The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by DavidLloydGeorge
Are you taking 5 A2s? Because if you aren't, what's the point in asking for an A in Latin or Greek? Surely if you're taking 4, then you have to get an A to meet the entry requirement anyway making the latin/greek bit completely redundant.
Sorry about the rage. I'm offerless from Exeter.

Yes 5A2s, but surely they could stipulate the A in Latin or Greek if I were only taking 4? I.e. As in Latin, X and Y and B in Greek would still meet the criteria...? :confused:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 201
Got an offer on Tuesday. AAA for Philosophy.

Best of luck to everyone!
Reply 202
Going for History and Politics, applying with IB creds. Anyone doing the same?

Congratulations to everyone with an offer already!
anyone here for International Relations?

Im on a gap year and already have my results so I hope i'll get a reply quickly :smile:
Im applying for Diagnostic Radiography :biggrin:
is anyone else applying for Radiography
Original post by Cupid93
Yes 5A2s, but surely they could stipulate the A in Latin or Greek if I were only taking 4? I.e. As in Latin, X and Y and B in Greek would still meet the criteria...? :confused:

I think the point is if you were taking 4, AAA would have to include Latin or Greek so actually saying "to include Latin or Greek" is redundant

If you are taking 5 or more you could get AAA without getting As in Latin or Greek :colonhash:

My offer is exactly the same are yours btw :yeah:
Reply 206
Original post by ConfusedKid160

I think you're good to go on that one. That CRB requirement is a little confusing though, never heard of it. I certainly don't need one for my programme. The UCAS checkbox does all that I need.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 207
Original post by medbh4805
I think the point is if you were taking 4, AAA would have to include Latin or Greek so actually saying "to include Latin or Greek" is redundant

If you are taking 5 or more you could get AAA without getting As in Latin or Greek :colonhash:

My offer is exactly the same are yours btw :yeah:

Ah, hadn't thought of that...all this UCAS stress must be scrambling my logic.

Congrats on your offer! :yeah:
Reply 208
Original post by ConfusedKid160

I am :smile:

Exeter and Leeds are my top choices, where else you applying to?

Heard anything back yet? xx
I'm applying for Politics and Sociology :biggrin:
Although college haven't sent off my application yet... I paid for it nearly 3 weeks ago, I'm so annoyed. :angry:
Hello,

I got an offer on Tuesday for Theology (AAB) - I'm have also applied to Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and KCL.

Good luck everyone!
those with AAB offers for law - which campus?
Original post by silverspoonmess
those with AAB offers for law - which campus?

I think AAB offers only go to Cornwall Campus or those with mitigating circumstances.
Original post by Grenville

Original post by Grenville
I think AAB offers only go to Cornwall Campus or those with mitigating circumstances.

Ah okay, thank you :smile:
Hello. I've applied to Exeter for Economics, but I'm not sure which campus it is. I'm assuming that it's the Streatham main campus? Can anyone enlighten me on how to find out which campus I've applied to? Thanks!
Original post by paperstars123
Hello. I've applied to Exeter for Economics, but I'm not sure which campus it is. I'm assuming that it's the Streatham main campus? Can anyone enlighten me on how to find out which campus I've applied to? Thanks!

Yes, Streatham is the main Exeter Campus, the other one is Cornwall Campus
Reply 216
Hey everyone, I've applied to Exeter for Flexible Combined Honours (Hopefully with a combination of Psychology and Philosophy)
Good luck to everybody in your applications! :biggrin:
Reply 217
Any offers yet? My best friend got an offer for Ancient History at Streatham campus last week..... very jealous of her!

Applying for History V100 :smile: Good luck everyone!
Original post by zoeleec

Original post by zoeleec
Any offers yet? My best friend got an offer for Ancient History at Streatham campus last week..... very jealous of her!

Applying for History V100 :smile: Good luck everyone!

Law at Streatham. Think there;s been a fair few offers from Exeter. definitely for Law.
GOT AN OFFER TODAY FROM EXETER!!! for philosophy and political economy!!

Quick Reply