The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fudgesundae
It's finally official. ESPN reporting that the colts have told Luck they want him to be their number 1 pick.

He will be a great QB.
On another note i got my own authentic game wear Patriots jersey today from the shop. Was looking forward to it throughout this holiday shame the season is over :frown:
So excited for the draft! :dance:

Going to make a few predictions here as well on who my Rams will pick in the first 3 rounds:

Justin Blackmon in the 1st round
Zach Brown & Kendall Reyes/Jerel Worthy in the 2nd round
Mitchell Schwartz/Bobbie Massie in the 3rd

It's so exciting supporting a rebuilding team! :biggrin:
Interesting rumours flying around. Some people say Kalil could drop a few spots and Blackmon could fall down if the Rams go with Fletcher Cox at 6.

Courtney Upshaw seems to be dropping down the board for some reason. Would love it if the Pats could pick him up at 27.

I'm hoping the Pats can pick up 2 of Upshaw, Brockers and Hightower. Would seriously help our pass rush, thinking we may need a safety instead of one of them though.

Also the 49ers should go for Fleener. Him and Davis could form a TE partnership to rival ours.

Also, anyone know where I can catch the draft on Thursday? In the UK, so it is about 1am over here.
Interesting rumours flying around. Some people say Kalil could drop a few spots and Blackmon could fall down if the Rams go with Fletcher Cox at 6.

Courtney Upshaw seems to be dropping down the board for some reason. Would love it if the Pats could pick him up at 27.

I'm hoping the Pats can pick up 2 of Upshaw, Brockers and Hightower. Would seriously help our pass rush, thinking we may need a safety instead of one of them though.

Also the 49ers should go for Fleener. Him and Davis could form a TE partnership to rival ours.

Also, anyone know where I can catch the draft on Thursday? In the UK, so it is about 1am over here.

Mmm i would agree if we could get Upshaw and either Brockers or Hightower that would be amazing but i doubt we would so maybe one of them and Mark Barron although i am not convinced about him. Really want them to go get Janoris Jenkins.
Original post by johnharris19944
Mmm i would agree if we could get Upshaw and either Brockers or Hightower that would be amazing but i doubt we would so maybe one of them and Mark Barron although i am not convinced about him. Really want them to go get Janoris Jenkins.

I reckon Upshaw will definitely be there at 27 for us. Brockers may also be there and the one we don't pick will probably get taken by the Packers. If the Steelers don't take Hightower, there is every possibility he will be there at 31. There is also Nick Perry the DE who we could get.

I reckon if anyone get sort out Janoris Jenkins it is Belichick. It would be a big risk but could be very good if it pays off.
I reckon Upshaw will definitely be there at 27 for us. Brockers may also be there and the one we don't pick will probably get taken by the Packers. If the Steelers don't take Hightower, there is every possibility he will be there at 31. There is also Nick Perry the DE who we could get.

I reckon if anyone get sort out Janoris Jenkins it is Belichick. It would be a big risk but could be very good if it pays off.

I agree its whether Belichick feels its worth the risk of taking him. The guy has huge upside if he could stay out of trouble though thats another thing... Then again with Ras i dowling coming back it could almost be like a new signing of a cornerback anyway since he only played one game last season.

What do you think of Harrison smith for safety he seems pretty good? Also Whitney Mercilius they could be good for us ?
Kalil at anything below 3 is a steal. Tannehill at 8 is not really a reach, but not inspired either.

Those are my draft opinions.
Original post by The Troll Toll
Kalil at anything below 3 is a steal. Tannehill at 8 is not really a reach, but not inspired either.

Those are my draft opinions.

Agreed why though is Kalil dropping further i dont get it?
I agree its whether Belichick feels its worth the risk of taking him. The guy has huge upside if he could stay out of trouble though thats another thing... Then again with Ras i dowling coming back it could almost be like a new signing of a cornerback anyway since he only played one game last season.

true, if we were going to bolster our secondary I think the pick would be better spent on the secondary.

What do you think of Harrison smith for safety he seems pretty good? Also Whitney Mercilius they could be good for us ?

Harrison smith is probably the best we could be looking at safety wise in the draft. Mark Barron would never slide to where we were. I would prefer to trade up to get Barron though, if we were to keep the two picks as they were I think they would be better spent on pass rush. Mercilus looks pretty good, but I prefer Hightower and Upshaw for their versatility and Brockers has just got freakish athletic abilities. If he had stayed at LSU for another year, Brockers would probably be a top 10 pick.
Agreed why though is Kalil dropping further i dont get it?

One of the Viking's front office (maybe the GM?) said they were looking for game-changers and said that left tackles are not game changers like QB, WR, RB who will score you points.

Still reckon they will take him though. He can secure their left side for 10+ years.
Probably *******s. Anyone taking Blackmon over Kalil is mental. Anyone taking any RB over Kalil is also mental even if it's Walter Payton gene spliced with AP with extra getting away from the cops speed.
true, if we were going to bolster our secondary I think the pick would be better spent on the secondary.

Harrison smith is probably the best we could be looking at safety wise in the draft. Mark Barron would never slide to where we were. I would prefer to trade up to get Barron though, if we were to keep the two picks as they were I think they would be better spent on pass rush. Mercilus looks pretty good, but I prefer Hightower and Upshaw for their versatility and Brockers has just got freakish athletic abilities. If he had stayed at LSU for another year, Brockers would probably be a top 10 pick.

Yeah i think Harrison is the best safety we could look at. I really want Bill to go and get Jenkins but i dont think they will. If he turns out to be a stud and cleans up his act teams are going to kick themselves.

I agree about Brockers the dude is a monster and if we were to get him i would be thrilled.
Yeah i think Harrison is the best safety we could look at. I really want Bill to go and get Jenkins but i dont think they will. If he turns out to be a stud and cleans up his act teams are going to kick themselves.

I agree about Brockers the dude is a monster and if we were to get him i would be thrilled.

We also have number 48 and 62. From what I have been reading Harrison could still be available at 62, unlikely but would be glorious for us if he was. And Jenkins could well fall to 48 given the concerns so many teams have about him.

Hightower, Upshaw/Brockers, Jenkins and Smith would be such a beastly 2 rounds for us. Very unlikely we could get all 4 though, 3 out of 4 may be possible.
We also have number 48 and 62. From what I have been reading Harrison could still be available at 62, unlikely but would be glorious for us if he was. And Jenkins could well fall to 48 given the concerns so many teams have about him.

Hightower, Upshaw/Brockers, Jenkins and Smith would be such a beastly 2 rounds for us. Very unlikely we could get all 4 though, 3 out of 4 may be possible.

Oh good god if we got all 4 i think that would be a miracle. Really really hoping Bill does not trade the picks for next years :frown:
Oh good god if we got all 4 i think that would be a miracle. Really really hoping Bill does not trade the picks for next years :frown:

same, there is some really good defensive talent in this draft.
Browns Front Office seems to be just looking at BPA, and suggesting they've narrowed it to 2 players where the Vikings will have to leave 1. I think that's gotta be Kalil or Claiborne.

Also more Saints drama:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

I don't understand why he'd do this; there'll clearly be a huge punishment, and there's no real advantage.
One of the Viking's front office (maybe the GM?) said they were looking for game-changers and said that left tackles are not game changers like QB, WR, RB who will score you points.

Still reckon they will take him though. He can secure their left side for 10+ years.

I think it's just a smokescreen. Of course the Vikings are taking Kalil.

As for Smith, I really like the guy. The thing people forget about him is that he was the defensive captain for his team, heart and soul of that team. I'd love it if the Rams took him with one of their 2nd round picks.
Reply 3958
This is one of the first drafts I have no idea what my Hawks are drafting. We need a pass rusher - Coples, Ingram? Not sure if I'd really like to have em both in Seattle, and Coples may not even be around 12th spot...Linebacker? Must be a reach if we draft one. I'd say we should trade pick away, but Schneider said he won't, so idk.
Reply 3959
Original post by quadsas
This is one of the first drafts I have no idea what my Hawks are drafting. We need a pass rusher - Coples, Ingram? Not sure if I'd really like to have em both in Seattle, and Coples may not even be around 12th spot...Linebacker? Must be a reach if we draft one. I'd say we should trade pick away, but Schneider said he won't, so idk.

Huh?
Schneider's said there's a drop-off in talent at 12-13 he feels, so there's a few teams that might be willing to trade up to take them, and should they offer enough, he'd be willing to deal (as he's always looking for more picks).
But I agree that it's impossible to tell who they'll draft, I can GUARANTEE they won't draft Tannehill, despite what they're saying, the fact they're talking about him means they won't draft him.

If Fletcher Cox is available I think they'll draft him, as he can play anywhere on the D-Line, and is capable of double-digit sacks from a DT position but they could go with DeCastro (my preferred pick). They won't draft Kuelchy as there's "a lot of linebacker talent available this year compared to last year" (schneider quote), but MAY take Hightower if they trade back. I'd be happy with Coples or Ingram however.

I think they'd rather draft quick OLBs and move KJ Wright to ILB than spend heavy draft capital on Kuelchy or Hightower, as Wright has prototypical size and speed for an ILB, but not so much an OLB (although he was certainly a capable starter last year).
If we can find a pass-rusher, a starting OLB (preferably 2 to upgrade on the ageing Hill) and starting left guard, I will declare this a successful draft. If we draft a #2 RB and a safety (to cover if Thomas or Kam get injured of course), it will be a great draft.