The Student Room Group

I haven't received a reply to my application to Bristol uni yet (law) WHY!?

I applied to Bristol uni (to do Law) back in October, and although they couldn't consider me until January (because that's when I sat my LNAT), I still haven't received a reply on UCAS track. I sent the undergrad admin an email at the beginning of March asking whether or not there were any problems with accessing my LNAT result, and they replied saying there were no issues but that my application has been sent on for consideration. It's now March 12th and I am yet to get an answer! I'm worrying because I want to know whether I have an offer or not yet so I can make a final decision on my firm and insurance places and then apply for accomodation and do my student finance- so hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting my first choice accomodation and ensure there are no delays with my student finance. AHH!
I've already got offers from
Reading: AAB
Cardiff: AAA
Newcastle: AAA
Nottingham: AAA

At the moment I am thinking that my first choice will be either Cardiff or Nottingham, but that could change depending on whether or not I get an offer from Bristol.

Is anyone else waiting on a reply from Bristol? I've heard they take a long time to get back to you- but this is starting to get ridiculous. :angry:
Reply 1
A lot of people are still waiting for replies, don't stress! Universities have until the end of May to decide. If you're really that worried e-mail them, but you know they'll have to give you a reply eventually, right? Just be patient :smile:
Original post by emily_e
I applied to Bristol uni (to do Law) back in October, and although they couldn't consider me until January (because that's when I sat my LNAT), I still haven't received a reply on UCAS track. I sent the undergrad admin an email at the beginning of March asking whether or not there were any problems with accessing my LNAT result, and they replied saying there were no issues but that my application has been sent on for consideration. It's now March 12th and I am yet to get an answer! I'm worrying because I want to know whether I have an offer or not yet so I can make a final decision on my firm and insurance places and then apply for accomodation and do my student finance- so hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting my first choice accomodation and ensure there are no delays with my student finance. AHH!
I've already got offers from
Reading: AAB
Cardiff: AAA
Newcastle: AAA
Nottingham: AAA

At the moment I am thinking that my first choice will be either Cardiff or Nottingham, but that could change depending on whether or not I get an offer from Bristol.

Is anyone else waiting on a reply from Bristol? I've heard they take a long time to get back to you- but this is starting to get ridiculous. :angry:

Stress not :cool:

When I applied to uni I applied beginning of October and got my final answer back at the end of April! It's not unheard of.

If Bristol drag out beyond the deadline then you'll get an extended deadline for getting back to all your offers - you're not going to be asked to make a decision before you have all your responses from unis.

Accommodation isn't going to get allocated this early on so you're not missing out because you don't know where you're going yet. Same as student finance - so long as you apply before the deadline, they (theoretically) can't leave you stranded.

Lots of people are still waiting :smile:
Reply 3
I have offers from everywhere except bristol for engineering... taking their sweet time!!!
Reply 4
Bristol are taking the piiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss. I applied in December and still haven't heard back.
Original post by Beanbengo
I have offers from everywhere except bristol for engineering... taking their sweet time!!!

bean, im in the same boat as you for engineering.....if owt changes ill let you know.
Reply 6
Don't worry I applied and did my LNAT in October and only got a reply from Bristol a week or so ago. Hang in there!
Reply 7
For all of you worried out there,

As a Bristol resident, I can confirm that Bristol insists on waiting until they receive all potential applications before allocating their seats. They're known for that. If in doubt, give them a ring.
I think its awful that the post-offer day for law has been and gone even though loads of people didnt have offers till after that date .

I'm one of those people :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Like a BAWS
I think its awful that the post-offer day for law has been and gone even though loads of people didnt have offers till after that date .

I'm one of those people :frown:

Have all the dates gone? That's really bad of them if so!

Quick Reply

Latest