The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by muaythaigal
Thanks :smile: just had my medical. I am hoping to do Process as I have a background in chemistry, not sure when i'll find out. Good luck all!

What level do you have chemistry at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
HND/degree level
Reply 1242
Nice

Reply 1243
beats my gcse chemistry lol. i think they do like the applications from people with higher education. if you have a btec, NC, HNC etc you have an advantage. a friend of mine only just sat his aptitudes yesterday, seems unfair offering places before all interviews have taken place.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy S3
Reply 1244
I have a HNC and haven't heard anything. I am sure there will be people with degrees applying too though.

Reply 1245
Dont forget there are thousands of applications.. slowly but surely this number is whittled down to about 80 or 90 or so. competition is fierce. if i had the time and money i'd invest in a btec or hnc to strengthen my application next year. unfortunately time is not on my side as at 27 im having to resit maths and chemistry gcse just to be eligible to apply. manchester area are sitting aptitudes so there are many interviews to go yet.. there's plenty of time yet

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Samsung Galaxy S3
They either lost my application or it got lost on the way.. she just told me to apply next year when I phoned.

Is there no other way to get into the industry? How do older people apply for offshore jobs?

I would accept the crappiest of jobs just to get in there and work hard to hopefully get a better position.. doesnt look like I can even do that now :mad:
Reply 1247
Thanks Buzzer55, I was wondering if I was the only one who's application they clowned up! Maybe the higher ups at OPITO would employ me briefly to do the actuary tables on that someday. Either way keep calm and carry on. Hope u do well in whatever you do
Original post by usualcat
Thanks Buzzer55, I was wondering if I was the only one who's application they clowned up! Maybe the higher ups at OPITO would employ me briefly to do the actuary tables on that someday. Either way keep calm and carry on. Hope u do well in whatever you do

Thanks, you too.
Reply 1249
Hi, has anyone got their results from the Birmingham test yet?
OK, i have gotten an apprenticeship with BP, whoo hoo, not through opito though. So, i'm moving to Falkirk and i know no one there, if u guys get ur letters back and hve to move to falkirk/ are looking for a flatmate or if u live in falkirk and don't mind showing me round for the first few weeks :biggrin: PM me :wink:
Reply 1251
Nice. Do BP have a appretice scheme? What you gonna b doing?

Reply 1252
BP do apprenticeships but they source their offshore technicians through, guess who, opito/ecitb! so, not sure what damilola is doing. bp have an acetyl plant in saltend, hull. they train craft/process apprentices there but you must live locally as they dont give you digs. check their website, its the only scheme they're showing so perhaps damilola can shed some light??? hull is a far away place from falkirk! bottom line is if you wanna go offshore stick with opito/ecitb because you could be placed on bp assets

Original post by damilola
OK, i have gotten an apprenticeship with BP, whoo hoo, not through opito though. So, i'm moving to Falkirk and i know no one there, if u guys get ur letters back and hve to move to falkirk/ are looking for a flatmate or if u live in falkirk and don't mind showing me round for the first few weeks :biggrin: PM me :wink:

Congrats! Is this through ecitb?
Original post by xperty
Nice. Do BP have a appretice scheme? What you gonna b doing?

I applied to forth valley college for their modern apprenticeships, they sent off my application to bp, 3 weeks and I get a letter from bp! Some of opito apprentices will study at forth valley as well so it's the same thing just different routes :tongue: oh and I get a year to decide what I want to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by char84
BP do apprenticeships but they source their offshore technicians through, guess who, opito/ecitb! so, not sure what damilola is doing. bp have an acetyl plant in saltend, hull. they train craft/process apprentices there but you must live locally as they dont give you digs. check their website, its the only scheme they're showing so perhaps damilola can shed some light??? hull is a far away place from falkirk! bottom line is if you wanna go offshore stick with opito/ecitb because you could be placed on bp assets

yo! I applied to forth valley college and they sent my application off to bp, seeing as they get some of the applicants from opito/ecitb. I'll be based in falkirk for my work based projects and all.

If anyone gets put in falkirk pls let me know. :smile:
I had a quick scan of the website and couldnt find where to apply. Is the applications closed now? Did you have to do any assessments or have any interviews?
Original post by Nameismark87
I had a quick scan of the website and couldnt find where to apply. Is the applications closed now? Did you have to do any assessments or have any interviews?

nah it's closed now, I sat an aptitude test, colour blindness test and had one interview with the college and one with bp on Tuesday.
Did you ever hear back from ecitb? I got an email saying I met the entry requirements but haven't heard anything since.
Original post by Nameismark87
Did you ever hear back from ecitb? I got an email saying I met the entry requirements but haven't heard anything since.

I got one too, two weeks ago, saying that if I'm not contacted by august or sometime, that means my application has been unsuccessful. they're taking an awfully long time to process applications this year.

Quick Reply

Latest