The Student Room Group

ucas pay/send

can someone explain how this works if you are applying through a school please? how and when do you pay? (do you pay your school?)
When you've completed every section of your application and you are happy with your personal statement, you have to click pay and send and pay the money for your application which i think is sent to UCAS. You have to then tell your referees/tutor so they can attach your reference and send your application to UCAS.
Reply 2
:bump:
The school will pay, but you will have to pay them back via cheque or Parentpay or whatever system you have for payments at your school.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The school will pay, but you will have to pay them back via cheque or Parentpay or whatever system you have for payments at your school.

thanks, do schools generally let you know when to pay?
Original post by tgwktm
thanks, do schools generally let you know when to pay?

I can't imagine that they will let you get away without paying! Ask your tutor or head of sixth what the system is. How do you pay for school trips and the like?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by tgwktm
can someone explain how this works if you are applying through a school please? how and when do you pay? (do you pay your school?)

Once you've completed all the sections yourself, you can click Pay/Send where YOU will pay using a credit/debit card.

This then gets sent to your referee, who will approve it initially (or return it back to you with some notes on what to change), then attach the reference, and finally send it off to UCAS.
Original post by Lunch_Box
Once you've completed all the sections yourself, you can click Pay/Send where YOU will pay using a credit/debit card.

This then gets sent to your referee, who will approve it initially (or return it back to you with some notes on what to change), then attach the reference, and finally send it off to UCAS.

Yes, I should have said this was an option. Just assumed that OP was talking about a school where payment is done centrally, which is the case where I work.

No they don't :/ I had to use my own debit card! Bloodey rip off too £23 quid to send a few emails to the uni's!
When you finish your application, YOU pay UCAS directly, then your application gets sent to your school, who then send it straight to UCAS.
Reply 10
does anyone know anywhere on the ucas website that will tell me about paying as there is conflicting advice on here?
Original post by nick d terrier
No they don't :/ I had to use my own debit card! Bloodey rip off too £23 quid to send a few emails to the uni's!

I wasn't saying that you get it free. I was saying that in the school where I work, the Ucas fees are paid by the school and then the school is reimbursed by the student, simply because it makes it easier for our accounting system, but that is not the case everywhere, as you have shown. As you get further along in the Ucas process, you will see that it gets a lot more complex than just a few emails.
Original post by tgwktm
does anyone know anywhere on the ucas website that will tell me about paying as there is conflicting advice on here?

Both methods will work, but you will need to ask at school which one they are expecting you to use. We don't know. I'm surprised they haven't told you, but all it takes is a question to your tutor. Failing that, paying by your own card will ensure you don't miss out if you haven't had any instructions from school.
I wasn't saying that you get it free. I was saying that in the school where I work, the Ucas fees are paid by the school and then the school is reimbursed by the student, simply because it makes it easier for our accounting system, but that is not the case everywhere, as you have shown. As you get further along in the Ucas process, you will see that it gets a lot more complex than just a few emails.

Oh okay I see, yeah I know I was over exaggerating! still think it's a bit pricey though
Reply 14
Both methods will work, but you will need to ask at school which one they are expecting you to use. We don't know. I'm surprised they haven't told you, but all it takes is a question to your tutor. Failing that, paying by your own card will ensure you don't miss out if you haven't had any instructions from school.

I have just sent an email to my head of year to ask, thanks for your help :smile:
After you have paid, is it possible to still edit and change things? I put down my two choices (I'm applying to Oxford so I just need two for now and then when I'm ready I'll add the remaining 3) - and then I clicked 'save' and ticked 'section completed' in the Choices section, and then paid. However since my choices technically aren't complete, I'm worried I won't be able to add the other 3 now I've paid and all the boxes are ticked! I thought every section had to be 'completed' before I could pay - I feel really silly now.. Or did I do I it right?! :s-smilie::confused::frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
I thought I had to pay? I remember entering card details, I don't think the school do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending