The Student Room Group

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

Happened overnight during a screening of the new Batman film at a cinema complex in the Denver suburb of Aurora. 14 people now confirmed dead (may well be 12, conflicting news reports) with as many as 50 more injured. Additional reports of a gas attack.

One man (apparently the gunman) has been arrested and has since claimed that further explosive devices are being kept at his home.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Masked gunman Shooting people outside The Dark Knight Rises Premier in Colorado...
About 10 people dead and 40 injured.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Well they insist on having a tooled up population....
According to witnesses a man in a gas mask tear-gassed one of the theaters and then began shooting randomly :frown:
Reply 4
And yet people think we should legalise guns in this country.
The counter argument of course, is that if members of the public were allowed to carry concealed weapons somebody would have plugged him as soon as he started shooting. As it was he was shooting fish in a barrel. :frown:

local reporter saying 10 dead up to 50 injured. :frown:

America is too far down the road to pass any meaningful gun restrictions. The gun lobby has far too much influence and it aint going to change any time soon.

Edit Suspect in custody.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Guy was wearing a gas mask? Clearly mentality disturbed, doesn't the main villain in the film wear a gas mask too? Some psycho trying to pose at the character or something possibly..

I'm surprised he's been arrested and not just shot on sight, guess he gave himself up or something. Crazy....:s-smilie:
Original post by MTR_10
This is why violent video games should be banned.

Aw come on...you could have left it half a dozen posts before you lay that one on the table.:rolleyes:
I'm presuming he did it for its irony... Some people are messed up. :/
I thought Americans dont get irony
Apparently he released a smoke bomb of sorts. What is wrong with the world?
Original post by MTR_10
This is why violent video games should be banned.

Regardless of the fact that tens of millions of kids play them and turn out fine, right?
Awww I really wanted to see what he had to say though :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by joey11223
Guy was wearing a gas mask? Clearly mentality disturbed, doesn't the main villain in the film wear a gas mask too? Some psycho trying to pose at the character or something possibly..

I'm surprised he's been arrested and not just shot on sight, guess he gave himself up or something. Crazy....:s-smilie:

No.
oh right..sorry I didn't read the entire opening post or article as I have BBC news 24 on my TV right now and they're talking about the numbers dead and such and haven't mentioned a gas attack in the last 10 mins I've had it on. :redface:
Reply 15
Only in the USA. What a nutter, surprised the police didn't just waste him.
Original post by B-Man.
No.

oh right, not read the comics or read details of the film, just looked like a fancy gas-mask type thing to me. What does the character wear it for?
"According to reports, two gunmen wearing body armour may have been involved in the attack.

One has been arrested and a manhunt is under way for the second, according to reports."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/14-killed-in-denver-batman-film-shooting-7961674.html

Two gunmen or just one?
If only the dark knight was there to protect them, sick joke! :s-smilie:

No really USA is used to shooting too much, they need proper security and education.
Reply 19
Original post by joey11223
oh right, not read the comics or read details of the film, just looked like a fancy gas-mask type thing to me. What does the character wear it for?

Needs gas to survive. That mask contains pipes which pump gas into him.

Quick Reply