The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
Totally jel!
No, I don't even think he likes athletics.. people like that do exist :eek: :shock:

That's exactly how I feel! :biggrin:
People only get excited about the Olympics..:2012: they forget all about the Diamond League, Aviva Grand Prix, Greater Manchester citygames etc. etc..

Aha dumbfounding! :tongue:

yea! unfair, they don't do it the justice of attention it deserves :wink: ah I forgot about the city games! Should be good - any clue as to who's running?
Original post by erniiee
Aha dumbfounding! :tongue:

yea! unfair, they don't do it the justice of attention it deserves :wink: ah I forgot about the city games! Should be good - any clue as to who's running?

They will do one day.. when I rule the World it'll be a crime not too :-P
Me too! I read an article that Dwain Chambers has been confirmed to do to 150m race - finally we'll get to see if that intense training in Jamaica's paid off :biggrin:
And maybe Bolt might make a surprise appearance again like he did a few years back *fingers crossed* that should make for an AMAZING race!! :colone:
Reply 462
They will do one day.. when I rule the World it'll be a crime not too :-P
Me too! I read an article that Dwain Chambers has been confirmed to do to 150m race - finally we'll get to see if that intense training in Jamaica's paid off :biggrin:
And maybe Bolt might make a surprise appearance again like he did a few years back *fingers crossed* that should make for an AMAZING race!! :colone:

I hope so! LOOL, I will enjoy that era :colone:

Ah great! Oh yea - that will be interesting to watch :biggrin: 150 seems to be tough as well! Nice to see him getting into action after his indoor season and clearance to compete in the Olympics!

WOOO that would be amazing :eek: imagine..ah he needs to come back to this meet!
Original post by erniiee
I hope so! LOOL, I will enjoy that era :colone:

Ah great! Oh yea - that will be interesting to watch :biggrin: 150 seems to be tough as well! Nice to see him getting into action after his indoor season and clearance to compete in the Olympics!

WOOO that would be amazing :eek: imagine..ah he needs to come back to this meet!

Yeah, I bet he's buzzing for it and I'm sure we all are too :biggrin:

I don't think Bolt's coming to the meet but Dwain's due to be taking him on in the Czech Republic five days later - finally!!!!! The showdown we've all been waiting for :biggrin:

- haha have you seen the Jon Drummond clip from the 2003 Word Champs?
Mukhtar, you BEAST!

Michael Rimmer's looking good as well. So jealous of decent 800m runners. The way big Rudisha is going we could be on for another WR.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 465
Yeah, I bet he's buzzing for it and I'm sure we all are too :biggrin:

I don't think Bolt's coming to the meet but Dwain's due to be taking him on in the Czech Republic five days later - finally!!!!! The showdown we've all been waiting for :biggrin:

- haha have you seen the Jon Drummond clip from the 2003 Word Champs?

Aha :biggrin:

Oh yes! I have to watch this!

Oh no, I'll get watching that ASAP :wink:

Original post by rockrunride
Mukhtar, you BEAST!

Michael Rimmer's looking good as well. So jealous of decent 800m runners. The way big Rudisha is going we could be on for another WR.

Aha. The times in all track events especially long and middle distance have been really impressive tonight!
Original post by erniiee
Aha :biggrin:

Oh yes! I have to watch this!

Oh no, I'll get watching that ASAP :wink:

It's almost a crime to miss it!
Speaking of miss.. did you get to catch the meet that was on tonight?

I got the times wrong and ended up missing the 100s but caught the 400m race.

It's an amazing clip, but heart wrenching at the same time. Someone who really loved the sport lol! You probably won't see someone like that again :tongue:
Pretty happy for Mohammed breaking onto the scene last year and carrying on this year. 1:45 is great, and I'd call 1:44 truly world class, which I think he is capable of. I remember watching him at English Schools and then SIAB in 2007 when my old training partner was winning medals for 15/3000m. Didn't think much past "yeah, he's quite good" back then.. now he's a potential shout for the Olympics. How times change.

Gatlin's looking hot for London as well..
Reply 468

It's an amazing clip, but heart wrenching at the same time. Someone who really loved the sport lol! You probably won't see someone like that again :tongue:

Haha I agree :tongue:

Yea! Was pretty dam exciting! Some really impressive performances, stand out for me had to be Gatlin and Jelimo! Very good running :biggrin:

Ah - Felix won as well! 400 was wicked, everyone is going so much faster than last year at the same point in the season!

I'll have a look now :yep:
Original post by rockrunride
Pretty happy for Mohammed breaking onto the scene last year and carrying on this year. 1:45 is great, and I'd call 1:44 truly world class, which I think he is capable of. I remember watching him at English Schools and then SIAB in 2007 when my old training partner was winning medals for 15/3000m. Didn't think much past "yeah, he's quite good" back then.. now he's a potential shout for the Olympics. How times change.

Gatlin's looking hot for London as well..

Wow, love being able to watch an athlete progress!

Indeed, great lil win over Powell. I really wish Gay was racing earlier than he plans to this year :frown:
Reply 469

Gaaawd that is a bit heart wrenching :frown: I thought his protest was successful! Sad to see such a hench guy get so upset, but yea, he clearly loved the sport!

Lets hope there are no repeats of that in London!
Original post by erniiee
Gaaawd that is a bit heart wrenching :frown: I thought his protest was successful! Sad to see such a hench guy get so upset, but yea, he clearly loved the sport!

Lets hope there are no repeats of that in London!

I know right!

Hopefully not.. ahh I can't wait - I think the men's 100 final is on my birthday, my mommy tried to get me tickets but her attempt was in vain :frown:
Reply 471
I know right!

Hopefully not.. ahh I can't wait - I think the men's 100 final is on my birthday, my mommy tried to get me tickets but her attempt was in vain :frown:

:/

ah really! What a present, I wish I was born a lil bit later in the year! :tongue:

And ah thats a shame. It was so ridiculously competitive to try and get decent olympic tickets LET ALONE 100m final ones! :eek: I'm kinda glad I didn't try cos I quite enjoy watching athletics at home :tongue: and you'll get to see all the replays and build up and everything so dw!
Can't wait for the Crystal Palace meet I've got tickets this year again :smile: It was awesome a couple of years back when Bolt ran, huge fireworks display after on a nice summers day. Should be even better this year with the Olympics and all.

Socked that Gatlin beat Powell running 9.87, only .02 off his PB. Typical of Powell not running the full race and giving a mental advantage to another of his rivals
Reply 473
Original post by Glow in the dark
Can't wait for the Crystal Palace meet I've got tickets this year again :smile: It was awesome a couple of years back when Bolt ran, huge fireworks display after on a nice summers day. Should be even better this year with the Olympics and all.

Socked that Gatlin beat Powell running 9.87, only .02 off his PB. Typical of Powell not running the full race and giving a mental advantage to another of his rivals

Ah I watched that on TV, was so good! Really want to get tickets, maybe next year tho. And I know, like wtf was Powell doing at the end? He really needs to sort out his final 10 metres when he's got competition, he ends up looking like he's not even trying..interesting to watch Gatlin go so much faster than he did last season though. I think there are gonna be some crazy times this year..excited :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
:/

ah really! What a present, I wish I was born a lil bit later in the year! :tongue:

And ah thats a shame. It was so ridiculously competitive to try and get decent olympic tickets LET ALONE 100m final ones! :eek: I'm kinda glad I didn't try cos I quite enjoy watching athletics at home :tongue: and you'll get to see all the replays and build up and everything so dw!

I know right!
Me too, at home's better.. Safer too and I can always watch it in HD and imagine that I'm actually there :-p
Reply 475
I know right!
Me too, at home's better.. Safer too and I can always watch it in HD and imagine that I'm actually there :-p

Ah yea :biggrin: might need to get myself a HD tv to really appreciate the moment :'D
Original post by erniiee
Ah yea :biggrin: might need to get myself a HD tv to really appreciate the moment :'D

Haha you do!
Watching sport in HD is amazing.. especially on ESPN - they need to show some athletics on ESPN - that'd be awesome :biggrin:
Reply 477
Haha you do!
Watching sport in HD is amazing.. especially on ESPN - they need to show some athletics on ESPN - that'd be awesome :biggrin:

Aha if only I could appreciate that :tongue: I only have crap Freesat! I need to convince my parents to upgrade to Sky and a HD TV ASAP!
Original post by erniiee
Aha if only I could appreciate that :tongue: I only have crap Freesat! I need to convince my parents to upgrade to Sky and a HD TV ASAP!

Haha Freesat isn't crap!
And I've got Virign which is chepaer than Sky plus ESPN comes free on it :biggrin:
but some of the channels on Freesat & Sky you can't even get on Virgin! :tongue:
Reply 479
Haha Freesat isn't crap!
And I've got Virign which is chepaer than Sky plus ESPN comes free on it :biggrin:
but some of the channels on Freesat & Sky you can't even get on Virgin! :tongue:

Hm well it annoys me that I can't receive Channel 4 Music or Viva :tongue: used to love watching music channels for some reason ha.

Ah I might tell them to get Virgin then :wink:

So do you know when the Ostrava meet is?

Quick Reply