The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi, I had been planning on taking a year off before applying to uni, but after much thought have decided that I really do want to go this year, it would be so nice to just move out and go somewhere new and to meet new people :smile:

I've left the application process however ridiculously late because of this, I have rang Falmouth and a very nice woman on the phone said that they were still accepting applications and it was definatly still worth applying.

I'm applying for Marine and Natural History Photography, does anyone know how difficult it is to get onto this course and how laid back they'll be about it? I'm really worried about applying so late especially if I need an interview or something.

I'm going to the Open Day on the 20th June anyway, so I would be able to see someone about it.
Reply 181
Got a conditional at Photography! I only needed a 4 (out of 6.. (Norwegian)) in English, and I already have that, soooo. Here I come! :biggrin:
Original post by thatplace
Got a conditional at Photography! I only needed a 4 (out of 6.. (Norwegian)) in English, and I already have that, soooo. Here I come! :biggrin:

Are you doing BA Photography, Press and Ed or Marine and Natural History?
Reply 183
Original post by FluffyLion
Are you doing BA Photography, Press and Ed or Marine and Natural History?

BA Photography :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by Lydia1234
I just firmed my offer for animation and applied to accommodation....application number 3 thousand and something. Uh-Oh I hope i'm not in shared :s-smilie:

:smile: same here, :O have you applied for the digital animation course to start in septembre???
Anyone looking for accommodation?

I'm looking for one more person to join me and two others to share a flat at 'the view' in falmouth.

We're all BA Graphic Design students starting in Sept 2012.

The room is £100 a week - all inclusive (heating, water, electric and tv licence) - Very nice location - 10 minute walk from the Woodlane Campus; 10 minute walk from the town center. I spent quite a long time looking for accommodation and this is the best value for money and best location accommodation I think is available for students especially attending Falmouth and the Woodlane Campus.

If you are interested, or would just like to know more about it please PM me,

James :smile:
Original post by Rhys:)
:smile: same here, :O have you applied for the digital animation course to start in septembre???

At the moment yep but I might change my firm to bournemouth.. still haven't decided. But atm I am going to stat falmouth animation in september :biggrin:
Original post by Jamesrisdon
Anyone looking for accommodation?

I'm looking for one more person to join me and two others to share a flat at 'the view' in falmouth.

The room is £100 a week - all inclusive (heating, water, electric and tv licence) - Very nice location - 10 minute walk from the Woodlane Campus; 10 minute walk from the town center. I spent quite a long time looking for accommodation and this is the best value for money and best location accommodation I think is available for students especially attending Falmouth and the Woodlane Campus.

James :smile:

I lived at the View this year, possibly some of the best months of my life in that flat :biggrin:
Original post by Pippity
Hi, I had been planning on taking a year off before applying to uni, but after much thought have decided that I really do want to go this year, it would be so nice to just move out and go somewhere new and to meet new people :smile:

I've left the application process however ridiculously late because of this, I have rang Falmouth and a very nice woman on the phone said that they were still accepting applications and it was definatly still worth applying.

I'm applying for Marine and Natural History Photography, does anyone know how difficult it is to get onto this course and how laid back they'll be about it? I'm really worried about applying so late especially if I need an interview or something.

I'm going to the Open Day on the 20th June anyway, so I would be able to see someone about it.

Hi,

I have an unconditional offer for Marine and Natural History Photography so will be able to give you some idea hopefully.

Well they ask for 20 photos first (10 that tell a story and 10 of your choice + 300 word description) . Interviews were more about me as a person rather than my work about my interests and how I'd fit into the course.

The facilities are amazing they have all the lenses and cameras you'd ever need :smile:

Hope this helps

Marcus :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Hi,

I have an unconditional offer for Marine and Natural History Photography so will be able to give you some idea hopefully.

Well they ask for 20 photos first (10 that tell a story and 10 of your choice + 300 word description) . Interviews were more about me as a person rather than my work about my interests and how I'd fit into the course.

The facilities are amazing they have all the lenses and cameras you'd ever need :smile:

Hope this helps

That's reassurring to hear, as I haven't actually done a great deal of photography before, I'm currently doing a BTEC National in Art and Design so we did some photography as part of the course last year, I used the dark room a little bit but my photography knowledge won't be at the same level as other people.

Is the 300 word description to describe both the 10 photos that tell a story and 10 of my choice? Is it more like the 10 pictures can tell their own story individually or collectively tell one story? or whichever you choose?

I'm quite worried about having not a lot of photography experience :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

From what I've seen of the university it looks incredible :smile:

I hadn't wanted to go to university at all until I found this course but now I've got my mind dead set on it, the more i look into it the more I want to go so if I don't get in this year I will just reapply next year and spend next year building on my photography work.

but hopefully :tongue:
Original post by Pippity
That's reassurring to hear, as I haven't actually done a great deal of photography before, I'm currently doing a BTEC National in Art and Design so we did some photography as part of the course last year, I used the dark room a little bit but my photography knowledge won't be at the same level as other people.

Is the 300 word description to describe both the 10 photos that tell a story and 10 of my choice? Is it more like the 10 pictures can tell their own story individually or collectively tell one story? or whichever you choose?

I'm quite worried about having not a lot of photography experience :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

From what I've seen of the university it looks incredible :smile:

I hadn't wanted to go to university at all until I found this course but now I've got my mind dead set on it, the more i look into it the more I want to go so if I don't get in this year I will just reapply next year and spend next year building on my photography work.

but hopefully :tongue:

Hi,

The 300 words are to describe the 10 photos which tell a collective story. The 10 others dont need to be linked at all.

Don't think experience is that vital but it helps I think. I was in the same position last year - I did a National in Media Production so didnt have that much in the way of photographic exprience and got rejected so I took a BTEC Photography course and spent time getting my work to the right type of work for the course.

Here's the link to what I sent them - http://1084906859photography.wordpress.com/

Hope this helps

Reply 191
is anyone here doing a foundation course in art and design @ woodlane?
Reply 192
Original post by Lydia1234
At the moment yep but I might change my firm to bournemouth.. still haven't decided. But atm I am going to stat falmouth animation in september :biggrin:

yea i was deciding between bournemouth and falmouth. But im definately going to falmouth! its better than bournemouth :wink: sooo can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 193
yea i was deciding between bournemouth and falmouth. But im definately going to falmouth! its better than bournemouth :wink: sooo can't wait :biggrin:

i live in bournemouth but i LOVE falmouth- didn't like the uni here :frown:
Reply 194
Original post by beth122
i live in bournemouth but i LOVE falmouth- didn't like the uni here :frown:

didn't like the uni at bournemouth? i know falmouth is great :smile: what you studying next year? or hoping to study? :smile:
Reply 195
didn't like the uni at bournemouth? i know falmouth is great :smile: what you studying next year? or hoping to study? :smile:

nooo i didn't, but it was probably because its too close to home haha! Advertising :smile: you?
Reply 196
Original post by beth122
nooo i didn't, but it was probably because its too close to home haha! Advertising :smile: you?

haha yea falmouth definately isn't close to home for me :smile:! cool, im studying animation! :biggrin:
We should have a sub forum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending