The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ostego
G4S have only just got round to phoning my personal references, and the application has now passed screening.

what was the date of your interview?
Original post by Yellow_Watermelon
I'm also interested in this. It'll be 14 weeks on Monday for me and just this second I asked my references whether they've been contacted....nope :angry:
Reply 1222
Original post by itshusi
What are these two numbers for exactly? Booking uniform/accreditation collection or information? and are they G4S's numbers or the London 2012 UDAC's numbers?

They are g4s numbers and like i said before, these are just numbers that called me.

You dont need an appointment to pick accreditation, its possible to pick it up without an appointment. No one asks what time your booked in. G4s arent even at the place

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1223
Original post by Yellow_Watermelon

had my interview on March 12th.... got a call around April as they needed to adjust the dates of my 5 year

Got an email in May saying i failed the screening

Phoned them up and spent 2 weeks trying to prove that i wasn't a terrorist during a year i spent out of college... finally proved that with a document

Waited a further 40 days or so after sending them that document before they actually got round to contacting my 2 personal referees and then they told me that it'd be sent to the training department.

They've ****ed me around so much I'm thinking this may not be worth it! May just try and find odd jobs on gumtree

From what I've read on here... it sounds like lots of people, especially those who are only getting on with training now will have a difficult time completing 5 shifts to get the pay back for the training

The person who i spent 1.15 hours waiting on the phone to talk to said there were people who were passed through screening weeks ago that were still trying to get booked into a SIA course, and it seems like they are only running them for the next 3 weeks
Oh okay, I had my interview on March 19th so hopefully I shouldn't be that far off from screening being completed.

I'm surprised how many people who have passed screening haven't even started training yet. I started my SIA CCTV course almost 4 weeks ago now and I've got additional CCTV training this coming Thursday and Friday.
Reply 1225
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
Oh okay, I had my interview on March 19th so hopefully I shouldn't be that far off from screening being completed.

I'm surprised how many people who have passed screening haven't even started training yet. I started my SIA CCTV course almost 4 weeks ago now and I've got additional CCTV training this coming Thursday and Friday.

Eh!? are you able to do SIA training on their dollar before you pass the screening?

If so I've wasted a lot of time... i thought you had to wait for them to email you with the training dates, and that would only be sent after you clear the screening
This is what is said in my first email when I was invited to SIA training:

"Due to the volume of applicants, we have in some cases had to send candidates to training whilst they are still in screening and vetting"

Yep so while I've been in the screening stage. I've had SIA training (SIA currently processing my badge), booked additional training, been called to talk about a basic contract being sent in the post, and just the other week I was asked how many hours I can work and whens the earliest I can start.

Tough love on your end by the seems of it...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1227
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
This is what is said in my first email when I was invited to SIA training:

"Due to the volume of applicants, we have in some cases had to send candidates to training whilst they are still in screening and vetting"

Yep so while I've been in the screening stage. I've had SIA training (SIA currently processing my badge), booked additional training, been called to talk about a basic contract being sent in the post, and just the other week I was asked how many hours I can work and whens the earliest I can start.

Tough love on your end by the seems of it...

I had my interview in March, probs before you, and only just have training next week so I've given up. I passed screening in May too.
Original post by ostego
had my interview on March 12th.... got a call around April as they needed to adjust the dates of my 5 year

Got an email in May saying i failed the screening

Phoned them up and spent 2 weeks trying to prove that i wasn't a terrorist during a year i spent out of college... finally proved that with a document

Waited a further 40 days or so after sending them that document before they actually got round to contacting my 2 personal referees and then they told me that it'd be sent to the training department.

They've ****ed me around so much I'm thinking this may not be worth it! May just try and find odd jobs on gumtree

From what I've read on here... it sounds like lots of people, especially those who are only getting on with training now will have a difficult time completing 5 shifts to get the pay back for the training

The person who i spent 1.15 hours waiting on the phone to talk to said there were people who were passed through screening weeks ago that were still trying to get booked into a SIA course, and it seems like they are only running them for the next 3 weeks

I asked the trainers of the SIA programme how many more weeks of it they're doing: they tole me they have just been asked to do an extra few weeks of training in July, so don't despair! Next weeks SIA course was supposed to be the last. It's manic, btw, at the Romford road place. Bad manic.

Original post by GuitarWizard
Yes its not G4S you pick it up from so they won't know

How do we know when we can go pick it up? I mean I have had rapsican, SIA and next week the 2 days PSA...

Reply 1230
Original post by arno111
They are g4s numbers and like i said before, these are just numbers that called me.

You dont need an appointment to pick accreditation, its possible to pick it up without an appointment. No one asks what time your booked in. G4s arent even at the place

Ah, I see! Thanks! Does this apply to uniform too? Or is an appointment needed to collect uniform?
Hey, does anyone know if we collect our SIA licenses, or are they sent to us in the post?
Reply 1232
Had my interview on the 11th of April. Passed my standard screening and vetting checks on the 23rd of May.....................but no training as of yet???? Tried phoning them but there's always a long que and the music is terrible so I hang up.............. Anyone know if they still training people up???
After completion of my training it was about 2 and half weeks before they paid me
Reply 1234
Original post by zednanreh
Hey, does anyone know if we collect our SIA licenses, or are they sent to us in the post?

It's sent via post
Reply 1235
Is anyone off to the training session in Cardiff on Monday 25th June. I have no idea what it's going to be like :s-smilie:

As well is anyone else tackling this Distance Learning Manual? It's pretty tedious stuff
Reply 1236
Original post by arno111
What did the survey ask you? I never got it. I did get an email about availability though.

I had to fill out my details, asked quite a few questions then about availability as well etc..
I have had so much hassle with this g4s lot. I was invited for training for london, but had to cancel because of a cock up on organising my transport and accommodation on their part. I had to call multiple times to sort out what to do. Communication within g4s is weak. When you talk to a call centre adviser, and you have a genuine problem, they don't have a clue. I've spoken to a lot of their phone centre advisers. Some of them are really helpful. Some of them are average and some of them don't want to hear you.

Overall I have walked away with classical music stuck in my head. They need some more tracks!
Can anyone upload any pics of their uniform they got from UDC?
Reply 1239
My application has passed the vetting stage (took 15 weeks) and was passed on to accreditation 4 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long accreditation takes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending