The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Ethereal
I think he was face down on the ground and his airway got blocked. I find it highly doubtful any of the Socts players would strangle a guy and suspicious that there is conveniently not enough for Ireland to report it to the citing officer

I quite agree. A stray punch in the heat of the moment is one thing, but intentionally strangling another player seems highly unlikely.
Reply 1041
bikerx23
I think on current form Australia or South Africa could probably beat Ireland (they just dont seem to be the cohesive unit they were in the autumn and before).

How are NZ dirty players?

Using high spear tackles for one thing...that's enough as far as I'm concerned especially since they very nearly ended BOD's career.

I always pair NZ and Wasp players together...dirty!

I guess that being female, I am less aggressive anyway and don't have testosterone raging around my innards. :wink:
Reply 1042
yawn
Using high spear tackles for one thing...that's enough as far as I'm concerned especially since they very nearly ended BOD's career.

I always pair NZ and Wasp players together...dirty!

I guess that being female, I am less aggressive anyway and don't have testosterone raging around my innards. :wink:

Also less objective in that you don't realise rugby is a brutal game and seem to tar all the players with the same brush as one or two deserve :wink:
Reply 1043
Ethereal
Also less objective in that you don't realise rugby is a brutal game and seem to tar all the players with the same brush as one or two deserve :wink:

I do realise that rugby is a brutal game (is this description of a 'game' a misnomer, do you think?) and sometimes wish it was a little less brutal when players get badly hurt.

That is my protective instincts coming out no doubt.
Reply 1044
yawn
I do realise that rugby is a brutal game (is this description of a 'game' a misnomer, do you think?) and sometimes wish it was a little less brutal when players get badly hurt.

That is my protective instincts coming out no doubt.

I was badly hurt. I'd keep the game as it is :p:
Reply 1045
Ethereal
I was badly hurt. I'd keep the game as it is :p:

Yes, I want to keep the game as it is too because it is so exciting...I just get very concerned when I see badly injured players.

My menfolk get impatient with me when I complain over dirty play...they say "if they can get away with it, they will - it's all part of what rugby is."

I hope you have completely recovered, incidentally. :smile:
Reply 1046
"my menfolk" lol! your harem?:p:
Reply 1047
Ethereal
"my menfolk" lol! your harem?:p:

Haha - yeah, my 'bitches'. :biggrin:
bikerx23
I think on current form Australia or South Africa could probably beat Ireland

Sounds more like the cricket than the rugby :biggrin: But, if there's any justice it'll go to the ABs with Ireland the best NH team. I reckon France will do their usual trick of playing one game brilliantly and the next as though they've never met before.
kingsholmmad
Sounds more like the cricket than the rugby :biggrin: But, if there's any justice it'll go to the ABs with Ireland the best NH team. I reckon France will do their usual trick of playing one game brilliantly and the next as though they've never met before.

It's always hard to tell with France and playing on home soil could swing it either way. I have to admit I'd like to see the All Blacks win... though of course Wales have just been lulling everyone into a false sense of security during the 6N and will come storming through to win the world cup. :rolleyes:
Reply 1050
dragon_1706
It's always hard to tell with France and playing on home soil could swing it either way. I have to admit I'd like to see the All Blacks win... though of course Wales have just been lulling everyone into a false sense of security during the 6N and will come storming through to win the world cup. :rolleyes:

If Ireland don't win the World Cup it would be great to see Wales bring it home to the 'valleys'. :smile:
yawn
If Ireland don't win the World Cup it would be great to see Wales bring it home to the 'valleys'. :smile:

did you hit the alter wine hard last night yawn?
bikerx23

Quite! Hell, gimme some of whatever she's smokin', Murrayfield could do with a bit of silverware!
Reply 1053
Just got pasted 70-0 :frown:. After the match they revealed they were infact under 21's and had 2 internationals.

The thing about rugby is you cant just get togeatehr a bunch of lads who are alright and play well like you can in football. Playing at flyhalf is a nightmare, trying to get the scrumhalf to pass it blind, but he forgot all the codes i quickly told him whilst i was talking to him in the next toilet before the match.

One really funny bit was my centre (who also forgot codes) said really loudly 'do a scissors!' so all the opposition could hear. I couldnt quite believe it. Neverthless, i did do a sissors, just to show him that you dont tell the opposition what your about to do.

I hate being outgunned. Whatever way i cut it, i wasnt as fit or as fast as the rest of their backs. The only thing i had on them was kicking. Depressing :frown:

I've never defended for a whole 80minutes either.
Reply 1054
Unlucky
Reply 1055
bikerx23

lol - I wish!

I have a soft spot for the Welsh - they're our celtic cousins.
Reply 1056
yawn
lol - I wish!

I have a soft spot for the Welsh - they're our celtic cousins.

As opposed to Scotland, most of England, the Isle of Man, Brittany etc.
Reply 1057
Have any of you played Rugby 2007? I'm very tempted to buy it - looks really quite fun :smile:

The loss of stephen jones from Wales a good thing or bad thing for England?

Ourkid
Reply 1058
Ethereal
As opposed to Scotland, most of England, the Isle of Man, Brittany etc.

The Isle of Man and Brittany don't have teams in the six nations! And England aren't a celtic nation.

And Scotland? alasdair kinda dissipates any feelings of solidarity I might otherwise have with the Scots. :biggrin:
Ourkid

The loss of stephen jones from Wales a good thing or bad thing for England?

Ourkid

Most people in Wales seem to have been calling for him to be dropped for weeks, so no-one seems too upset that he's injured. He definitely hasn't been playing well since he became captain, so it could be a good thing for us. Having Alfie back in the team will certainly be good for morale, though centre isn't really his best position.

Quick Reply

Latest