The Student Room Group

How to save a number on my calculator?

Anyone know how to save a number associated with the alphabet letters on the casio scientific calculators?
Reply 1
[Select a number]->Shift then press the RCL button (it stays STO above it)-> Select a button which has a red letter in capitals above it.

I'll warn you now that you'll need to reset your calculators memory before an exam though.
Reply 2
pimpman777
Anyone know how to save a number associated with the alphabet letters on the casio scientific calculators?

cheating are we?.. if you dont remember something ei a formula, write it on the paper inside your calcultor
Reply 3
Cheating?? Aren't you allowing to store numbers on your calculator? I already know about the numbers I want to store, it just makes it quicker and easier if I store it (stuff like planks constant etc)
pimpman777
Cheating?? Aren't you allowing to store numbers on your calculator? I already know about the numbers I want to store, it just makes it quicker and easier if I store it (stuff like planks constant etc)

During the exam, it should be fine, but technically if you have anything stored in your calculator when you first take it into the exam it could be construed as cheating (in the same way that taking notes into most exams would be). You're probably very unlikely to be caught, but I wouldn't want to completely rule it out.
Reply 5
Illusionary
During the exam, it should be fine, but technically if you have anything stored in your calculator when you first take it into the exam it could be construed as cheating (in the same way that taking notes into most exams would be). You're probably very unlikely to be caught, but I wouldn't want to completely rule it out.

Oh right ok
Reply 6
What paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending