The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Any Politics/Parliamentary Studies current students out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Maddog Jones
Heh, same - I was shocked when I read that - my grades aren't great.

Looking forward to the interview though :smile:

Mines at 3oclock on the 8th. May see you there! My grades at AS were okay, 200/200 in Politics and 191/200 in History, but been rejected from Bristol so there must be something wrong with my statement.. which is worrying! Hopefully they don't grill me too much :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by harrisonJT
Mines at 3oclock on the 8th. May see you there! My grades at AS were okay, 200/200 in Politics and 191/200 in History, but been rejected from Bristol so there must be something wrong with my statement.. which is worrying! Hopefully they don't grill me too much :smile:

How d'you know what time yours is? Don't think mine had it on the letter, it asked me to ring them to confirm I was coming for interview.
Reply 42
Lol I got a letter today. They're offering me Politics instead as an alternative offer. I'm fine about it :smile: I just emailed the woman in charge asking for feedback which would be helpful.
Reply 43
Original post by Maddog Jones
How d'you know what time yours is? Don't think mine had it on the letter, it asked me to ring them to confirm I was coming for interview.

It says on my letter 3 o'clock :smile:
Original post by harrisonJT
It says on my letter 3 o'clock :smile:

Oh yeah, same - missed in my excitement of receiving an interview - so yes, it's 3pm for me too - see you there!
AHHH we have good chances of getting in :biggrin: Im so EXCITED :biggrin:
Original post by faithxfaye
Lol I got a letter today. They're offering me Politics instead as an alternative offer. I'm fine about it :smile: I just emailed the woman in charge asking for feedback which would be helpful.

Well done, mdear :biggrin: are you going to take it?

I feel left out on the 9th guys! Wish we all had the same day D:
and snap harrison I got 200 in Pol too :biggrin:
Am I the only one who didn't get 200/200? O.o

Looks like I have a lot to prove at this interview!
Reply 48
Got History Coursework due the same day so really don't have a lot of time to prepare! How are you all preparing?
My politics teacher is a complete babe so he did a session with me the other day running through all current policies and whats going on in the world. He's also giving me a mock interview next wednesday :biggrin:

I'm also lucky enough to know a girl who's on the course. She talked to me all about her interview two years ago and what she experienced (although I doubt it'll be quite the same now) so I'm feeling okay about it at the moment :smile:

I think the key thing is to know Westminster like the back of your hand!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm just practising some likely questions, going over my personal statement etc - the usual!
Reply 51
I got the alternative offer of straight Politics which I'm fairly happy about, as I got rejected by Newcastle last week too! I already intern in Westminster with a Labour MP in the holidays so I'm planning on just keeping in touch with them and going down when I can so hopefully I'll have a job after uni without doing the Parl Studies bit!
Reply 52
Original post by Georgiana1605
Well done, mdear :biggrin: are you going to take it?

I feel left out on the 9th guys! Wish we all had the same day D:
and snap harrison I got 200 in Pol too :biggrin:

Yeah I took it, it's on track now! Good luck on your interview, you will do fine :wink: i've onky had one uni interview which was for cambridge pps, so i could be a bit of help
Reply 53
Still find it really strange how Leeds Politics department is ranked so low, when it has such an amazing course to offer!
Georgiana I have my interview on the 9th too. Is yours at 3pm? Are we all interviewed by seperate people? Congrats on getting an interview xx
Original post by samanthakmx
Georgiana I have my interview on the 9th too. Is yours at 3pm? Are we all interviewed by seperate people? Congrats on getting an interview xx

Congrats to you too! Nooo I'm at 12pm :frown: it would have been nice to meet people from here! And idk much about it. I imagine it to be individual but interviewed by the same people. Otherwise they can't judge fairly?

What are people wearing? I'm thinking of suiting up.
Oh that's annoying :frown: well good luck! Yeah that's how I think it'll be too.

I'm going to suit it up I think - that's what my school advises and we wear suits to school anyway so it'd make sense. I'm just worried I'll get totally lost trying to find the office!
Good luck to you too, love!

Yesss I wear one for school too so it won't be too out of the ordinary for me. Haha, I've been on an open day and went in the politics buildingy thing, so I think (hope) I know where I'm going >.>
Reply 58
I'm actually really excited for this - my only interview experience. Hopefully my words come out as I've prepared them..!
Guys what have you revised for these interviews?! D: I've had a last minute panic that I don't know what to look at!! Help :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest