The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Second offer tonight! Bangor, 320 points :biggrin:

I have a feeling that the responses are all going to come in quite quickly now. My last two unis are Plymouth and Southampton and a friend received offers for both universities within about two weeks of sending her app :smile:
Reply 841
Anyone here applied for biomedical/biological science at Edinburgh Napier? I got my acknowledgement on Nov 8th, and their website says they aim to give people a decision within 2 weeks of receipt of your application, and I'm getting a bit worried, it's like my first choice! :s-smilie: does anyone know if their admissions office is decentralised to the faculties or just in a single office for the uni?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 842
got my first offer from UEA! For some reason they are asking for IELTS even though my gcse mark complies with what they want (only UCL want IELTS), what is the suggested course of action?
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Yes, it's out of order. My pastoral leader had mine for a month and I was so fed up that my mum wrote her a very angry email since my pleas seemed to be falling on deaf ears! It was sent two days after that. :smile:

A month!? Grr, they just take the pee sometimes.

Luckily i've just checked my email and I have an email from UCAS saying its finally been sent off to them! Now time for the exciting part :colone:
Original post by Mocking_bird
A month!? Grr, they just take the pee sometimes.

Luckily i've just checked my email and I have an email from UCAS saying its finally been sent off to them! Now time for the exciting part :colone:

Yes, exciting is definitely the word for it!:yep:

But also reeeeally nerve-wracking when you get that email to say that Track has updated :tongue:
Massive congrats everyone! :smile:

I've just had a conditional (ABB) from Liverpool!

I've got the same offer as you :smile: A in Biology, B in Maths & Further Maths
Original post by echelonprincess
I've got the same offer as you :smile: A in Biology, B in Maths & Further Maths

For marine bio? Or another biological science? :smile:

Just checked my offer again because I didn't remember it having subject specific grades (unlike yours). Turns out, I only have to get a grade A or B in biology. The course page on their website says I need to have one other science subject, so that's weird. It might be because I have completed, but not cashed in, my geography A-Level.

My other subjects this year are maths and fm also! :biggrin:

Not that it gives me much of an advantage, but I feel lucky that I'll finish year 13 with four full A-Levels without having to sit all the A2 exams in the second year (less stress!). Oh and I also have an AS in a mickey mouse subject that my school forced me to do in year 11. It really is an embarrassing one :redface:
For marine bio? Or another biological science? :smile:

Just checked my offer again because I didn't remember it having subject specific grades (unlike yours). Turns out, I only have to get a grade A or B in biology. The course page on their website says I need to have one other science subject, so that's weird. It might be because I have completed, but not cashed in, my geography A-Level.

My other subjects this year are maths and fm also! :biggrin:

Not that it gives me much of an advantage, but I feel lucky that I'll finish year 13 with four full A-Levels without having to sit all the A2 exams in the second year (less stress!). Oh and I also have an AS in a mickey mouse subject that my school forced me to do in year 11. It really is an embarrassing one :redface:

No i'm just doing biological sciences. haha cool, my friend would loved to have studied that! she loves anything disney!
I'm doing 4 subjects atm but the other one is a BTEC subsidary diploma in IT, so not all Uni's are including it in my offers. But luckily, it's all coursework (with the only deadline being the end of A2) so no exams and no stress. :biggrin:
Original post by echelonprincess
No i'm just doing biological sciences. haha cool, my friend would loved to have studied that! she loves anything disney!
I'm doing 4 subjects atm but the other one is a BTEC subsidary diploma in IT, so not all Uni's are including it in my offers. But luckily, it's all coursework (with the only deadline being the end of A2) so no exams and no stress. :biggrin:

Ah the BTEC sounds alright then, what with no exams!! And lol, I wish it really had been about mickey mouse, it was actually Science in Society (so cringeworthy; it was a load of rubbish!) :colondollar:
Ah the BTEC sounds alright then, what with no exams!! And lol, I wish it really had been about mickey mouse, it was actually Science in Society (so cringeworthy; it was a load of rubbish!) :colondollar:

haha, yeah but how cool would it be to study AS Mickey Mouse.... XD
Applying for Biology too. Is anyone here not too keen on getting further study after udergrad?
Reply 851
Original post by freakedout
Applying for Biology too. Is anyone here not too keen on getting further study after udergrad?

Well i am but its far too soon to truly know, how bout you?
Offer from Imperial for Biotech with Management!!
Anyone else?
Original post by stavyros
Well i am but its far too soon to truly know, how bout you?

Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-
Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantitative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-

That's the best bit! :biggrin:
Does anyone know what would be a typical IB offer for Imperila Biochemistry?
Original post by Blob2491
That's the best bit! :biggrin:

Not to someone whose talked to a friend working as a financial analyst and actually liked the job :frown: my ambitions and the subject I like dont mix :s-smilie: fml
Reply 857
Same I dont know yet if I will want to do a masters after undergrad... yet. The whole biology is not quantative at all thing scares me. I like Math. I want to do atleast some modules in it -_-

things change, before my a levels i wasnt really keen on biology and in my first year of gcses i hated it. However as my alevels went on i got really into it by reading dawkins etc and so on.
its a matter of maturing, my bio teacher only got really into bio at university (even though he went to cambridge) at school all he wanted to do was play football. He then went on to have a very successful research career at kings and UCL.So what im saying is that some people mature before others. Its quite unfair to have to pick what we want to do for the rest of our lives some are ready some are not. Go for bio and if you want change you always can.
Reply 858

oh and you can always beg to take other modules and they will probably let you .
just discovered this thread, hope you all are applying soon or getting offers! :smile:
got offers in Exeter and Bristol, still waiting for three more!
good luck everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending