The Student Room Group

What are you NOT looking forward to at university?

Inspired by the opposite thread.

Maybe we can all share tips to overcome these problems :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The work.
Reply 2
Worrying about finances and being mugged cus LSE is like top 5 in is league table for students getting mugged and being victims of crime? I think
Reply 3
Liver Failure
Being an idiot. I'm not actually that intelligent, I can just memorise things. Mostly quotes. Yes, because that will help me in a pharmacy degree...But yeah, basically not looking forward to being faced with how dimwitted I really am.

The workload. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it's necessary so I'd better get stuck in.

Fire alarms. From the sound of it, they go off all the bloody time. I hate the sound of them.

Having virtually no money because I don't know how to manage my money very well at all.

Having to eat my own cooking every day. Eugh.

The fact that I'll have to use subterfuge and deception to have a normal student social life, being 17. :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
staying focused and motivated :/
Reply 6
Not keeping up with the workload, worrying about money, being mugged for what little i'll have then having to worry MORE about money... and i'll probably be the youngest person out of all the first years, or at least in the bottom 5
Reply 7
snobby posh twits
Reply 8
Annoying and boring people and failing :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
The constant work.
Lack of money.
Listening to people boast of how rich they are/how drunk they got/ generally how they are gods gift.
Not seeing mates/family from back home as regularly.
i know this sounds a bit weird and sad but- making friends.
sometimes i think "hell yeah i'll make loads!" but other times i think i'll arrive in my room, sit on my bed and shake and quiver at the prospect of people coming into my room.

also- i don't really do the whole drinking scene, so i dont fancy being dragged out to bars etc in freshers week.
oh yeah, and- my subject is quite 'unpopular' in the sense that not many people do it (yup its languages) and the other people in my year doing it may be humungous w*****s.

EDIT:woah what's making this so popular? the fact i sound like a potential loser or the fact that i mentioned the word w*****s?
EDIT 2: Seriously. This is getting weird.
(edited 11 years ago)
Travelling up and down every day.
Original post by Caity-lou
Not keeping up with the workload, worrying about money, being mugged for what little i'll have then having to worry MORE about money... and i'll probably be the youngest person out of all the first years, or at least in the bottom 5

How old are you? There's a guy at my school, really nice actually but I'm not sure he's even 17 yet. Or did he just turn 17 at the beginning of the month...I forget. Anyway, we're in the same year so he's just left 6th year at 16. Poor guy. Don't envy him at all. I'm worried enough and I'm only going to be 17 for the first term.
Reply 13
Meeting people who I don't get on with! That's my biggest fear. I don't want to be clashing with anyone while i'm trying to get on with my life.
Worried that I might not even make my grades lol. And if I do, the massive let down when I realise it wasn't all it was drummed up to be. Then when I graduate in 2015 and realise the economy was in a worse position than when I started, hopefully Labour get in that year and implement some Keynesian economics :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by anna-chipie 95
i know this sounds a bit weird and sad but- making friends.
sometimes i think "hell yeah i'll make loads!" but other times i think i'll arrive in my room, sit on my bed and shake and quiver at the prospect of people coming into my room.

also- i don't really do the whole drinking scene, so i dont fancy being dragged out to bars etc in freshers week.
oh yeah, and- my subject is quite 'unpopular' in the sense that not many people do it (yup its languages) and the other people in my year doing it may be humungous w*****s.

I'm not really into the whole drinking thing either! and languages is cool :smile:
Original post by RacheyTV
I'm not really into the whole drinking thing either! and languages is cool :smile:

well thats one person... can i just ask, where were you thinking of going?
Reply 17
Original post by jaadau121
snobby posh twits

That too
Reply 18
Original post by anna-chipie 95
well thats one person... can i just ask, where were you thinking of going?

I studied French and Spanish at school (got very confusing at times) haha. Hope to pick it up at university again.

I've been accepted to study TV production at Westminster :smile: what about you?
Reply 19
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
How old are you? There's a guy at my school, really nice actually but I'm not sure he's even 17 yet. Or did he just turn 17 at the beginning of the month...I forget. Anyway, we're in the same year so he's just left 6th year at 16. Poor guy. Don't envy him at all. I'm worried enough and I'm only going to be 17 for the first term.

I'm 17, and i don't turn 18 until after the xmas hols

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending