The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes you get a free meal. However what you may be allowed tends to vary by restaurant / ops group / franchise.

We record breaks to assist with stock control, food yields and food cost.
AH right, just moved to a new store ane because they do well we can now get any meal on the menu including promo's like the Big Tasty or the new Chicken Bacon Onion plus any desert. So we dont need to stick to an allowance so it must just be for stock control.

Cheers mysr say had a lovely chicken legend and nice mcflurry today haha. At my other store we were limited to only EVM's at like £3.49
Corpsetaker

I had never even done presenter window before! XD. Parked about a million orders, the response time was like, 200s as the orders piled in and I kept trying to get everything ready. Had to stay an extra fifteen minutes (Dad was picking me up) to keep everything going. Not pleased.

I love presenter window, easily my favourite place to be, especially busy lunchtimes. :biggrin:
I got rejected twice by McDonalds. Is there a certain thing I have to do to pass the first stages or something?! :s-smilie:
Reply 2004
blahbloo
I got rejected twice by McDonalds. Is there a certain thing I have to do to pass the first stages or something?! :s-smilie:

Answer the personality quiz to their standards I think :p:

I've applied 5 times now, rejected once after interview and the other 3 positions were closed before I got an interview and I have one sent the now

How sad lol. It's like they've challenged me to work there
blahbloo

Yes the questionnaire when you apply to get the job. I had a look on the system and i think you only need a pass mark of like 50 percent allthough i only just passed at 53 i think i was shocked when it was that low
adam_1234
I love presenter window, easily my favourite place to be, especially busy lunchtimes. :biggrin:

I hope you're joking! D: I can't handle presenter window even when it's not busy... Black order... green.... RED, RED, RED!!!

Got a 9-5 tomorrow, interestingly. I've never done breakfast menu before though :redface:, and I highly doubt I'll get to watch someone else do it. Will need to think on my feet :p:
Reply 2007
Lucky my store doesn't have a drive-through I suppose hahaa.

I hate doing breakfast, it confuses me. It's probably cause I don't do it often enough though, so when I do do it then I get confused where everything on the screen is! Got a full breakfast shift tomorrow though - 7:45 am start for me :frown: I kinda wanna do a breakfast shift in the kitchen, that sounds kinda fun. I've only done it once though, and that was ages ago. So long ago it was a manager who left last March who taught me how to make everything up!
Ronda
Lucky my store doesn't have a drive-through I suppose hahaa.

I hate doing breakfast, it confuses me. It's probably cause I don't do it often enough though, so when I do do it then I get confused where everything on the screen is! Got a full breakfast shift tomorrow though - 7:45 am start for me :frown: I kinda wanna do a breakfast shift in the kitchen, that sounds kinda fun. I've only done it once though, and that was ages ago. So long ago it was a manager who left last March who taught me how to make everything up!

I found breakfast menu OK today -- I had no idea we do porridge or bagels :eek3: ! The hash browns look yummy, too...

Isn't it really awkward to break the eggs in kitchen? Lol, that's like, the only thing I can never do...
I'm showing up as Not Selected on the website, I applied two weeks ago and got rejected so re-applied changing my hours I can work and also my questionnaire answers. Are they not even looking at my new application cos I got rejected last time?
Finally got an interview with McDonalds! I'm having the OJE process on Weds- does this mean they'll put me in the customer area and make me do things with people?! :s-smilie:
blahbloo
Finally got an interview with McDonalds! I'm having the OJE process on Weds- does this mean they'll put me in the customer area and make me do things with people?! :s-smilie:

did you apply online?
if so, can you help me with who i should put for the personal reference? it wont let me continue till iv put one in.
is family ok? who did you use?
DJ AgnieszkaA
did you apply online?
if so, can you help me with who i should put for the personal reference? it wont let me continue till iv put one in.
is family ok? who did you use?

I used my teachers from college. They have to be of a professional capacity.
blahbloo
I used my teachers from college. They have to be of a professional capacity.

thanks
would it be ok for me to use the college's address or do i need their personal addresses?
DJ AgnieszkaA
thanks
would it be ok for me to use the college's address or do i need their personal addresses?

Surely you have to ask the teachers for their permission first? And I used their college phone numbers/email addresses/College address.
becky.fm
I'm not sure that's the case for every McDonald's worker.

It certainly is not.When I worked in McDonalds I gave every customer a smile and a friendly greeting.If anything,I felt the customer was more condescending than the staff.
Reply 2016
Corpsetaker
I found breakfast menu OK today -- I had no idea we do porridge or bagels :eek3: ! The hash browns look yummy, too...

Isn't it really awkward to break the eggs in kitchen? Lol, that's like, the only thing I can never do...

I remember the first time someone asked me for a philledelphia bagel :lol: I took the bagel from the bin and gave it to the customer and they just stared at me and was like "can I have my philledelphia please" I felt really stupid :lol:

I dunno, the only thing I'd been shown was how to put together McMuffins. And at that I can't even remember cause it was over a year ago! But I'm getting trained on Saturday to do kitchen stuff for breakfast so hopefully it all goes well!
I was also wondering how does McDonalds view disabled people? I didn't put down that I was hearing impaired cos due to previous bad experiences, would they look badly over this? Or shall i just explain that I don't consider it to be a total disability enough to be put on the forms, etc? I have an interview this Weds. :s-smilie:
blahbloo
I was also wondering how does McDonalds view disabled people? I didn't put down that I was hearing impaired cos due to previous bad experiences, would they look badly over this? Or shall i just explain that I don't consider it to be a total disability enough to be put on the forms, etc? I have an interview this Weds. :s-smilie:

It's fine, just let them know at the interview so they can make adjustments if necessary (eg train you in the kitchen or on lobby if you think you might have difficulties taking orders etc).

There are laws regarding disability discrimination; they're not allowed to not hire you because you're hearing impaired. In any case, people working in the kitchen, lobby and deliveries don't need to rely on good hearing to do their job, so they won't see it as a problem :smile:
Trinity.Marsh
hi, i just got a job at mcdonalds i have my intoduction on friday... what do i have in store for me... =]

On your induction it is likely you will be paired with a 'staff trainer' who will show you the basics and train you up - realx it will be fine if your a pretty easy going person.

Latest

Trending

Trending