The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography (Human) 18th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MelissaW_xo
Me too! Physical was A LOT harder than expected, what topics did you do? I did tectonics, rocks and rivers.

i did tectonics, rocks and coasts. yeah i think it was my worst exam!
Original post by Parente
I honestly think that the tourism section would have let people people down the most and seen as it is the most popular section, the boundaries should be lower. Last years tourism was quite nice

I think the Tourism was hard! I did that and Urban Environments and Population growth. Was it just me or did everyone go in very confident of an easy exam only to be deflated by the hard questions? #GotTooCocky

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC ChaCha A810e
Reply 522
For the sustainable question can you write about Belfast?
Did anyone do Tsavo national park for the management of tourism??
Reply 524
Original post by cookiemonster121
Did anyone do Tsavo national park for the management of tourism??

Which exact question was this and which tier? I can't remember a question on management for tourism I can only remember the big one on the topic and the one with the butler's model.
Reply 525
Original post by cheetahs56
I think the Tourism was hard! I did that and Urban Environments and Population growth. Was it just me or did everyone go in very confident of an easy exam only to be deflated by the hard questions? #GotTooCocky

I did those 3 sections too. I know LOADS of people were like, yeah its fine because tourism is easy.... Then they came out deflated. Urbanisation was alright, but I still don't think it was as easy as last years, like 10 marks on water pollution! Population was ok
Original post by Parente
I did those 3 sections too. I know LOADS of people were like, yeah its fine because tourism is easy.... Then they came out deflated. Urbanisation was alright, but I still don't think it was as easy as last years, like 10 marks on water pollution! Population was ok

Same thought population was good, it sort of went from good to average to hard don't you think? I know that Water pollution question was dodgy!

Reply 527
Same thought population was good, it sort of went from good to average to hard don't you think? I know that Water pollution question was dodgy!

Yeah, population was what I expected, I knew there would be an 8 marker on the problems of the 1CP!! Urbanisation was not that bad, thank God no mention of shanty town schemes but the water pollution was a bit iffy, I used a case study of how a shanty town in Mumbai to explain the human and physical problems and they were solved (I hope thats right). Then sustainable settlements again!! (Bet people didnt revise it because they thought it wouldnt come up again). Tourism started off fine, then the question on the Butler model and then on the coastal resort (what stage) - I thought that was a bit crap. Then 8 marks to explain why your tourist resort attracts so many people, I thought that was a bit crap. You revise all these facts then get asked that!?
Original post by Parente
Yeah, population was what I expected, I knew there would be an 8 marker on the problems of the 1CP!! Urbanisation was not that bad, thank God no mention of shanty town schemes but the water pollution was a bit iffy, I used a case study of how a shanty town in Mumbai to explain the human and physical problems and they were solved (I hope thats right). Then sustainable settlements again!! (Bet people didnt revise it because they thought it wouldnt come up again). Tourism started off fine, then the question on the Butler model and then on the coastal resort (what stage) - I thought that was a bit crap. Then 8 marks to explain why your tourist resort attracts so many people, I thought that was a bit crap. You revise all these facts then get asked that!?

i think that the tourism 8 marker about why a tropical area attracts so many people, you just had to mention a mass tourism resort
Reply 529

What 10 mark water pollution question was this? I'm sure the highest mark question is 8. I remember questions on how to decrease water pollution by doing stuff like infrastructure such as sanitation and sewage networks and placing fines on people who purposefully put waste into water. And I remember the question about Lagos and water pollution. But not a 10 marker.
Reply 530
Original post by Michael's
What 10 mark water pollution question was this? I'm sure the highest mark question is 8. I remember questions on how to decrease water pollution by doing stuff like infrastructure such as sanitation and sewage networks and placing fines on people who purposefully put waste into water. And I remember the question about Lagos and water pollution. But not a 10 marker.

Nooo, not a 10 marker, it was like 2+2+2+4=10, there were a stupid number of marks on just water pollution. I thought it was stupid the base half of the section on just that!
Reply 531
Original post by Parente
Nooo, not a 10 marker, it was like 2+2+2+4=10, there were a stupid number of marks on just water pollution. I thought it was stupid the base half of the section on just that!

Ahhh, it wasn't too bad :smile: there was lots on water, even some on that irrigation stuff about dams near Iran or something.
Original post by Parente

Did you mention Curitiba for sustainable and Jamaica for tropics case study?

Reply 533

I did :smile:
Reply 534

I learnt both Curitiba and BedZED but chose to do BedZED because I knew loads of percentages and stuff. I did Jamaica too, what did you mention?? I did the blue mountains, coral reefs, Dunne river falls, sandy beaches, warm climate etc
Original post by Parente
I honestly think that the tourism section would have let people people down the most and seen as it is the most popular section, the boundaries should be lower. Last years tourism was quite nice

Ahhh... I didn't even get to learn tourism but it sounded interesting:s-smilie:
I did Population change, development gap and globalisation.
Reply 536
Original post by GuitarWorm
Ahhh... I didn't even get to learn tourism but it sounded interesting:s-smilie:
I did Population change, development gap and globalisation.

It was interesting but maybe you were lucky? I thought it was the hardest section on that paper
Original post by Komal96
If you got a C in the coursework but an A*s in the two exams, can you still get an A or B overall ??

I'm in the exact same position as you! If you get max UMS you may still be able to get an A* overall (but I doubt I did :frown: ), otherwise an A is still in reach:smile:
Reply 538
What did anybody say about naming the features of a named TNC. I talked about the HQ in the richer countries where design takes place and the majority of profit goes. I said that they have manufacture in poorer countries as government legislation such as working hours allows them to maximize manufacture for the cheapest price. I said how they transport goods all around the world in order to get the cheapest materials.
Original post by Michael's
What did anybody say about naming the features of a named TNC. I talked about the HQ in the richer countries where design takes place and the majority of profit goes. I said that they have manufacture in poorer countries as government legislation such as working hours allows them to maximize manufacture for the cheapest price. I said how they transport goods all around the world in order to get the cheapest materials.

I did Wal-mart AKA Asda. I said how they have loads of stores around the world ( I can't remember the exact figure) and how they contribute to the community by investing in community projects and youth clubs. I also wrote how they base their manufacturing in LDC and why they do this ( eg cheaper, economic zones, minimum wage is monitored effectively, longer working hours etc) and that was about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending