The Student Room Group

2012 *OFFICIAL* Sheffield 5yr Interviews /Offers/Rejections

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone ask when they will start making decisions?
Reply 81
Just got an offer letter in the post today!!

Track has not yet updated.

Best of luck to everyone, Iv got my fingers crossed!!!!
Reply 82
Original post by chilly23
Just got an offer letter in the post today!!

Track has not yet updated.

Best of luck to everyone, Iv got my fingers crossed!!!!

Would you choose Sheffield 5 year 2012 entry or UCLan 4 year 2013 entry?
Reply 83
Original post by Framingham
Would you choose Sheffield 5 year 2012 entry or UCLan 4 year 2013 entry?

Not a clue!!

I probably need to fit some head-scratching inbetween my degree work to suss out where I want to go...

Never been in this position before... Had straight rejections 3 years previously = 4th time lucky :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
EEEEEEEH just got my offer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 85
Nothing in the post from sheffield today, guess that's another rejection. Well done to everyone that has received an offer.
Reply 86
Original post by indiankid1
Nothing in the post from sheffield today, guess that's another rejection. Well done to everyone that has received an offer.

Royalmail have a habit of being slow particularly when you are expecting something really important. Sheffield did say they aimed to notify everyone inside 3 weeks, so Id sit tight till end of the month or give them a call?

Best of luck!!
Reply 87
Offer in the post today :smile: so happy, deffo firming, where are people applying for accommodation?
Reply 88
I got an offer through the post on Saturday and it said that details of the offer are available on UCAS track, however, my track hasn't been updated yet? has anybody else's? I think I'm going to apply for endcliffe village :smile: definitely firming sheffield too!
Reply 89
my track has not updated yet either :s-smilie:
Reply 90
Original post by chilly23
Royalmail have a habit of being slow particularly when you are expecting something really important. Sheffield did say they aimed to notify everyone inside 3 weeks, so Id sit tight till end of the month or give them a call?

Best of luck!!

Okay turns out I was being a drama queen, got my offer in the post today, and my track has updated too woohoo! Thank you for the reassurance haha :smile:
Reply 91
Okay turns out I was being a drama queen, got my offer in the post today, and my track has updated too woohoo! Thank you for the reassurance haha :smile:

haha! Really well done :smile:

Mine is still not updated :/

You firming sheffield?

Good to hear, you firming?
Original post by khmaxwell
I got an offer through the post on Saturday and it said that details of the offer are available on UCAS track, however, my track hasn't been updated yet? has anybody else's? I think I'm going to apply for endcliffe village :smile: definitely firming sheffield too!

Don't worry everyone's in same position I think, yeah endcliffe is really nice, cycle track direct to the dental school too!
Reply 94
Hey, so on track it says AAA including Biology and Chemistry, no mention of my 3rd A level English Lit or anything saying it excludes general studies, will this offer include general studies then???? anyone else thinking the same?
Reply 95
"A levels:
The minimum requirement for entry onto the programme is AAA, including Chemistry and Biology.
The third A level may be in any subject. At Sheffield we do not give preference to any particular subject for this third A-level choice. Similarly preference is not given to applicants who are taking 4 A-levels or additional AS levels."

So looks like general studies or eng lit at grade A including A's in Chem and Bio will secure your offer
Reply 96
thanks, i read that too but just wanted to make sure others read it in the same way, i already have an A in general studies so i thought it seemed too generous :s thanks though :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 97
Where do people think is good for accommodation? Which one is close to the dental school/ the city centre? X
Original post by liketeeth
Where do people think is good for accommodation? Which one is close to the dental school/ the city centre? X

Endcliffe seemed the nicest when I visited, most of the city centre accommodation is international student so there not do much of a community
Reply 99
Original post by Patchey1000
Endcliffe seemed the nicest when I visited, most of the city centre accommodation is international student so there not do much of a community

ahh okay thankyou, i havent looked round the accommodation, might make a trip up to sheffield soon but yeah from looking on the website i'm thinking endcliffe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest