The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough University business school

Hi guys,
Has anyone been given an offer to study any business courses at Loughborough?
So excited to start, really hope I manage to get the grades!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Not that I have an offer, but I'm on the IB course coming towards the end of my placement year. I'll be there for year 4 when you start in September.

If you have any questions about Business School feel free to ask!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Aw thank you! I'm hoping to start the retail, marketing and management course. Who have you done your placement with?

Original post by tinks9310
Aw thank you! I'm hoping to start the retail, marketing and management course. Who have you done your placement with?

Good choice, I did a lot of the modules from that course (although I did IB I chose marketing for practically all my options). If I chose again I would probably do RMM instead!

I'm doing my placement with a small local company (a website which sells shoes!), mainly because I wanted to live at home for various reasons, but there's definitely advantages to working in a smaller company rather than the big multinationals that a lot of my friends went for. One thing I would say with placement is start applying in September of year 2! It's very competitive and can take several months to get something you're happy with. The placements office staff are really helpful and friendly though.
Reply 4
Hi guys,
Has anyone been given an offer to study any business courses at Loughborough?
So excited to start, really hope I manage to get the grades!

Hey,
I am doing Accounts and Finance
Reply 5
Management Sciences... if I get the grades, don't think I will thought.
which hall have you all got?
Reply 6
Fingers crossed you will! Royce, you?

Reply 7
Oooh sounds good, my friend got Royce :smile: I got Robert bakewell
Original post by hannahlw21
Management Sciences... if I get the grades, don't think I will thought.
which hall have you all got?

Ah i'm doing Man Sci atm :smile: About to start my placement year in a few days! You'll love it :yep: Be prepared for maths though!
Same as LouboutinLove; will be returning in October for my final year of Accounting & Financial Management; my placement finishes 31 August!
Original post by Melting Sugar.
Ah i'm doing Man Sci atm :smile: About to start my placement year in a few days! You'll love it :yep: Be prepared for maths though!

Urhhh how much maths? like what?? where are you doing your placement year??
Goshhhh well I'm gonna need lots of help then!

Oohhh my friends sister is doing her placement at somewhere in London :smile:
The maths isn't that bad, we did a lot of the same modules as Man Sci in first and second year and they were some of my best module marks, considering I'm horrendous at maths (I got a B at GCSE). If you didn't do A-level maths you're separated from those who did in first year, you're taught differently but do the same exam at the end.

It's also worth pointing out the two big maths exams in first and second year are open book, making things much much easier.
Original post by dudleyian
Same as LouboutinLove; will be returning in October for my final year of Accounting & Financial Management; my placement finishes 31 August!

Hey.
Is everyone guaranteed to get a placement?
Reply 14
Original post by cancergirl92
Hey.

I don't think so, I think i heard that if you don't get a placement you just go into the final year.
Reply 15
Fingers crossed you will! Royce, you?

see you in royceeey! :smile:
Going to Royce ! See you soon ! :smile:

I accepted my offer to study Management Science (starting in 2013 - gap year!) but I think I'm going to change to the international business if they let me...anybody got any information on that course?
Original post by cancergirl92
Hey.

You're not guaranteed obviously but everyone manages it :smile:

You can't just go through into your final year by the way; you have to do a year out instead!
Original post by Tyles
I don't think so, I think i heard that if you don't get a placement you just go into the final year.

Incorrect, they don't let you do that. You have to do a year out instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending