The Student Room Group

AQA grades strange (remark?)

Hi,
in response to the AQA strange grades thread, who's getting their papers remarked?
Please post the subject, the paper and the grade + UMS mark you got and the grade you actually expected.

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C
expected at least a B if not an A

not sure whether i should go for remark though.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Psychology PYA5, I got a U, when I thought I should have done better, all my other 5 exams were A's so it was really disappointing!
English Literature
LTA4 - Texts in Time
54/90 C
Really disappointed with that. Although English was my weakest subject, I was really pleased with how that paper went..
Not bothering with a remark though, as I literally only scraped that C by one mark anyway :/
Reply 3
English Literature
LTA1 -- The Modern novel
UMS -- 7/100 -- U

Expected at least a high B
Physics unit 5 (astro option) 60/90

if ever i thought i aced an exam paper it was this 1, i dont understand how i could drop this low
jkyng1
Hi,
in response to the AQA strange grades thread, who's getting their papers remarked?
Please post the subject, the paper and the grade + UMS mark you got and the grade you actually expected.

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

If you are not sure you will go up in marks with a remark then you could get a photocopy of your script and ask a teacher to mark it. It's a lot cheaper and if it turns out you were actually given too many marks you won't lose any.
callum9999
If you are not sure you will go up in marks with a remark then you could get a photocopy of your script and ask a teacher to mark it. It's a lot cheaper and if it turns out you were actually given too many marks you won't lose any.

Thats waht im doing.. I was 1 mark off an A in chemistry. Photocopy deadline at my college is on monday.

Edit:

I got 77/90

The actual paper is out of 60. The exam went really good. I neevr felt so happy about an exam but this one. I hoped for over 95%. I will see wat i get after remark...
SilentGirl
Thats waht im doing.. I was 1 mark off an A in chemistry. Photocopy deadline at my college is on monday.

Is that just at your college because I was told by the head of 6th form I have to wait until school starts again before I can get a copy?
callum9999
Is that just at your college because I was told by the head of 6th form I have to wait until school starts again before I can get a copy?

Sign up deadline is monday but i doubt i will get my script before college starts.
German, unit 3
ums: 40 (U)
predicted: A

so yes, i'll be getting a remark.
SilentGirl
Sign up deadline is monday but i doubt i will get my script before college starts.

I meant I have to wait until school starts again before I can request a copy. Do you know if that sign up deadline is just your college or is it nationwide?
Reply 11
I am

Economics
Unit 1 91/105 A
Unit 2 88/105 A
Unit 3 45/105 D....... one off an E
I think I'll be getting two, History and English (HS03 and NTB2 i think...cba to go and get results sheet).

I'm only at AS Level, so there's no real rush. Do I have a deadline?
callum9999
I meant I have to wait until school starts again before I can request a copy. Do you know if that sign up deadline is just your college or is it nationwide?

I think its just my college, Still worth a check at your college.
I think most people did poorly on PYA5 I got a C which was disappointing and alot of people i know got's U's. Think maybe there was an issue?
JakeCordell
I think I'll be getting two, History and English (HS03 and NTB2 i think...cba to go and get results sheet).

I'm only at AS Level, so there's no real rush. Do I have a deadline?

i *think* it's the 19th of September
Reply 16
jkyng1
Hi,

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

i did aqa business too and i got Unit 4 - A, Unit 5 - B and Unit 6 - U.
(overall - C)

definately getting a remark for that last paper!
Kasphlam
English Literature
LTA1 -- The Modern novel
UMS -- 7/100 -- U

Expected at least a high B

I bet you someone forgot to enter another 7 in to make it 77/100 :p:

I've got a problem with PHB6 , I was expecting to get at least 72/90 i.e an A despite having problems getting equpiment to work in a practical exam , and I've got 50/90 which is worth a D grade.Not happy as it's stopping me meeting my Warwick offer (need 18 more points for the A they need).I've asked for a photocopy of the paper and I'm thinking of putting in for a priority remark as well because I don't think anyone (including someone who got AAAA) did better than a C in that unit.
jkyng1
Hi,

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

Media studies
unit 1 reading the media
D :mad:

I thought the exam went really well we did loads of exam practise for this unit in class and I received straight A's always so I was absolutely appalled to see my D especially as I received A's for unit 2 and 3 which made my overall grade B. I am defiantly getting a remark as are loads of people in my class (about 75%). I was expecting an B at least !
SpiritedAway
i *think* it's the 19th of September

And when will that get back to me, do you know?

Quick Reply

Latest