The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature, Heroes & An Inspector Calls help please!

What sort of questions do you think the examiner might ask about an inspector calls? They're already done how is Arthur presented, Sybil presented etc.. Please help me out I'm really trying to get an A.

Also, what sort of questions do you think could come about the novel Heroes? It's new on the syllabus and the only 2 questions the examiners asked last year was an extract and LaSalle's representation. Anyone have an idea as to what kinds of questions will be on?

Thanks and I'd love it if you had any tips on how to organize answers that go through in order of the novel/play and any other advice.

Thanks again
Original post by Magenta96
What sort of questions do you think the examiner might ask about an inspector calls? They're already done how is Arthur presented, Sybil presented etc.. Please help me out I'm really trying to get an A.

Also, what sort of questions do you think could come about the novel Heroes? It's new on the syllabus and the only 2 questions the examiners asked last year was an extract and LaSalle's representation. Anyone have an idea as to what kinds of questions will be on?

Thanks and I'd love it if you had any tips on how to organize answers that go through in order of the novel/play and any other advice.

Thanks again

Thank goodness they've already done Sybil and Arthur... I thought I'd finished all my essay plans then I remembered those two! Anyway, our teacher made a list of questions that could come up; I don't think it's complete by any means. Anyway, here goes:

What secret do you think the audience would find the most shocking?
Write about two parts of the play you think would be particularly gripping for an audience.
Show how Priestley keeps the audience's attention.
How does Priestley use Goole as a dramatic device?
What is the function of Inspector Goole?
How can Character X, Character Y and Character z be implicated in the death of Eva Smith?
Reply 2
Hmm.. I think the inspector Goole ones are worth revising because things like power, responsibility and secrets have come up quite often haven't they? Whereas I don't recall them asking much about the inspector in all the previous questions, the function one seems quite interesting.

My teacher thinks an imagine your a character one will come up but it came up only around 1 - 2 years ago so I doubt that.
I hvae it tomorrow and i'm so nervous and because its new anything could come up!!i'm praying its on a presentation of a charcter and the relationship between characters!i hope its not an awakward one that we arent't used to!my guess is Mrs Birling and Larry la salle wont come up in the essay question but they could come up in the extract.i did of mice and men in january and didnt think george or lennie would cme because they came up somewhe the previous year-but they did.i hope theyre easy with us tomorrow as we're the first year going through it this way...or they could make it extreemely difficult to see how we cope.i also have physics tomorrow so ive had to split my time up between both subjects so i havent spent as long as i did in January...so nervous:s-smilie:
Reply 4
i dont think i have any problems with inspector calls going to make notes through tonight on that but heroes i havent ever revised i cant find no resources i could write about what happened and the charaachters relatinship links but i could never provide evidence with quotes really scared about heroes cant wait to finish the heroes questions!
Nicole hasn't come up yet on the WJEC paper . So I think she'll come up. I really don't know about the Inspector but it won't be the Inspector, Gerald or Eric as they came up quite recently so maybe Mr Birling? I really want abuse of power to come up as an essay.
Nicole has come up, I did that question a couple of weeks ago as practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending