The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ok?
Reply 2
See that crunching sound when you pull up the handbrake without the pressing the button? I hate to hear it :s-smilie:
Reply 3
That damages the handbrake in the long-term. :biggrin:
Reply 4
ahahha I know but what are you saying? I don't get your point I'm sorry
people drive how they want. you drive how you want.
Reply 6
i can't pull it up or push it down either way. im a weakling- my mum or driving instructor has to do it - its so hard it won't move no matter how hard i try
Reply 7
Well, I confess to doing that sometimes, but the handbrake is rarely used, so it isn't a huge issue.
Reply 8
i know exactly what you mean, i hate the noise when someone pulls it up without pressing the button. If i let my parents drive my car, they do it and i actually go mad lol.
Reply 9
fungixsai
i can't pull it up or push it down either way. im a weakling- my mum or driving instructor has to do it - its so hard it won't move no matter how hard i try

What are you going to do in your test/once you can drive?
fungixsai

wont you be a bit screwed during your test :confused: :confused:
Reply 11
:ditto:
Reply 12
Akkuz
That damages the handbrake in the long-term. :biggrin:

Eh? It's just a metal-on-metal ratchet, isn't it? I don't think it's going to wear out just because people pull it on like that. I always use the button anyway, but I don't understand why you think it'll be damaged?
Reply 13
fungixsai

As for pushing it down I know with the handbrake on the car I drive you have to lift it up a bit and then press the button before you can move it done.

As for pulling it up you should be able to pulling it up a few notches, maybe it's really tight like they are brand new/after service...

But your going to need to know how for when you get your license and you drive by yourself.

My instructor never told me to push the button in when pulling it up though. :confused:
Reply 14
If your instructor didn't tell you to use the button... what else is it used for then?
Reply 15
spikeymike
If your instructor didn't tell you to use the button... what else is it used for then?

Taking the handbrake off?
Reply 16
princess_sue
wont you be a bit screwed during your test :confused: :confused:

That's an interesting way of making sure you pass! :eek:
Reply 17
JD8891
Taking the handbrake off?

Good shout, why i didn't think of that i don't know :rofl:
Reply 18
I hate the sound, and its easy to press the button when you lift it up. Better than the horrific sound that occurs when you don't :eek:
Reply 19
beesbees
I hate the sound, and its easy to press the button when you lift it up. Better than the horrific sound that occurs when you don't :eek:

:ditto: