The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Citizenship: Identity etc.

So, first exam was today! What'd you lot think? Hard, easy? Want any reassurance?
Reply 1
Original post by Deaddocumentry
So, first exam was today! What'd you lot think? Hard, easy? Want any reassurance?

I thought it was easy - that's why getting involved with the Model House of Commons and United Nations here on TSR helped me in the exam!

I surprised myself and had a lot to write about for the essay question. The scenarios (Section B) and a couple of the Section A questions through me but I answered them anyway.
Reply 2
I thought it was alright. I thought a couple in section A weren't as obvious as I'd of liked them to of been :P Also I don't think I learnt about Community Cohesion...so that threw me a bit but looking at my revision book now it looks like I got something along the right lines anyway :smile: I was also really surprised with how much I wrote for section C, I usually struggle with them questions but today I had to ask for more paper! haha
Reply 3
I only finished at the last minute, felt I struggled with the Section A questions. What do you think you got?
I hope I get a high A... But I doubt it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah section A questions were more difficult than they have been on the practice papers I've done, I did guess a couple... I kinda hope I got a high A or a low A* cause I got an A* in my coursework and it would be awesome to get one overall. I don't think I did though....I did kinda make my answers up as I went along and kinda guess stuff....
Reply 5
You probably did fine, good luck! Not best way to start exams but hey-ho... I'll try not to dwell on it too much.
Reply 6
Thanks, good luck to you too! So far I've only done 2 exams and I'm already dreading results day!
For The first one I put (iv) what did you put?
Reply 8
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

I can't even remember the question to that one! Nor the answer!
Reply 9
Original post by xAlice95
Thanks, good luck to you too! So far I've only done 2 exams and I'm already dreading results day!

Feeling's mutual!
Reply 10
does anyone know the grade boundaries on the coursework? i got 22/30 :frown:
I can't even remember the question to that one! Nor the answer!

It was about what should a political member do whats most important if gained power (along those lines) and I put to elect relevent party members or summit. I deliberated with "to protect human rights" also.
Im looking forward to it
Reply 13
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

I can't remember, I either put the one about protecting human rights or the about choseing someone to represent them if elected...I kept changing my mind and I can't remember which one I did in the end...

I hate it when I can't even be confident to the answer of the first question! haha
Reply 14
Original post by Mr Bling

I'm not sure the grade boundries but my friend got 27 and my teacher said it was A/A*...
Original post by xAlice95
I can't remember, I either put the one about protecting human rights or the about choseing someone to represent them if elected...I kept changing my mind and I can't remember which one I did in the end...

I hate it when I can't even be confident to the answer of the first question! haha

It was a stupid question as they were both equally important and subjective to different people's ideologies. But if you think about it, you can vote for a dictatored party which would jeopardize human rights (such as Communists), therefore I chose against the human rights one as some people dont believe in them. I thought about writing that but the mark scheme just says (i) etc, so I wouldn't get any credit
Original post by Mr Bling

Mine was out of 40 but if out of 30 it would be every 10%. So A* = 90%, A = 80% and so forth.

You would of got a B!
Reply 17
Mine was out of 40 but if out of 30 it would be every 10%. So A* = 90%, A = 80% and so forth.

You would of got a B!

Ahh thanks. Its out of 30 because i'm doing the short course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending