The Student Room Group

Do Converse stretch much? (Flipper feet)

Ive been wanting a pair of converse allstars, and have asked in pretty much every shoe shop if they sell wide fittings (im guessing a mens E size), but all they have is the standard fitting. This is too tight at a few parts of the foot (big toe, little toe bone etc). Apart from that, the shoe fits fine length wise which is great (they are the one shoe that seems to fit length perfectly).

Just wondering, will they break in much/could I use a shoe stretcher on them?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They stretch a lot.
Reply 2
Yeah, they do, but you have to go through the pain of wearing them in at first. I've owned 3 pairs now (I wear them until they fall apart), and they've all rubbed at first but soon become comfortable and stretch to my oddly-shaped feet.
Reply 3
*River
Yeah, they do, but you have to go through the pain of wearing them in at first. I've owned 3 pairs now (I wear them until they fall apart), and they've all rubbed at first but soon become comfortable and stretch to my oddly-shaped feet.

i wear mine til they fall apart too :five: even then i keep them, for some reason i become too attached to get rid of them :sad:

and OP they do stretch to fit properly :yep:
Reply 4
kayzy
and OP they do stretch to fit properly :yep:

Thanks for the response you guys (or should i say girls!), did they like really hurt when you got them though? Like feel "too" tight?
Reply 5
RJ555
Thanks for the response you guys (or should i say girls!), did they like really hurt when you got them though? Like feel "too" tight?

mine didn't hurt too much just if i walked around too much :s-smilie: they were slightly tight i spose but they stretch so easily to fit your feet within about a week i find they are absolutely fine :yep:
They do stretch, none of mine have every rubbed though.
Reply 7
Converse do stretch, yeh. They can hurt abit when you first wear them, but that does entirely depends on the person. Converse are one of the best shoes to mold around the foot, once they have they're stupidly comfy. Just don't wear them if its really hot and your feet easily swell, they can get slightly uncomfortable.
Watch the sizing though, they're big fitting. When people are buying Converse for the first time, I bring down the size they ask for as well as the size below. 9 times out of 10 the smaller size fits better.

You have to remember they are a tight shoe anyway, but like I said, they're great for molding to the foot.
Reply 8
ONE MORE QUESTION: Ive tried a 9 and a 10 (9 is great lengthwise but too loose, 10 great width but too long), but I couldn't get my hands on a 9.5. Im not sure if they even sell half sizes for All Stars, but does anyone know if any high street shoe shops stock them? In town there is a Sole Trader, Office and a few other shoe shops.
Sole trader does half sizes on their website; they have black hi top Converse in 9.5 here - http://www.soletrader.co.uk/soletrader/product/SoleTrader_Mens_Trainer_Old-Skool/ASBLK.htm
Reply 10
You'd have to try the Converse website. We don't sell them and I've yet to find anywhere that does.

www.converse.com
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
How long did it take for them to completely fit your feet?
I have wide feet in womens converse i just bought a ten and they are snug around the sides of pinky toe and big bone under big toe. They told me they would stretch and i said o.k. but they are a bit loose On the back of my foot and slide a bit up and down when i walk.. ??? What should i do. ? A 10 and 1/ 2 wld just make them longer. Should i do a 9 1/2 ? Do any converse come on wide width? Pls help they are a mothets day present
All of my Converse are a bit long so they're not too tight in the width. I recently bought the Arctic Pink velvet high tops. I read a review that said to size down a half size, so I did. Now they're a bit too small - the rubber sole is too tight on my feet.Does everyone mean these shoes will be ok I break them in?
Hi im a size 9(im a female btw)so i want to get the chuck Taylor's high tops in yellow but they don't have a 9 in womens online but im not sure should i get a bigger like a 9.5 or ten size or just my normal size or a whole lower size as a 8.5 or 8.
Reply 15
did they get bigger at the toe part. i got kind of a small size to my feet and they hurt the top of my toes
Reply 16
Original post by mil.m
did they get bigger at the toe part. i got kind of a small size to my feet and they hurt the top of my toes

I hope OP figured it out after 12 years...
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I hope OP figured it out after 12 years...

:rofl: :rofl:
Was so confused as to why a 12 yr old thread was bumped
Reply 18
Original post by doodledaddle
:rofl: :rofl:
Was so confused as to why a 12 yr old thread was bumped

It happens all too often :grumble:
9 times out of 10 its a newer user who clicked on the 'related discussions' and didnt check the dates.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
It happens all too often :grumble:
9 times out of 10 its a newer user who clicked on the 'related discussions' and didnt check the dates.

Oops, guilty of doing that at the beginning :colondollar:
Dare I ask who the 1/10 are?

Latest