The Student Room Group

Southampton uni Midwifery and Nursing 2012

Hey, Just got a conditional offer for Midwifery at Southampton. Would love to meet anyone on the same course or nursing course before going.

I live in Southampton so can't go into halls, which is a shame, as I would still like the social side of university. Is there anyone else doing nursing or midwifery that needs accomodation?
Reply 1
Hiya congratulations on your offer for midwifery. I was unsuccessful following interview. I applied for nursing through extra and have just been offered a place. I live near southampton, about 15 miles away but will be travelling in x
Reply 2
I was offered a place for nursing at southampton through extra last year so didn't get into halls as I applied too late. I'm currently living in Orion's Point which has university students in and was the uni's kind of 'overflow' halls. You should try contacting Orion's separately to see if you can book a room there without going through the uni, as like you said you can't get into halls through the uni because you live in southampton. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JoannaEKelly
Hey, Just got a conditional offer for Midwifery at Southampton. Would love to meet anyone on the same course or nursing course before going.

I live in Southampton so can't go into halls, which is a shame, as I would still like the social side of university. Is there anyone else doing nursing or midwifery that needs accomodation?

Hey congrats, I've a conditional offer too, but for Adult/Children's nursing! Well it's interesting that you say that because yeah I could get accommodation as I live waaay outta South but the accomm seems quite expensive to me so was wondering about going into a houseshare instead!
Reply 4
Hey, congratulations to all of you! I had heard of Orien's point and had ben thinking about it but last week I met someone who is at Southampton who wasn't able to go into halls in her first year as she missed the dealine for appplying. She said that Soton hold a whole day on the 30th or 31st of August (the date hasnt been finalised yet) that was specifically set up for people that couldnt be in halls for whatever reason. Everyone meets eachother and by the end of the day she had organised a house with other people. Apparently sooo many people turn up so thought I'd give that ago first. I rang the uni and apparently it's a really good way to sort out accomodation.
Sorry I'm not sure what your name is (studying adult/children's nursing) but I hope that's helped you too :-).
Hey Joanna, I have also got a conditional offer to study Midwifery at Southampton so will be joining you on the course! :smile: I live in crawley so will be living in halls but good luck in your exams and will hopefully be meeting you in September!
Reply 6
Hi i have an offer for soton midwifery and bournemouth also. If you wang adding to the fb groups for either then let me know! Xx
Reply 7
Yes please, for the Southampton one would be great because I've confirmed the offer for there :-). Thank you! x
Reply 8
Hey I will pm you the link, two secs!
Reply 9
Hiii i was wondering if you could help me please.
I have an interview this week at London South Bank uni for adult nursing. Test first then interview. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the tests are the same as the examples they have on their site or isit different?? and how is the interview like??? and the things they ask...
Thank youu
Reply 10
Can anyone reccomend which accomodation would be best for nursing students and also would i require a short or long contract?
Reply 11
I stayed in Wessex lane, monte halls this year and I'm studying child nursing. It was great for the social aspect and meeting other people that aren't studying nursing. I got a regular contract which ended on the 1st July which is when most people's house contracts start. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
My friend is coming to the last part of her midwifery degree at southy. She stayed in portswood and it was really, really nice when i visited her.
Reply 13
Hi My name is Sophie
I am currently in my first year at UWE in bristol studying Midwifery. I have an interview on 19th March with the possibility to transfer to Southampton for my second and third year as I am from Bournemouth and have always wanted a career in Princess Anne Hospital. I was just wondering how it's all going for you guys? and if I do get in whether there is a facebook page or something where I can introduce myself to everyone?

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending