The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Looking for a 2 bedroom property to rent from September '12.

Hey,
I am starting filmmaking course in met in September 12 and I am looking for a 2 bedroom property. The thing is I will be living with my 7 year old son, and I am looking for something private rather, as I doubt halls would take me with a kid lol

Any help or advises are highly appreciated.
Have you looked at Manchester student Homes? It's a free accommodation service open to all students in Maanchester. You will have to read the contract carefully though as some will exclude children.

Otherwise, I think your best option is to look for flats on the open market. Obviously this will necessitate you coming to manchester early to look for flats, but it will probably be the best option.

Have you checked if MMU offers any family accommodation?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for your concern.
I am looking on that website, not too much on there, but I keep checking every so often.
Was hoping that I wouldn't have to go to the open market because of the fees every agency would charge me. So private landlord would be ideal.
I am enquiring about couple of properties right now to be honest ( from Manchester home) hope I will get/like one of them.
Getting quite stressed with all the movement now :-/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Nadia.La
Hey, thanks for your concern.
I am looking on that website, not too much on there, but I keep checking every so often.
Was hoping that I wouldn't have to go to the open market because of the fees every agency would charge me. So private landlord would be ideal.
I am enquiring about couple of properties right now to be honest ( from Manchester home) hope I will get/like one of them.
Getting quite stressed with all the movement now :-/

MSH isn't an agent - they're more of an advertising service than anything else, and they are also there to offer impartial advice. It's funded by the universities, so it's quite reliable. Some of the adverts come from private landlords - I found my house via MSH, and it's run by a private landlord not an agent.
Reply 4
I know it isn't an agent. That is **** I meant by website. I am checking them every day but there's nothing new :-/

Reply 5
Why it starred out 'what'!?? Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending