The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Alex22Spurs
Hi

Just wondering if you have any suggestions as a non-office career, but generally well-paid after graduation? I have been interested in Geography but hear that many receive a bog standard salary after doing that particular degree :frown:

Any help appreciated :biggrin:

Using 'non office job' is a bit of a blanket term that you might want to avoid. Office jobs can involve all manner of things, some interesting, some not. Also many jobs may be spent partly in an office and partly elsewhere.

A teacher isn't office based. Neither is a social worker, or a graduate-entry police role (though depends on what it is).

A barrister also comes to mind. Their time is usually divided up between meetings with clients, arguing and presenting in court, and researching points of law in private. You won't need to do a law degree to be a barrister either, as non-law students can convert.

You perhaps need to start thinking about what interests you, and then find well paid jobs that are related to this, rather than the other way round.

Many 'office jobs' can in fact be really fascinating.
could become an army officer...relatively well paid...however you should not be doing it for the money...and it is a rather....taxing carrer
Reply 3
It really depends on what qualifications you have, how smart you are (in all senses) and how much you're willing to put up with since all careers will have some aspect of paperwork/ office attendance.

Airline Pilot
Crab Fisherman
Doctor/ Dentist
Oil Rigging
Construction/ Demolition
Truck Driver
Logger (Tree)

It also depends on what you class as well paid...
Criminal.
Reply 5
Footballer.
Grammy-award winning singer.
Actress.
Socialite.
Drug dealer
Thief
Bank Robber
Loan shark
Double post :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I'd personally advise against being a thief. A lot of bad karma floating around there since you'll be directly affecting other people's lives in a very negative way.

Drug dealing is OK, since you're providing a service to people who are willing to be your customers. You could argue that maybe this is 'negative' for society, but I don't think it is. If you're going to drug deal though, I'd suggest you get a part time job as well, just so that you'll appear 'legit'. The hardest part of this trade is not getting caught and having to deal with paranoia, especially if you take your own products and start suspecting people at house parties to be undercover cops.

Latest

Trending

Trending