The Student Room Group

Aqa business studies unit 4!!

i know we need to know case studies for the culture half of the exam

but what are people doing for the other half?
from what i understand, im finding my own case studies to support each point in the specification.. is that right??

please let me know, and tell me what youre doing to get through this exam because im finding it tough!!

thankss!:smile:
Reply 1
What i understand from my teachers, is that you should pick 2-3 businesses which you could talk about anything in the spec for unit 4!

But be careful not to learn to much about the companies!
Reply 2
I'm still confused about the other half of the course, what should I be revising for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You are essentially given 3 questions each on a different topic. (Jun2011 for example had one on Leadership, one on corporate strategy and another on globalisation). Leadership is very common so would be good to get a grasp on (Particularly when it comes to businesses like Barclays, Google, Apple and Amazon)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by caraak
i know we need to know case studies for the culture half of the exam

but what are people doing for the other half?
from what i understand, im finding my own case studies to support each point in the specification.. is that right??

please let me know, and tell me what youre doing to get through this exam because im finding it tough!!

thankss!:smile:

what case studies
Reply 5
Original post by CharlieTT
You are essentially given 3 questions each on a different topic. (Jun2011 for example had one on Leadership, one on corporate strategy and another on globalisation). Leadership is very common so would be good to get a grasp on (Particularly when it comes to businesses like Barclays, Google, Apple and Amazon)

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome thankyouu!
Reply 6
Original post by electro14
what case studies

you know our pre-released topic this year is culture, we have to know case studies of real businesses to support any of those 6 bullet points we could be asked. Now in the AQA textbook, the whole Unit 4 chapter covers things like the technological environment, social, the economy etc. we could be asked another 40 mark question about any of those topics, and need to know case studies to support our answers
Reply 7
Original post by Tboney
I'm still confused about the other half of the course, what should I be revising for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

heres the specification- http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2130-W-SP.PDF

we need to know all of unit 4, page 17 onwards
Reply 8
Original post by jackykkkan
What i understand from my teachers, is that you should pick 2-3 businesses which you could talk about anything in the spec for unit 4!

But be careful not to learn to much about the companies!

thats what im doing cool, just needed to know i was on the right track! thankyouu
Reply 9
Could anyone please suggest 3 good examples that are applicable for the exam that are suitable for the majority of the themes we have to learn about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Tboney
Could anyone please suggest 3 good examples that are applicable for the exam that are suitable for the majority of the themes we have to learn about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google - Leadership, Relationship with Technological Environment, Relationship with Political/Legal Environment, Culture.

Sony - Planning for Change, Culture, Making Strategic Decisions, Relationship with Competitive Environment, Relationship with Technological Environment, Relationship with Social Environment.

Apple - Causes of change, Planning for Change, Culture, Leadership, Making Strategic Decisions, Managing Change, Relationship with Technological Environment, Relationship with Legal environment, Relationship with Competitive Environment.

Amazon - Leadership, Culture, Relationship with Competitive environment, Relationship with Technological Environment.

Barclays - Relationship with Political and Legal Environment, Relationship with Social Environment, Relationship with Economic Environment, Causes of Change, Planning for Change, Leadership, Culture, Making Strategic Decisions, Implementing Change.

Tesco - Relationship with Economic Environment, Relationship with Political and Legal Environment, Relationship with Social Environment, Causes of Change, Planning for Change, Leadership, Culture, Making Strategic Decisions, Implementing and Managing Change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
You are the man

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the topics that can come up in the Section B part of the exam? My teacher hasn't even told us everything that can come up, let alone go over it.. Can someone please give me a list of all of the topics that may come up?

For Example Leadership, CSR etc what are the other ones?
Reply 13
Can Someone explain the UMS marks please? Its max raw mark of 80 but max 100 UMS, I think I need 54 UMS marks to get a B but not sure if its 54 raw marks now!
So Confused!!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending