The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drbluebox
Think I said it earlier in thread but its generation gap, I can see why he would be annoyed and why the girl in return is too but many people are just sheep and I say that in the nicest way!

I.e its the "everyone else does it, so if someone has a problem with it they are the ones at fault not me"

I think the girl was dressed provocativly in some scenes though "normal" for a girl her age so I guess I have some faults too in thinking that.

But in these sorts of things it a bit of a no win situation since kids will love it if their parents let them do anything but others will say they are letting their children run wild.

Obviously your children are going to love it if you let them do as they like but I think it's a parents responsibility to look after and guide their children. The dad only had his daughter's best interest at heart. What you've said in your 3rd paragraph is what the dad realised in the end and I thought he compromised really well. It would be weirder if her dad didn't care (like some of the parents on the show) and I think his approach has worked on his daughter - she did tone down her original outfit and she thought of his knickers rule when he wasn't there. Your last paragraph is right but being stricter (not crazy, just having boundaries etc) on your children will benefit them in the long run and he did let her go on holiday in the first place so wasn't stopping her from having fun.

I'm surprised so many people on here think he's a strict dad. I know people whose parents are far worse and he genuinely seemed to care about the wellbeing of his daughter and was teaching her about self respect.
I think this programme is just awful. What kind of parents do that to their kids?
Reply 142
Is anyone watching it now? I seriously feel sorry for that guy, his parents are too much lol.
Just ... *cringe*

This must make things so awkward.
A good job my parents never know about my hols.
Original post by Wilzyy
Is anyone watching it now? I seriously feel sorry for that guy, his parents are too much lol.

ugh, I am just majorly cringing at these 'LADS'. it is actually pretty disgusting how predatory and pervy they are lol!
250 euro in a strip club? christ
could of just paid for a hooker for an hour
Reply 147
Original post by Mally-xo
ugh, I am just majorly cringing at these 'LADS'. it is actually pretty disgusting how predatory and pervy they are lol!

One of them has really bad teeth, that's all I can look at lol..
Original post by RadioHawk
250 euro in a strip club? christ
could of just paid for a hooker for an hour

I don't know why he's even paying with the amount of halfnaked girls wandering around...
Reply 148
This guys parents make me cringe!
Exposing his low self-esteem issues to his friends "you look so handsome and confident!"
Original post by Wilzyy
One of them has really bad teeth, that's all I can look at lol..

I don't know why he's even paying with the amount of halfnaked girls wandering around...

ughh, I know, nastyyyy!

next week looks good! :yy: borat costume ftw!
Seeing the way these kids behaves actually puts me of having kids. Especially the girls (I know it's a double standard but as someone that would be a dad I'd be heartbroken to see most of this stuff)
My mum told me she would rather not know what goes on on my holidays haha. She also thinks its wrong that these parents are doing this. My mum for the win.
I have to wait until the weekend to watch it, sounds good too :colonhash:
Reply 153
The boy's parents were strange. & they believed he was going to a library at 1am in Zante.:lolwut:
lololol, I love this programme. If my parents ever did this.. :angry:
Reply 155
Good episode tonight, that guys parents were so strange I feel sorry for the guy. Also, did anyone else think it seemed like he hardly knew his 'friends' shaking hands with them and so did his parents, also they weren't exactly similar! First 2 people who reacted somewhat how I expect someone to react in this situation :tongue: would be so embarrassing. Blatantly left the phone in the girls room on purpose without telling the parents though haha!

Next week looks like it should be a good laugh with angry parents and nakedness :biggrin:
So so so so funny! Gets me so excited for my summer holiday with the girlies :P
Those lads were definitely not James' mates. I found it hilarious when one of them was going 'I WANT YOU TO GET ******' really aggressively - I thought he was going to rape poor James :'(
God, that was awkward when the girl completely gave the cold shoulder to her parents when they turned up... she was totally right of course, but still, ouch
Reply 159
Original post by Dusty12
The boy's parents were strange. & they believed he was going to a library at 1am in Zante.:lolwut:

Felt kind of sorry for the guy, so much was made out about him being a complete failure with girls, even just the hug from that girl was highlighted as a major success.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending