UCL Geography 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just got rejected!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
SO HAPPY... Got an invitation to a selection days yesterday. They sent me two - one for Geography and one for Economics and Geography!!
Original post by harrymaxwell
SO HAPPY... Got an invitation to a selection days yesterday. They sent me two - one for Geography and one for Economics and Geography!!

Well done mate! I've applied for geog too and had nothing through. :frown: When did you send your UCAS? : )
Reply 23

what were your GCSE results and a level predictions? well done by the way!!!
Reply 24

Woah well done! I got a open day selection thing for Economics and Geography the other week :smile:
But I'm really not sure what the interview thing entails? Do you reckon the interview is like reading a article and discussing or talking about your personal statement or a mixture of both? Or is it more tutorial?
Thanks
x
Reply 25
Original post by deadwr0ng

Original post by deadwr0ng
what were your GCSE results and a level predictions? well done by the way!!!

Not sure if this helps but I got a selection thing too and I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE with predictions for A*A*A
x
Got a invited to selection day today - surprised, and very happy.

For those interested, I sent my UCAS on 10th November, and have 4 A*s 6A's 1B and 1C at GCSE, and I am predicted AAA.
Reply 27
I understand they run both mock tutorials and one to one interviews at UCL, will it say specifically on the letter which one you have or do you find out on the day? I received an invite to the selection day today but it doesn't mention one to one interviews anywhere on it.. thanks.

With regret, YOU'RE FIRED!
Original post by rh7tk8
wooo got a selection day invitation! :colondollar:

Does anyone know what the interview entails? From the letter I didn't get the impression it was a one on one thing...? :confused:

Reading it, I got the feeling there was no one on one interivew, and that we would be assess by this 'mock tutorial'. Scary!! :eek:
So how many of you did Geography edexcle at gcse? :biggrin:
Original post by rh7tk8

Original post by rh7tk8
AQA all the way

lol that had a level errors!
Reply 32
Got a conditional offer from UCL for the Geography Bsc (international) course! They haven't emailed me but it changed on my UCAS.
Bit worried though...shouldn't I have got an invitation thingy too?
Don't expect UCL's Geography admin staff to be that quick - their email comms can be bloody terrible.
Reply 34
Original post by rh7tk8

Original post by rh7tk8
Wow, I am very jealous!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your grades/predictions?

GCSE: 7A*s 2As
AS: AABB
A level predictions: AAAA

Good luck to you!!
Reply 35
Original post by TirionJen
Got a conditional offer from UCL for the Geography Bsc (international) course! They haven't emailed me but it changed on my UCAS.
Bit worried though...shouldn't I have got an invitation thingy too?

omg well done!!!!! so so unbelievably jealous!!!
Reply 36
I have the invitation to the open day thing for economics and geography. It's quite late, February or March !
Reply 37
Original post by fbarkley
I have the invitation to the open day thing for economics and geography. It's quite late, February or March !

does that consist of a one to one interview do you think?
Reply 38
My letter was so confusing! It suggested it was a group thing like a tutorial, discussion stuff.
But then at the end said all 'interviews' will be finished by 4:30pm.
So I'm not sure!
Reply 39
Original post by sophiemdt
My letter was so confusing! It suggested it was a group thing like a tutorial, discussion stuff.
But then at the end said all 'interviews' will be finished by 4:30pm.
So I'm not sure!

same! best to prepare just in case!

Quick Reply