The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reply 2
x.narb.x

Really? That's it? I was under the impression it would be between 20k and 30k
Closer to £20k at the start of a training contract, I think
Reply 4
It varies a lot from city to city. At Deloitte, audit graduates working in regional offices will start on between £17k-£24 - how much depends on where you work!
Reply 5
PwC / Deloitte start on £28k in london. Regions is slightly less.
Reply 6
PwC starting salary in southern regional offices is ~ 24k for audit. Slightly more for tax I believe, still more for TS and again an increase for CF, which I believe is around the 30ish mark.
Reply 7
Redeyejedi
PwC starting salary in southern regional offices is ~ 24k for audit. Slightly more for tax I believe, still more for TS and again an increase for CF, which I believe is around the 30ish mark.
What is TS and CF?
PeterParadox
What is TS and CF?

Transaction Services/Support and Corporate Finance, I think
Reply 9
Damn the starting salaries are well low
Reply 10
yeah :s-smilie: ..
lol..

and you'll be working very hard for it..
even a back office job will pay more tho maybe the work wont be as interesting it all comes down to what you want out of a job. However long term you can earn alot, my uncle was at pwc audit and after about 5/6 yrs he was team leader and on around 45k outside london. But banking and accounting are different professions. I think even working for glaxosmithkline, proctor and gamble, shell etc in their business advisory depts pay a tad more.
i think you'll struggle to earn more than what the big 4 are offering you as a trainee, at least outside of london as a graduate with no experience. the pay is well above average anyway, which i think for a graduate is about 17k. my offer letter (last october) said 20k for audit at kpmg (birmingham) but i think its had an annual increase since then and will be due another shortly after i start.
I'm starting in London, and I think they tend to offer about 2-5k more than non-London locations.
Reply 15
Greyhound02
I'm starting in London, and I think they tend to offer about 2-5k more than non-London locations.

I see another Bloc Party fan! Wohoo! :P
Reply 16
around 20k in Nottingham
I start on £23,500 in Cambridge.
how does it vary with the different divisions, ie how does advisory compare to tax and audit?
19.5k in Leeds for PwC for tax, which is pretty crap I think, but oh well. Audit earn slightly less.

Latest