The Student Room Group

student finance, too late to change details?

hey guys....ive had constant trouble with student finance...i just want them to give me my money and let me go lol
ok so i got the confirmation letter back, which was wrong because they processed it as non-income assesed, when i rang to ask why they said that if they don't receive your parents financial details after a period of time they just process it as non-income assesed and will change it once they receive that information....i handed my parents financial details in like 3 days after receiving the confirmation letter and ive had no notifiaction of a change of financial status?
also...i logged into the SF website and looked at the overview, ive noticed that they have got they have got me down for 'NOT' consenting for information to be shared with my university ( i know im entitled to a bursary)...but im soooo sure i didnt do that!...if i rang them, do you think they will be able to change it?
X
Reply 1
probably. they;re actually quite helpful i found.. how long do you have to send you parents stuff? becuase my dad did the forms online and now my parentd have gone on holiday
Reply 2
The bursary thing is a bug. Its happened to me and lots of other people. Even if you consented the website will display it as you not consenting. When you ring them up they will tell you that their system says you have consented.

They have known about the website problem for months but haven't bothered to fix it.
Reply 3
oh rite..phew lol...doesnt the bursary show up your confirmation letter though?
Reply 4
Nateface
oh rite..phew lol...doesnt the bursary show up your confirmation letter though?

Information about a bursary gets sent through later. You get a letter that comes through the Student Loans Company but has your universities logo on it which details what bursary you are entitled to and when they will be paying it.

I didn't get this through until August/September time last year.
Reply 5
Can I change the account the money will be paid into?
You can update your details whenever you need to. I changed both my university and my course a few days ago and it all went through. Try to do it as early as possible so that you get the money on time. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by silencespeaks
You can update your details whenever you need to. I changed both my university and my course a few days ago and it all went through. Try to do it as early as possible so that you get the money on time. Good luck!

Did you get a new breakdown letter detailing when you'll get your payments?
No, but your page changes and states that they have received the changes you have made. Hopefully, it will come on time, or not much later.
Original post by Muffin.
Did you get a new breakdown letter detailing when you'll get your payments?

Hiya, just got a letter in the post today. It's been almost a week since I made the changes and yes they gave me a breakdown detailing the payments. Still the same dates as my previous one. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by silencespeaks
Hiya, just got a letter in the post today. It's been almost a week since I made the changes and yes they gave me a breakdown detailing the payments. Still the same dates as my previous one. :smile:

Thanks, did you have to sign anything and send it back the second time?

Quick Reply

Latest