The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Streetwize
hi guys
i got an open day tmrw and i got a map and stuff from notts but it doesnt say how to get there from the notts train station and i was wondering if anyone knew

im specifically based at the jubilee campus so any help would be appreciated

thanks,
sandeep

I can't remember exactly how I got there (it was ages ago) but just ask at the information desk in the station which bus you can get to go to nottingham university, and where to catch it from. Thats what I did. If its an open day for the main university, there may be students waiting at the station to guide people.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Streetwize
hi guys
i got an open day tmrw and i got a map and stuff from notts but it doesnt say how to get there from the notts train station and i was wondering if anyone knew

thanks,
sandeep

ok turn left out of the station walk along the road towards the bus station(litterally about 3mins away from the train station), go to the middle section and catch a 4 or 5 bus-this will take you up near the campus.

hmm actually thinking about it you might be better off walking up to the victoria center shopping center and catching a 33/34 which goes right onto the campus, past the trent building. to do that again walk to the bus station, continue up that road through the broadmarsh shopping center, up through the city past market square and the town center, you should find it easily, be warned there are *loads* of bus stops-i think the one you want is opposit a burger king

hah that so didnt help at all did it, believe me its not as tricky as i've made out, go get a 33 and you'll be fine, to get to jubilee you'll then have to get on the free hopper bus that goes between the campus's :smile:
Reply 3
Streetwize
hi guys

thanks,
sandeep

I get the train from Nottingham to Beeston (it's an extra 5 mins and costs about £1) and then it's easy to get to. You walk up the steps from the station platform and turn left on the bridge. Then follow the road to the first set of crossroads where you turn right. Follow the road for about a mile and you'll find yourself at the edge of the uni. If you look it up on www.multimap.com you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, do as Rah says, but turn right to come out of the station first, before turning left to get to the Broadmarsh bus station (which looks like a carpark...). If you ask for directions to the bus station from the train station they'll be able to help you. The bus you need is a purple (sometimes it's red) Rainbow bus with the number 5 on it (usually followed by QMC or Dunkirk, Beeston) Either route goes past the West Entrance. Just ask the driver to tell you when you're there.

Would offer to come and meet you so you don't get lost (and help you get on a bus, etc) but unfortunately I have a nasty feminist philosophy lecture 1-2... :frown:

Hope everything goes ok today :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending