The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It'll all be on the DVLA website.

Couple of weeks I'd imagine.
Reply 2
Yeah I just had a look and birth certificate with NI card is fine, thanks.
You're lucky you haven't lost your passport. :ninja:
it shouldnt take to long to come back, my inital provisional came back within about 5 days i did order it online thou!

^ you would be screwed if you have lost your passport aswell!
Reply 5
tom_tom_tom
it shouldnt take to long to come back, my inital provisional came back within about 5 days i did order it online thou!

^ you would be screwed if you have lost your passport aswell!

Indeed, you need to get a police report and hand that in with your replacement application - if you lose it a few times, they think something's dodgy, such as you "losing it to immigrants for cash" so they refuse to issue another one.

Marcus
Reply 6
I lost my provisional, I called the number on the form... They took a few details and send me a new one by first class post upon receipt of 20 something pounds. No need to send them anything.
you can get a replacement licence if lost or stolen by ringing DVLA, you don't need to send ID and you get it within 10 days

Phone number is 0870 240 0009. You pay over the phone but be warned they only accept visa, mastercard, maestro or delta
marcusfox
Indeed, you need to get a police report and hand that in with your replacement application
No you don't
Reply 9
Either order a new one online - though their website was still going through testing late last year and half the time kept taking your money and saying 'transaction failed' or something - or just phone them up and have your credit card details with you. Costs £22 as I remember. Oh and you can only have it replaced by phone if you previously held a digital (post '98) licence.
crazyhelicopter
No you don't

Well, when it happened to my sister a few years back, she was told she'd need to report it lost to the police, and come back with proof she'd done that.

Marcus
Reply 11
From what I gather, the police can't do anything more than 'keep an eye out' for the lost thing, then tell you to order a replacement... Some people like to feel that they're being looked after, so DVLA staff will advise you to report it.
marcusfox
Well, when it happened to my sister a few years back, she was told she'd need to report it lost to the police, and come back with proof she'd done that.
When it happened to me, a couple of weeks back I reported it to the police, as something in my wallet. But the DVLA didn't ask for any proof or even why I needed a replacement so I guess things have changed
crazyhelicopter
When it happened to me, a couple of weeks back I reported it to the police, as something in my wallet. But the DVLA didn't ask for any proof or even why I needed a replacement so I guess things have changed

I was replying to your thread where you mentioned losing a passport. Sorry if I didn't make that altogether clear :wink:

Marcus
missygeorgia
Someone told me that when I send off for a new one I have to send my passport with the application for ID, is this true? Cos if I do then I wont be able to go out for ages.

Thanks x

lol... its my b/day in a couple of weeks and I can't go out for fear of embarrassment of being IDd and not having any. My passport ran out and I figured 'ah it's ok ill send it all off in a few weeks' the I start my student finance application and have to send my birth cert off for that..... so i'm without any ID for another month or so which sucks.... i'm too ashamed to actually tell my friends I can't go out pubbing because I lack ID (bare in mind that I probably look about 17 so get IDd a fair bit)so I just tell them I 'can't be bothered'. It also means I can't sort out the driving lessons my rents wanna sort me out with for my bday for another couple of months once i've sorted my passport. Grrrrrr!

In other words... I feel your pain.
marcusfox
I was replying to your thread where you mentioned losing a passport. Sorry if I didn't make that altogether clear :wink:
I see, sorry must pay more attention
Reply 16
marcusfox

Marcus

Crime number thats all, pretty standard.
Reply 17
Fairy.Dust.Forever
lol... its my b/day in a couple of weeks and I can't go out for fear of embarrassment of being IDd and not having any. My passport ran out and I figured 'ah it's ok ill send it all off in a few weeks' the I start my student finance application and have to send my birth cert off for that..... so i'm without any ID for another month or so which sucks....
In other words... I feel your pain.

Just take out the out if date passport with several other forms of ID (debit cards/student cards etc) and either flatter your eyelids or wear a low cut top. It also helps if you have the gift of the gab, but for girls that isnt so important. :smile:
Reply 18
you don't have to send anything off. mine came in about a week. so if you hurry up about it you might have it by your birthday :biggrin:
Reply 19
oops just realised ive confused 2 different people sorry :P

Latest