The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London BSc Business Management 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I believe Bath to have a more solid program but King's has the London factor. As I told you in the other thread, you should have a good chance at both as long as you have a really good PS, especially with King's.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by scaredofexams
I only want to apply for one out of these - Kings or Bath? Someone please help! Predicted A*AA - I'm sure if I have enough to get into either :frown:

Hey!! Im applying for King's as well but I am a bit concerned if it is really that good, or its just reputation.. I have looked up on the internet and its student satisfaction is 3,9/5... What do you think it means? Because its either the level of teaching or the environment. But rather the former, ebcause I heard many good things about its social life.

Im considering Bath, Manchester, Leeds and York.
My problems are the followings:
Bath has 70.000 people there which is quite few...
Manchester is an industrial city, which means its ugly.
Leeds--> I have not heard anything of it!
York--> same as Leeds.

If you heard anything of these or you have any advice please let me know!!! Thanks
Original post by lolesz13
Hey!! Im applying for King's as well but I am a bit concerned if it is really that good, or its just reputation.. I have looked up on the internet and its student satisfaction is 3,9/5... What do you think it means? Because its either the level of teaching or the environment. But rather the former, ebcause I heard many good things about its social life.

Im considering Bath, Manchester, Leeds and York.
My problems are the followings:
Bath has 70.000 people there which is quite few...
Manchester is an industrial city, which means its ugly.
Leeds--> I have not heard anything of it!
York--> same as Leeds.

If you heard anything of these or you have any advice please let me know!!! Thanks

Hello :smile:

I really want to work in London as that is where all the amazing jobs are, if you go to a uni in London you are more likely yo get industry contacts :smile:

70,000 people at the uni????

I hated Manchester because it had sooo many students, as Manchester and Manchester Met were right next door to each other. I'm going to apply, and hopefully send my application off tomorrow but I think I'm applying too late :frown: All of my friends sent their application off AGES ago :frown:

Yes I agree with you! I have heard that the uni is for 'posher' people, and I am not that but I just want the best possible. What are your predicted grades? I'm worried my GCSE's will let me down and that I'm wasting a choice if I have no chance what-so-ever :frown:

York is meant to be a really nice place to live :smile:
Reply 23
Go for King's, you'll be fine if you have a good PS.
Reply 24
Has anyone received an offer/rejection as of yet or is it going to be March/April when we hear?
Reply 25
Yep I got my answer and so did someone else, not sure about people out of TSR though.
I've just sent my application! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Hello :smile:

I really want to work in London as that is where all the amazing jobs are, if you go to a uni in London you are more likely yo get industry contacts :smile:

70,000 people at the uni????

I hated Manchester because it had sooo many students, as Manchester and Manchester Met were right next door to each other. I'm going to apply, and hopefully send my application off tomorrow but I think I'm applying too late :frown: All of my friends sent their application off AGES ago :frown:

Yes I agree with you! I have heard that the uni is for 'posher' people, and I am not that but I just want the best possible. What are your predicted grades? I'm worried my GCSE's will let me down and that I'm wasting a choice if I have no chance what-so-ever :frown:

York is meant to be a really nice place to live :smile:

Hello!

hm.. where to start... first, my grades are quiet good, I cannot write you down, because you wont get anything of it, since we have a whole different system, but I have the best grades of every subjects. But I dont think it would matter that much... It does not give a picture of your real knowledge...So I'd rather say the focus is on the PS!

About the application... I don't understand if it matters how late we submit it? I mean, will I get fewer chances to get in if I send it off in December (rather at the end:P)
Iam trying to start my PS, but I just cant... I dont want neither to brag and nor to philosophize... The latter would be easier though:biggrin:
But I am trying to send it off within 3 weeks...

What else.. I don't really know where I should write my predicted grades and current grades? I have made a chart of it, but where should I attach it? I cannot find any places for it on the UCAS....

About the unis... I heard fairly good things about King's but noone has mentioned that it would be posh... My biggest concern about King's that its focus is not on the Business Management, rather on the War studies... who knows...there is this other school, LSE... which is amoung the top-unis.. But my friend (who studied there) told me that its full of nerds who go home after school... Since the environment is what makes you feel happy there it is very important for me.. Most likely Im not going to apply for LSE...

About York...Have you heard anything of it? Is it like a family-friendly, peaceful small town or is it more for students? I heard that it is good at making chocolate which is absolutely a positive point:biggrin:

Uhmm.. Manchester... So you have some experiences, but don't you think that it is depressing? To tell the truth this uni has a very good reputation as well, and I also found the best-matching course...

Aditionally, I have found two totally different unis that I hadnt heard of so far: Kingston and Kent.According to some kind of ranking these are amoung the top unis in the field of Business,Management...Any info about them?

so.. that's it for now.. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Bud Fox
Yep I got my answer and so did someone else, not sure about people out of TSR though.

Massive congratulations, though it was expected! Have you got an Oxford interview yet?
Original post by Choppyy
Has anyone received an offer/rejection as of yet or is it going to be March/April when we hear?

Uhm I got my offer about a week and half ago, so yeah :smile: they reply pretty fast.
Reply 30
Original post by Veronique:-)
Uhm I got my offer about a week and half ago, so yeah :smile: they reply pretty fast.

Are you a UK student? When did you apply? I'm getting nervous about it all now!
Reply 31
I don't think she's applied for BM...
Reply 32
Does anybody know where I can talk about school projects, campaign, competition, scholarships on the UCAS? I can add a school to the Education section and then then a module but it asks me to give an exam type and grade but what if there is no exam and grade? Do they ask only the schools and courses I have attended, or can I type others too? I really got lost in my application..I have written my CV for some time now and then it turns out that they dont ask for it...
Aditionally, could anyone tell me if that is ok if I apply for Economics in some schools and in others for Business Management or combined courses?
The problem is that there are some schools that dont have either Economics or Busiess Management and what I look for is a combined course, but since it is very rarely I apply for what they have in this field...
What do you think??

And one more thing... Anyone heard of Bristol? Positive, negative factors?

Thank you guys!!!
Original post by Choppyy
Are you a UK student? When did you apply? I'm getting nervous about it all now!

Nope, international student. I live in Kenya. I applied on the 13th of October (oxbridge early application requirements) and then only received my application about 3 weeks or a month later, idk. But on the day that they received it, they sent me an e-mail saying my application was being processed and then a few hours later that evening, I got an offer :smile:

I hope you get yours soon :smile:
Does anybody know where I can talk about school projects, campaign, competition, scholarships on the UCAS? I can add a school to the Education section and then then a module but it asks me to give an exam type and grade but what if there is no exam and grade? Do they ask only the schools and courses I have attended, or can I type others too? I really got lost in my application..I have written my CV for some time now and then it turns out that they dont ask for it...
Aditionally, could anyone tell me if that is ok if I apply for Economics in some schools and in others for Business Management or combined courses?
The problem is that there are some schools that dont have either Economics or Busiess Management and what I look for is a combined course, but since it is very rarely I apply for what they have in this field...
What do you think??

And one more thing... Anyone heard of Bristol? Positive, negative factors?

Thank you guys!!!

You can only talk about school competitions etc in your personal statement, and yes of course it is - just mix them both in your ps. I applied for business, pr and marketing :smile:
Reply 35
You can only talk about school competitions etc in your personal statement, and yes of course it is - just mix them both in your ps. I applied for business, pr and marketing :smile:

You mean I should write that I apply for this and this, because of the followings...???

Doesnt it worsen my PS if I apply for different courses?I mean, the main subjects are quite the same, they have just different names...
You mean I should write that I apply for this and this, because of the followings...???

Doesnt it worsen my PS if I apply for different courses?I mean, the main subjects are quite the same, they have just different names...

Sorry it took me so long to reply! Nope I just talked about my future career path and integrated all of the subjects of the degree's into it. Saying I like ...... within business etc
Anyone had an offer yet?
Reply 38
Me.
Reply 39
I haven't had an offer yet, send mine off on 15th of November and King's recieved my application on the 16th, and I haven't heard anything since. Got an offer from Manchester and Newcastle, but waiting on the other 3 :/

Quick Reply