The Student Room Group

How to remove the music from a song but keep the vocals intact?

Probably the wrong place to post this, but it would be nice if there was something that could do this as I would like to play a song on guitar to the artist's voice.
Reply 1
Short of taking it to an audio engineer, assuming it was recorded professionally so he could back out each instrument, I can't see a way to do this easily. You are better off re-recording w/o the music. There is software out there (some free, some not) that you can use to do this, but it is an extremely tedious project, and takes a ridiculus ammount of time and effort to make it sound clean. The best example for doing this I could find, without stressing about it being perfect, is here. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBYh7mCdjM&feature=related
Reply 2
Wht about the opposite? Keep backing track remove lyrics because I want to make a mashup of two songs and so will need a backing track. Also, what software would you recommend to create mashups of multiple songs?
Reply 3
Original post by Fusionary
Short of taking it to an audio engineer, assuming it was recorded professionally so he could back out each instrument, I can't see a way to do this easily. You are better off re-recording w/o the music. There is software out there (some free, some not) that you can use to do this, but it is an extremely tedious project, and takes a ridiculus ammount of time and effort to make it sound clean. The best example for doing this I could find, without stressing about it being perfect, is here. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBYh7mCdjM&feature=related

Thanks! I'll check it out. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by non
Wht about the opposite? Keep backing track remove lyrics because I want to make a mashup of two songs and so will need a backing track. Also, what software would you recommend to create mashups of multiple songs?

Might wanna try Traktor 2.0 or FL Studio. Pretty cool softwares.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ammarnkhan
Might wanna try Traktor 2.0 or FL Studio. Pretty cool softwares.

Thanks are they for creating mash ups of songs or removing the lyrics and thanks for the info!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by non
Thanks are they for creating mash ups of songs or removing the lyrics and thanks for the info!

Tracktor is generally used for DJing, so you'll be able to make a mashup on it. FL Studio is for music production. But you can make a mashup on it too.
Reply 7
Sound Forge software, then vocal remover option. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by eterna
Thanks! I'll check it out. :biggrin:

First, just know that it is pretty difficult to do what you'd like without having professional help either from a program or person but try Audacity, which is free, to get some semblance of what you're after. There is a guide you can follow. Otherwise, you can try your luck to see if the vocals have already been isolated from the backing track on youtube.

Original post by non

What you're asking to do is a lot more difficult in my experience and you will probably need something like Protools or Logic with the full master track to seperate instruments out (unless someone else has posted a hack on here).

Hope that helps.
Reply 9
Ableton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending