The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college nurses and midwives 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I GOT OFFERED A PLACE A KING'S!!!!!!!! It came yesterday, about half 7pm. Conditional on me passing my course. Hope everyone else gets some great news xxxxxxxx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by crombaut
Any offers?????? xx

Hi sorry didn't see this....I got a place yeah(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it's conditional on me passing my course with 30 credits at level 3 distinction. Thats 10 modules and I already have at least 5 I think, so I'm really excited. How about you, heard anything yet?
xxxxxx
Hey ive got an interview for mental health nursing on 15th feb, anyone else!?
xx
Reply 23
hi Lillai23,

pls i just want to ask about what the topic of discussion at Kings was? I am so nervous, i applied for midwifery and am not so good with group discussions.:mad: this is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Reply 24
i applied for midwifery at kings, southbank, kingston, surrey and greenwich but surrey and greenwcih both rejected my applications. Just yesterday i got an acknowledgement from Kings about my application. so am patiently waiting for an interview from any of the UNI.
I am so nervous>>.
Reply 25
well done stobes, I got same offer.... :smile: Exciting stuff hey!
Reply 26
Original post by Belleace
hi Lillai23,

pls i just want to ask about what the topic of discussion at Kings was? I am so nervous, i applied for midwifery and am not so good with group discussions.:mad: this is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Relax, the Kings selection day was amazing! Everyone is SUPER friendly and really helps take the pressure off, In my group the assessors were lovely and were encouraging and so friendly and we all did well. :smile:
Remember to listen before you speak, dont speak over someone, if you do let them go first, but dont forget them if you end up speaking first..

it was a lovely day and i felt it went really well and I got an offer :smile: Just enjoy it :smile:

(alternatively- rescue remedy pastilles work a charm! :smile:- just dont take too many!! )
Reply 27
Original post by Stobes2509
Hi sorry didn't see this....I got a place yeah(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it's conditional on me passing my course with 30 credits at level 3 distinction. Thats 10 modules and I already have at least 5 I think, so I'm really excited. How about you, heard anything yet?
xxxxxx

YES. well done!! :smile: I got an offer too :smile: firming it :smile: super excited :smile: xxxx
Reply 28
WE HAVE STARTED A KINGS COLLEGE MIDWIVES GROUP ON FACEBOOK!!!

if you private message me your names i'll add you all :smile: xx
Reply 29
Omg this all so exciting now.
Its mad i was sooo terrified about going and now I've/We've got a place, AMAZING! Good Luck everyone else who has selection days.
As is said above the discussions are a breeze. Same advice as above, but all the Kings people on the day tell you the same thing. Topic was the usual what issues do nurses face today? How would you react in this situation? You are all put into the groups you will have the discussion in before you walk over to the waterloo campus and my group just took that time to learn everyones names and get to know each other a bit more. I was so relaxed going into which i just did not expect! Just enjoy it and wear flat shoes, because if you do the 2 campus tours available you won't want to be wearing heels!!

GOOD LUCK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 30
Original post by Sophiemaybabe

Original post by Sophiemaybabe
Hey ive got an interview for mental health nursing on 15th feb, anyone else!?
xx

Hey, I have been invited for an interview for mental health on 15th of feb too!! i am so nervous :s-smilie:
I applied at the start of November or Adult Nursing at King's, and have heard absolutely nothing. Is it likely that I have been rejected and that they haven't told me yet?
Reply 32
I just firmed kings for adult nursing (conditional BBB) so see some of you in September hopefully.. :-)
Reply 33
I hope i get an interview soon. I applied for midwifery too and my tutor has been discouraging me. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. x
Reply 34
Original post by Belleace
i applied for midwifery at kings, southbank, kingston, surrey and greenwich but surrey and greenwcih both rejected my applications. Just yesterday i got an acknowledgement from Kings about my application. so am patiently waiting for an interview from any of the UNI.
I am so nervous>>.

Hii, when is your interview for southbank? Mine is on 9th feb! And how long did it take you after applying to hear back from kings?? I had my acknowledgement email a couple of months ago?

x
Reply 35
I have a selection day on the 29th February? Can anyone tell me what sort of essay questions you had at other selection days?
Reply 36
Hey everyone! :smile: will be attending selection day at King's on the 29th of February, and really don't know what to expect. Can anyone tell me what sort of topics the group discussion will be on? Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by lillai23

Original post by lillai23
Hi all,

I was at King's yesterday for the selection day too, for children's nursing. Thought it went ok-ish, but everyone else in my group seemed really competent & we had a good group discussion, so I don't know how they decide.And it's hard not having an individual interview where you get to sell yourself better! So am not getting my hope's up because I know it's a tough place to get in to.
I also had an interview at LSBU a month ago & have been given a conditional offer. That interview went well, the maths & English tests aren't that bad & the interview itself was very relaxed & they ask the usual questions - why do you want to be a nurse,what experience do you have etc, and some random questions they pick out like what do you understand about diversity.
I've also sat maths & english tests today for Middlesex Uni which were a bit harder than LSBU & King's but still not that bad. They have a different system where if you pass the tests you get called back another day for interview.

Finger's crossed for you all :smile:

Hi all,

I was just wondering what sort of questions came up for numeracy and literacy test. what was the topic you were given for group discussion.....
Reply 38
Hi everyone,
I have applied to study Midwifery at Kings this year and still haven't heard anything :frown: do you think this means i wont be invited for a selection day or do you think there will be more? Anyone else still waiting to hear from them?
Reply 39
Original post by Bless
Hi all,

I was just wondering what sort of questions came up for numeracy and literacy test. what was the topic you were given for group discussion.....

The numeracy and literacy tests were pretty much the same as the mock ones given to you (just different values). The group discussion topic was about contraception in schools.

I got an unconditional offer for King's as well so am really excited! Good luck to yu all x

Quick Reply

Latest