The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FlippinEl
**** I wrote 28/90 and didn't simplify it to 14/45. This is the only mark I might have lost? Pleaaaassseeee say I still got that mark cause then it would be 100% ?

That is fine.
Reply 161
I managed to forget about the whole isosceles rule so i explained the 2 angles being the same via the sine rule, that they must be the same to fit the rule as both sides are equal. Would that be okay?
raor
Would you predict that alot of A/A* questions will appear? Because there was only 2-3 A grade questions which appeared which I find is ludicrous if you compare it to last years paper.

The papers are deliberately weighed so most of the papers are composed of D and C questions.
Essex1875
Thanks for the reply! I didnt use midpoints so i guess that means i didnt get any marks :frown:
oh well. think i got around 60ish so if i dont

If you used endpoints, you get 1 mark.
JinxedOut
I'm quite angry, basically the paper was absolutely fine. But just before we went in, this girl told me that cumulative frequency you plot from the mid points, and frequency polygon you do higher, so I've plotted them wrong. I'm pretty angry, as I'd helped her a lot and just as she was walking in someone told her she got it wrong (meaning in the exam she got it right) but I wasn't to know :\ OHKAY I'll stop complaining, but it meant I got the median and interquartile range different but right for my graph, how many points will I lose? The frequency is worth 2 and the other 5 in total, will I lose all 7.
They're the only marks I've lost though I think :\ still annoying.

No you won't lose all 7. You probably would only lose 2.
Reply 165
Mr M
The papers are deliberately weighed so most of the papers are composed of D and C questions.

Yes but this one was weighted way too much.
Can somebody please explain 27?
Also for 25B I worked and put with my working out x =6 or x = -2 but then I crossed out X =-2 on my answer section because it didn't seem like X could be -2 when you put it into the eqautions on the triangle, however I left the x = -2 in my working outs. Would I only get 3/4?

Also for 16 I originally put unsimplified version of the correct answer but in the last minute I simplfied it and accidently put 3 1/3 instead 3 2/3 would I get 2/3 for this question?

Can somebody also explain how you would do 25A?
Reply 167
Mr M
No you won't lose all 7. You probably would only lose 2.

one last question on 25b) my working out wasnt quadratics!
it was completing the sqaure :tongue: got same answer though would i get full marks?
Reply 168
ExplosiveSam
Can somebody please explain 27?
Also for 25B I worked and put with my working out x =6 or x = -2 but then I crossed out X =-2 on my answer section because it didn't seem like X could be -2 when you put it into the eqautions on the triangle, however I left the x = -2 in my working outs. Would I only get 3/4?

Also for 16 I originally put unsimplified version of the correct answer but in the last minute I simplfied it and accidently put 3 1/3 instead 3 2/3 would I get 2/3 for this question?

Can somebody also explain how you would do 25A?

Your only meant to be put 1 value of X back into the equation. That is what I did and I got 10.
Reply 169
hemant1
one last question on 25b) my working out wasnt quadratics!
it was completing the sqaure :tongue: got same answer though would i get full marks?

Should do. It didnt say factorise? If it did then you wouldnt get any marks.
Reply 170
i didn't simplify the probability- will i still get the full marks, and also when you times the fraction, i didn't put it back into a mixed fraction- it never said so, and and for the last question on the pythagoras therom to find the length, i wrote 10 but then i added 4, will i get any marks as i did actually wrote 10 but then i crossed it out
raor
Your only meant to be put 1 value of X back into the equation. That is what I did and I got 10.

I did get 10 but on the first bit of 25B were you had to solve it I only put X =6 as you couldn't use x=-2 on the triangle.
for 20)b) i put 200^3 instead of 8000000 because it asked for you answer in cm^3

am i right or wrong?
Reply 173
can you get the mark scheme for calculator paper for june 11th 2010?
Hey Mr M for question number 6 I wrote: enlargement by scale factor 2 and translation by vector 2/2 is that still right?

and also for number 23 i got a median of 30

can these still be counted in for marks?
I hope my sister gets an A* FOR THIS PAPER

She got around 87/100 :/
Reply 176
Reply 177
if you wrote the correct anser on the dotted line but then crossed it out and wrote something else, may they be leaninet with you and give you the full marks?
Reply 178
Lol dude. How will he possibly get the mark scheme for that? Btw stop spamming.
Reply 179
nayshal_k

No... the paper hasnt been done yet. Mr M posted the answers AFTER yesterdays paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending