The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bradshawm05
Hi everybody. I got 9 A* grades at GCSE and 2 A grades. I scored 625 on the UKCAT (540,600,630,730) and I'm a little worried this will drag my application down. I am predicted A*AA. My personal statement is very good and I have good work experience in a caring role as well as extra-curricular activities. I was wondering could anybody who is familiar with the scoring system give me an indicator of how I would score? Thankyou for your time.

I think the actual scoring system for Nottingham is a bit secret. I haven't seen any specific "this is what we do" in the same way Leicester do.
Reply 201
Any grads received a work experience questionnaire yet? I haven't heard anything.
Reply 202
First post woop woop :biggrin:
In the questionnaire does it matter if I haven't used perfect grammar as I can't fit everything in otherwise. Thanks :smile:
Ok for the work experience section I only have three real work experience placements (NIMR, GP surgery and Hospice work). For my fourth placement would it be best to put my work as a young leader at Scouts (ongoing for 2 years but not medical), St John Ambulance cadets (only went for 3 months about a year ago-- not sure if they'd even remember me!), a day long medlink-esque course I attended, or just leave the last option blank? Thanks for the advice.
Also, with the hospice work I started in July and worked there for 2 weeks. Since then I've done a couple of evenings after school and will be spending this upcoming week working there. Should that go down as '3 weeks ongoing' or '3 months ongoing' as when I work is up to the hospice not me (i.e. I'm called in when needed). Obviously I want to put 3 months but don't want to mislead them! I'm finding this whole questionaire quite restricting and confusing!
Original post by deadonarrival
Ok for the work experience section I only have three real work experience placements (NIMR, GP surgery and Hospice work). For my fourth placement would it be best to put my work as a young leader at Scouts (ongoing for 2 years but not medical), St John Ambulance cadets (only went for 3 months about a year ago-- not sure if they'd even remember me!), a day long medlink-esque course I attended, or just leave the last option blank? Thanks for the advice.

Just put the three down although I don't think it'll destroy your app if you do put one of those ones down as a 4th.
Original post by dunnicare
Just put the three down although I don't think it'll destroy your app if you do put one of those ones down as a 4th.

Thanks for that. I decided to leave it with just three :smile:
Original post by deadonarrival
Thanks for that. I decided to leave it with just three :smile:

:gthumb:
Original post by Annora
Any grads received a work experience questionnaire yet? I haven't heard anything.

Apparently we won't hear anything from Nottingham until the GAMSAT results are out. Frustrating!
I hear interviews start in November, so we must start hearing back from Notts soon :smile:
Reply 210
Hi guys,
I have applied to Notts to the 6-year foundation medicine. Yesterday, I completed the questionnaire online on the applications portal, however I forgot to print out the review section (even though I kept telling myself to print it), I am really anxious now and can't remember some of the answers I put down.

Can somebody please upload screenshots of the questionnaire, empty (no answers), as it might help me to remember the answers (while some are still fresh in my mind), I promise I will keep it to myself only.

Pleaasssssssee help!!!!!!
Original post by casio1
Hi guys,
I have applied to Notts to the 6-year foundation medicine. Yesterday, I completed the questionnaire online on the applications portal, however I forgot to print out the review section (even though I kept telling myself to print it), I am really anxious now and can't remember some of the answers I put down.

Can somebody please upload screenshots of the questionnaire, empty (no answers), as it might help me to remember the answers (while some are still fresh in my mind), I promise I will keep it to myself only.

No one is aloud to do that. They'd be giving present and future applicants an unfair advantage and could get in trouble with notts.

My advice to you is what's done is done. No point in going back. It's not like you can change your answers. Just focus on your a levels now and if you've got other uni questionnaires or whatever to fill out just focus on those. :smile:
Original post by casio1
Hi guys,

Don't worry, I couldn't remember a bloody thing about the questionnaire when it came to interview time.
Reply 213
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Don't worry, I couldn't remember a bloody thing about the questionnaire when it came to interview time.

really??? did they ask you any questions relating to the contents of the questionnaire, or not?
Original post by casio1
really??? did they ask you any questions relating to the contents of the questionnaire, or not?

Couldn't rightly tell you, somebody who has been through the process more recently may be able to give a better answer. Not remembering anything certainly didn't seem to hinder me, though.
Original post by casio1

I didn't get any questions relating to the questionnaire :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by colabottles
I didn't get any questions relating to the questionnaire :smile:

hi:smile: seeing as you are a notts applicant, can you give me any tips at to the interview preparation - or if there will be a tour before interview?

(assuming i get one - small chance but hopefully)

my parents couldn't take me to the one earlier in the year, and they don't seem to organise their own ones as it's busy?

BUT i've researched it + love the uni, the style, and how the course is
Original post by justdoit1
hi:smile: seeing as you are a notts applicant, can you give me any tips at to the interview preparation - or if there will be a tour before interview?

(assuming i get one - small chance but hopefully)

my parents couldn't take me to the one earlier in the year, and they don't seem to organise their own ones as it's busy?

BUT i've researched it + love the uni, the style, and how the course is

hey

in an acknowledgement email Nottingham said:

At around 12, two medical students will take you around a tour of the medical school which lasts 45min.
After this tour,interviews will start at 1.30
Original post by kimmey

Original post by kimmey
im struggling to understand all this

what do we mean when we say the NHS is becoming privatised. also how do all these private healthcare trusts make their money ? thanks

Oh my days... I've just come across you again by accident on this thread. DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF!
Nottingham said they'd start interviewing mid November. If they do that's a pretty poor amount of notice they're giving us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending