The Student Room Group

what would you think if the guy you were seeing put his arm round another girl?

Just wondering

Scroll to see replies

Define 'seeing'. Are we dating / have we been dating a long time? Have we been intimate / kissed/ slept together?
If I knew they were good friends, I suppose it wouldn't bother me. But in general, if we're definitely dating and have been intimate, I'd find it disrespectful if he did it in front of me. Almost wondering if he'd be trying to make me jealous. It wouldn't make me directly angry, but a definite red flag.
Reply 2
If it was girlfriend probably nothing if they were good friends and nothing else and it was in context with something. Anything else Id probably have a word
slap him...unless it was his sister
Original post by angelstie16
slap him...unless it was his sister

are you being serious?
Reply 5
Original post by Clez
If it was girlfriend probably nothing if they were good friends and nothing else and it was in context with something. Anything else Id probably have a word

what do you mean by in context with something? also what if the guy was holding hands with her
That arm's coming off. :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
what do you mean by in context with something? also what if the guy was holding hands with her

as in the girl being upset of vice versa or in greeting or farewells, or as a "well done" or a "happy birthday"

holding hands suggests romantic attraction
Reply 8
Original post by Clez
as in the girl being upset of vice versa or in greeting or farewells, or as a "well done" or a "happy birthday"

holding hands suggests romantic attraction

ah well there was definitley no context like that
Like most things in life, it depends on context.
Reply 10
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

as i said above, there was no obvious context- the girl wasn't upset or anything
Reply 11
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

as in the guy was just putting his arm around her cos he wanted to
Original post by Birdman1234567
are you being serious?

yup.... have done it once... come on writing out of experience
Original post by angelstie16
yup.... have done it once... come on writing out of experience

Hi, but have you ever hugged, held hands a lil with another guy? We have a close bunch at uni on my course and I have been out and had guys holding my hands, and their gf's have been holding their other hand. But we are all friends, and I suppose that is different.

If it was a random girl then I would just put my arms around a random guy...two can play that game eh!! lol xx
Original post by JessicaUk
Hi, but have you ever hugged, held hands a lil with another guy? We have a close bunch at uni on my course and I have been out and had guys holding my hands, and their gf's have been holding their other hand. But we are all friends, and I suppose that is different.

If it was a random girl then I would just put my arms around a random guy...two can play that game eh!! lol xx

not here where i am from... i think doing all the things that you mentioned above is actually considered as ' going overboard' for us... yea hugging is alright as long as it is not tooooo intimate
Original post by JessicaUk

Personally, I would hate that.
I don't care how close someone is to their friends, there are some actions that should be reserved specifically for partners, and IMO putting your arm around someone (unless you're comforting them) and holding hands are examples of those actions.

There are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed because people can easily get the wrong idea, which never leads to pleasant conversation.
Reply 16
This is absolutely ridiculous and just goes to highlight how massively insecure some of you are, seriously.
In previous relationships, I've put my arms around female friends plenty of times and my exs haven't cared. Likewise, I haven't minded if they do the same. Because we trusted each other.

If you seriously get insecure about a partner putting their arm around someone else, you shouldn't be with them as you clearly don't trust them.
Reply 17
Conclusion: if it's a friend then it's fine, if he's flirting then RED FLAG.
I wouldn't have a problem if it's a friend of his, but if anything more like kissing intimately in front of me, etc. was added then I would get very annoyed.
Reply 19
It depends what's going on with your relationship. I had an boyfriend who did that with a girl and it really got to me. That was because he wasn't giving me enough affection and he wanted out of the relationship without having vocalised it at that point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending