The Student Room Group

Lloyds TSB recruitment process...

I applied for a full time Customer Assistant role with Lloyds TSB, filled in the application form and did the online tests. I have zero finance experience but it said this isn't necessary as plenty of training will be given, I do have plenty of experience
In customer service!

So I got an email saying I've successfully passed this stage of the recruitment process and they will be in touch shortly :smile:

I was wondering if anyone knows what the general process for this role is?

Phone interview? Group interview? 1-2-1 interview?

Any other avice? How long do they take to get in touch?

Scroll to see replies

Is this for a regular branch position, i.e. a cashier? A couple of my friends worked there during sixth form and it was a simple 1-on-1 interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Duck and Cover
Is this for a regular branch position, i.e. a cashier? A couple of my friends worked there during sixth form and it was a simple 1-on-1 interview.

Yeah that's the impression I got from the role description :smile:

OK doesn't sound too bad then!

edit;

since posting this I received the following email

Thank you for your continued interest in joining Lloyds Banking Group and completing your application form to date.

We would like to invite you to an event to further assess your suitability for the role.

Your application has been placed on hold until such an event date becomes available and we will contact you accordingly.

Lloyds Banking Group Resourcing Team

How long roughly have other people waited for the 'event' ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Hello,

have you now recieved further information from lloyds. I also applied for a customer service roleand have been placed on hold for about 2 weeks. I only recieved an email ysterday night prompting me to go online and book an interview date but when i logged in, there were no dates available. I intend to call on monday
Reply 4
Original post by mansion
Hello,

have you now recieved further information from lloyds. I also applied for a customer service roleand have been placed on hold for about 2 weeks. I only recieved an email ysterday night prompting me to go online and book an interview date but when i logged in, there were no dates available. I intend to call on monday

Not yet :frown: I'm hoping to hear from them very soon.

Hope you get an interview date sorted!
Reply 5
Original post by aleathiel
I applied for a full time Customer Assistant role with Lloyds TSB, filled in the application form and did the online tests. I have zero finance experience but it said this isn't necessary as plenty of training will be given, I do have plenty of experience
In customer service!

So I got an email saying I've successfully passed this stage of the recruitment process and they will be in touch shortly :smile:

I applied for the same role about a week ago (different location one presumes) and was basically told I was too stupid. Essentially, I failed the tests. You're very lucky/smart - I'm envious, congratulations. Good luck with the event.
Not yet :frown: I'm hoping to hear from them very soon.

Hope you get an interview date sorted!

I applied for a job with Lloyds TSB and passed the SHL tests, I'm waiting to hear about next stage. They said they will be in contact soon.

Have you heard from them?

I've applied for a different role though so I guess the process might differ slightly.
Reply 7
Original post by babygirl110
I applied for a job with Lloyds TSB and passed the SHL tests, I'm waiting to hear about next stage. They said they will be in contact soon.

Have you heard from them?

I've applied for a different role though so I guess the process might differ slightly.

Not yet. Hope you hear soon :smile:
Reply 8
Hi,

I finally got an interview date for 11th march. Any news from them yet?

Has anyone recently had an interview for customer service role, please share if you have...meanwhile, i will let you guys know how the interview went and what questions were asked.
Reply 9
Original post by mansion
Hi,

I finally got an interview date for 11th march. Any news from them yet?

Has anyone recently had an interview for customer service role, please share if you have...meanwhile, i will let you guys know how the interview went and what questions were asked.

Not yet. Did they let you know by email or did they call?

Good Luck!
Reply 10
They sent an email to book a selection event online but when i logged on, there were no dates so i called the recruitment team and someone booked it on the phone for the 11th.
Reply 11
Hi I am waiting as well for an interview date. How did it go?you were having it in 11 march? what did they ask?
Reply 12
Original post by mansion
They sent an email to book a selection event online but when i logged on, there were no dates so i called the recruitment team and someone booked it on the phone for the 11th.

How did it go?

I'm still waiting for an event.

Is it worth contacting them?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Looking at the amount of time you've been waiting since the previous response, I assume the position may had already been filled at the time and you're on hold for future openings in the same local area.

Personally I think it is worth contacting them asking you've previously applied and would like to know if there's still any openings available. At least you won't be left wondering.

I had a response to book an interview date a couple days after applying. Mine will be in 2 weeks for a customer advisor role.
Reply 14
I've been through the whole recruitment process with Lloyds before, it was for a customer advisor role in a contact centre and although I was unsuccessful it's a pretty simple process, I forgot to do a security check on my role play part this being the reason I didn't pass.

It's a group evetn where you're all put in a room and put through a Lloyds presentation, you're then basicly put into two groups one group going for their one to one interviews first and one going for the role play.

The one to one interview is just like any normal interview and like the telephone interview is mostly competency based questions.

The role play is also pretty straightforward you get put down onto the actual centre floor beforehand being giving 15 minutes to look over the information provided (which is just a fake customers bank statement) basicly you just haveto deal with their enquiry and try to upsell certain accounts etc but make sure you do the security check right at the start of the phone call !

I have waited my time and now I am booked in for a event tomorrow as I passed my telephone interview etc again. :smile:
In customer service!

I work for LTSB got my job 8 months ago. Have you had your phone interview yet? After that if you pass you go to a contact center-is it a contact role job?- and you have a group interview where they tell you about the job. A roleplay exercise and a 1 on 1 interview. And thats a bout the jist of it, mine took 4 hours though.

Any other questions pm me or quote me. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by lyrical_lie
I work for LTSB got my job 8 months ago. Have you had your phone interview yet? After that if you pass you go to a contact center-is it a contact role job?- and you have a group interview where they tell you about the job. A roleplay exercise and a 1 on 1 interview. And thats a bout the jist of it, mine took 4 hours though.

Hi,

What qualifications do you have? I just had a group interview a few days ago, for the Customer Assistant position so I'd like some info on it. What's the job role like?

Thanks.
Reply 17

Hey, no I haven't.

I got an email not long ago saying the position I originally applied for and was through to the next stage for, was no longer available, but I checked on their site and the exact same position was right there so I re-applied and got through the tests etc again. I got an email not long after I applied saying I was through to the next round and would be contacted about it. Again, have heard absolutely nothing. Sigh, I'm not holding my breath anymore tbh :frown: I really want to work full time, especially doing normal hours so would really like to be contacted about this job but It's not going anywhere.
Maybe I should contact someone, see why no one has contacted me about an 'event'?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by N.K
Hi,

What qualifications do you have? I just had a group interview a few days ago, for the Customer Assistant position so I'd like some info on it. What's the job role like?

Thanks.

aleathiel

Hey, no I haven't.

I got an email not long ago saying the position I originally applied for and was through to the next stage for, was no longer available, but I checked on their site and the exact same position was right there so I re-applied and got through the tests etc again. I got an email not long after I applied saying I was through to the next round and would be contacted about it. Again, have heard absolutely nothing. Sigh, I'm not holding my breath anymore tbh I really want to work full time, especially doing normal hours so would really like to be contacted about this job but It's not going anywhere.
Maybe I should contact someone, see why no one has contacted me about an 'event'?

@N.K

Hey qualification wise, I just have 8As at int 2, AABBBBC at higher, B at AHigher and an A at GCSE RE. And I'm at uni doing law. But if I'm honest they don't care about qualifications they care more about work experience. I'm not sure what the customer assistant role is, is it in a call centre? Remember there are many many different roles. If it's service you're doing -which this sounds like- it's answering quearies, paying credit cards off, transfering money, sending out new cards that type of thing. However a main main main part of the role is sales. They will say it's not but they are lying. Tier one, which is service have to transfer calls over to tier 2 -which is me- and I need to process the sales and try to upsell them. My job is fine because people come through to me usually wanted the service whereas tier one have to generate the intrest. I can't really think of anything else. Give me a shout if you have any more questions.

@aleathiel
I would give the HR a ring, I know a friend of mine had some trouble like this before. If you've been to the assessment centre and passed through the interviews I don't see why they wouldn't offer you a job if they already had in the first place. Also if it turns out they don't have a place that time round tell them to keep you on file and get them to ring you about vacancies, it saves them time if they know there is someone they have waiting for a job. Again if you can't get a service position ask to go into sales, 1000x better than service.
Reply 19

@aleathiel
I would give the HR a ring, I know a friend of mine had some trouble like this before. If you've been to the assessment centre and passed through the interviews I don't see why they wouldn't offer you a job if they already had in the first place. Also if it turns out they don't have a place that time round tell them to keep you on file and get them to ring you about vacancies, it saves them time if they know there is someone they have waiting for a job. Again if you can't get a service position ask to go into sales, 1000x better than service.

Thanks, I will definitely contact them.

Did your friend have any joy in the end?

Quick Reply