8
I was expecting a joke...
Reply 9
Original post by TheSownRose
Plus they do list some things as sleepwear but didn't put this top in that category.

Argh, I'm going to wear the tshirt anyways pyjama top or not, I like it and at least I'm not the only one who thinks it is a shirt. I just don't want to make the mistake of wearing an obvious pyjama top out again.
Reply 10
Original post by Repressor
I was expecting a joke...

sorry to disappoint (not really) :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by damilola
what's a weft?

HCAXC11.GIF

I should have said 'weft and warp' rather than 'weft and weave'.
Anyway, only those that have the top and bought it themselves will know that it's a pyjama top. Just be careful of the level of see-through-ness.

EDIT: It's not even listed as a pyjama top. I think you're over reacting...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Repressor
Anyway, only those that have the top and bought it themselves will know that it's a pyjama top. Just be careful of the level of see-through-ness.

EDIT: It's not even listed as a pyjama top. I think you're over reacting...

I didn't buy it from eBay though and I wasn't bothered until my siblings said it was nightwear. it's not see through at all, I should be fine, guess I should have checked what it was listed under, I just saw sleepy sheep and jumped to a conclusion.
it says its atmosphere so did you get it form primark? i think primark nightwear says secret possessions or something on the label so should be alright:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by lauraaaa.xo
it says its atmosphere so did you get it form primark? i think primark nightwear says secret possessions or something on the label so should be alright:smile:

yh I did, I didn't know primark nightwear says secret possessions on it. I'll check the label tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's not pyjamas now :smile: I hope
Reply 16
The boundaries between my night and daywear is getting pretty blurry now. :colone: To be fair, I'm a lazy turd who rarely goes anywhere worth dressing up for, so really, it doesn't matter.
Some tops are blatantly pyjamas, but you could get away with that for daytime wear :h:
Reply 18
It just looks like a normal top to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending