The Student Room Group

Target and predicted grades?

Is there a difference between the two?

Reply 1
If they are both devised by the teacher, then no. However, if you set the target yourself, then yes.
Target grades: what grades you could achieve if you truly apply yourself and work as hard as possible.
Predicted grades: what grades you are likely to achieve if you maintain your current effort.

Your target may be an A but if you don't work hard then you'll be predicted a C or a D.
Reply 3
At our school we are given a target minimum grade that we at least must get - then our predicted grade is like what they actually expect you to get.
Reply 4
Original post by Natalie21
At our school we are given a target minimum grade that we at least must get - then our predicted grade is like what they actually expect you to get.

Same with my college although mine were ridiculously low - D,E,E,E
From what everyone said, take your personal target grade into account and achieve excellent results :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by POWW!
Same with my college although mine were ridiculously low - D,E,E,E

Did you pass them ? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Natalie21
Did you pass them ? :smile:

Just started A2 but got BBBC aiming to turn that into AAC :smile:
At my 6th form our targets are actually target minimums from ALIS. It basically takes your gender and GCSE results and tells you what the minimum you should get is.

Predictions are what teachers think you will end up with based on effort, AS grades etc
Reply 9
Original post by POWW!
Just started A2 but got BBBC aiming to turn that into AAC :smile:

Awesome well done :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest